Shaw & Urhogide

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Not the point at all though is it.

The manager of the football club himself said that if he was in charge earlier he would not have let either players run down their contract and leave.

So are you fundamentally disagreeing with Darren Moore here? He wanted to keep them both.

He’s always gonna say something like that isn’t he? Diplomatic 

“Celtic have made two wonderful signings and there’s much more to come from both of them. 

“Players of their magnitude, you don’t let them get to that side of their contract. Had I been at the club a lot earlier then that wouldn’t have happened.

“I tried to keep Osaze in the building. But the boy had already made up his mind by the time I came in. I got it and I understood it, as disappointing as it was. I tried as hard as I could.”

Direct quote from the manager who the majority of Wednesdayites are praising for his recruitment and eye for a player this summer. 

Darren Moore wanted to keep them. But a few armchair bitter critics says they’re poo .

lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

“Celtic have made two wonderful signings and there’s much more to come from both of them. 

“Players of their magnitude, you don’t let them get to that side of their contract. Had I been at the club a lot earlier then that wouldn’t have happened.

“I tried to keep Osaze in the building. But the boy had already made up his mind by the time I came in. I got it and I understood it, as disappointing as it was. I tried as hard as I could.”

Direct quote from the manager who the majority of Wednesdayites are praising for his recruitment and eye for a player this summer. 

Darren Moore wanted to keep them. But a few armchair bitter critics says they’re poo .

lol

Think he wanted to keep Urhoghide. But he rated Pelupessy better then Shaw and pitch time under him will prove that.

• Like 2

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Urhoghide is going to be a very good player IF and it’s a big if, he gets some game time at Celtic. Made a poor decision in my opinion. Shaw however is poo!

I fancy Urhoghide to have a pretty good career. 

Lad has some decent raw attributes and he seems like a level headed kid. 

Shaw...who honestly knows. 

He's still very young and I suppose we saw a few glimpses, but we also saw some moments of rank stupidity from him too. 

Time will only tell if moving to Celtic turns out to be a great move for both of them, but it was clearly the right move at the time given what was going on with us. 

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

What?

Eh?

He literally says he wanted to keep them and they’re wonderful players.

And you’re disagreeing with it

lol

Can you find me an example of a manager referring to a play as being rubbish and not caring they left on low fees?

• Haha 3

Guest LondonOwl313
3 hours ago, swfc1983 said:

Im not even sure either would get in our current match day squad. Maybe Osaze as right back cover.

Would rather have Urgohide than Dunkley but he would definitely be behind Iorfa and Hutchinson. 

Shaw I’m not sure. Adeniran played more championship games last season and has more presence about him.. Luongo is experienced but a crock. He’d probably be behind those two but get some bench time when Luongo disappears for months.

Neither looks like a massive loss to us.

2 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Can you find me an example of a manager referring to a play as being rubbish and not caring they left on low fees?

Cloughie might be good place to start!

• Like 1

On 20/07/2021 at 14:07, sheffield_dave said:

Are they?

Celtic are in a mess and have got to the Danes for the second leg at 1-1. Not sure Shaw and Osaze being this close to their first team at this stage is ideal.. 

Yeah where's this likely to progress nonsense coming from?  They're a long, long way away from the heady Rodgers years.

Shaw may have been in and around the first team squad here had he stayed? Urgohide would certainly have been IMO.

They’ve joined Celtic at a time when things are far from stable there. Their recent supremacy in Scottish Football has come to an end and I can see them getting through a few managers over the next few seasons. Postecoglou might have a proven track record in Australia/Asia but he won’t find it easy over here.

All in all financially it’s a good move for them both but football wise it’s very much in the balance for them. I expect Shaw to be back in England next season TBH.

8 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

You’re talking rubbish mate.

For someone to be diplomatic they don’t have to use language like ‘players of their magnitude’.

He rated them. Deal with it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

In days gone by this story would have seen your Fish & Chips wrapped up in news paper full of yesterdays news. Let it go !

What you on about? This thread gets bumped every time Celtic play. 

I’m really not the one who needs to let it go. 

Some awful takes being spouted in this thread. 

God knows what some of you are like when an ex splits up with you.

Shaw has the attributes to make it in the Premiership - absolutely.

Uroghide - will make a decent career out of football, but can't see him being at the level as Shaw - when you watch him play it's not 'natural' - he's worked at his game, and you can tell that. Shaw actually looks totally comfortable on the ball. 

38 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

You’re talking rubbish mate.

For someone to be diplomatic they don’t have to use language like ‘players of their magnitude’.

He rated them. Deal with it. 

Yeh he probably thought they were decent prospects like we did, nothing more than that

I’m not sure how much game time Urhoghide would get here with Dom, Hutch, Dunkley all in front of him. Whilst I thought he was decent, when you have 2/3 senior pro’s in front of you, game time will be limited. 

I really liked Shaw, and thought he could be the box-to-box player we’ve missed since Lee, with an added bit of physicality too. That said, I’m not sure he’s any better than Adeniran who looks a very good prospect too.

It’s not just Wednesday losing players on free’s it’s becoming more and more a trend in modern football. Look at the free’s this season that have gone and you could build an elite team capable of challenging any league in the world.