Shaw & Urhogide

28 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Both on the bench in Celtic's Europa League game v Ferencvaros Half time at the moment.

Playing the weakest team in their group, helps that they are allowed to name 11 subs on the bench in Europe and bring 5 on, lets see if they get a run out.

46 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Playing the weakest team in their group, helps that they are allowed to name 11 subs on the bench in Europe and bring 5 on, lets see if they get a run out.

They made 4 subs in the 2nd half, neither got on.

I don't think they've played a minute for the first team yet.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Tommy Crawshaw said:

They made 4 subs in the 2nd half, neither got on.

I don't think they've played a minute for the first team yet.

They haven't, as Edinburgh Owls said they have both played for the Celtic B team - Shaw twice and Osaze once, in a 3-1 defeat to the mighty Grenock Morton. 

5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

They haven't, as Edinburgh Owls said they have both played for the Celtic B team - Shaw twice and Osaze once, in a 3-1 defeat to the mighty Grenock Morton. 

With hindsight, both might have been better off staying with us to continue their development as they would probably be getting games depending on the weekly starting XI lottery - but at the time, we were all over the place and it’s a bold move to turn a club as big as Celtic down at any point in your career, let alone when you’re just starting out at a club which was a complete shambles on and off the pitch

• Like 1

Just now, beswetherick said:

With hindsight, both might have been better off staying with us to continue their development as they would probably be getting games depending on the weekly starting XI lottery - but at the time, we were all over the place and it’s a bold move to turn a club as big as Celtic down at any point in your career, let alone when you’re just starting out at a club which was a complete shambles on and off the pitch

I can understand that.

I just don't see either as any great loss that some on here had them down to be. Certainly don't think Shaw gets a look in if our midfielders are fit and Osaze doesn't play if we play a back 4.  

13 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Completely agree! 

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I can understand that.

I just don't see either as any great loss that some on here had them down to be. Certainly don't think Shaw gets a look in if our midfielders are fit and Osaze doesn't play if we play a back 4.  

Very optimistic that we won’t have key players injured for unlimited amounts of time! I think both would be getting a decent amount of games, possibly not first choice but we’re already down to the bare bones in midfield and defence - we didn’t have a single midfielder or defender to bring off the bench on Saturday when we needed to close the game out

2 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Very optimistic that we won’t have key players injured for unlimited amounts of time! I think both would be getting a decent amount of games, possibly not first choice but we’re already down to the bare bones in midfield and defence - we didn’t have a single midfielder or defender to bring off the bench on Saturday when we needed to close the game out

True, but I put that down to Moore, he could have picked some midfielders from the academy rather than flooding the bench with wingers when playing a formation without wingers and then refusing to turn to said wingers when we blew the lead. 

We had plenty of midfielders and defenders on the pitch too due to the way he sets us up. Adeniran is back now and Byers, Luongo and Hutchinson would all be ahead of Shaw. Yes a couple of those are injury prone but who is to say Shaw would not pick up injuries like Byers, Adeniran FDB have done? 

Both would probably have got more opportunities than they have done for even Celtic's B side so far though! 

15 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

True, but I put that down to Moore, he could have picked some midfielders from the academy rather than flooding the bench with wingers when playing a formation without wingers and then refusing to turn to said wingers when we blew the lead. 

We had plenty of midfielders and defenders on the pitch too due to the way he sets us up. Adeniran is back now and Byers, Luongo and Hutchinson would all be ahead of Shaw. Yes a couple of those are injury prone but who is to say Shaw would not pick up injuries like Byers, Adeniran FDB have done? 

Both would probably have got more opportunities than they have done for even Celtic's B side so far though! 

All the U23s nearest the first team are on loan.  I can't see Moore putting U18s on the bench or the younger U23s.  The downside of loaning young players out I suppose.  If Brennan had not been on loan I'm sure he would have been on the bench Saturday and possibly today. With the injured defenders he would have been next in line.

1 minute ago, Etchesketch said:

All the U23s nearest the first team are on loan.  I can't see Moore putting U18s on the bench or the younger U23s.  The downside of loaning young players out I suppose.  If Brennan had not been on loan I'm sure he would have been on the bench Saturday and possibly today. With the injured defenders he would have been next in line.

Yes, Brennan would certainly have been on the bench in recent games. Moore is going with 3 at the back and flooding the midfield at a time when he has injured defenders and midfielders and he spent the summer shaping the squad to play with wingers........

8 hours ago, Nut said:

Didnt Shaw start out as a centre half? He might have got some game time in that positon. 

He was an attacking midfielder by trade  who was a regular goalscorer coming through  the ranks. Could play anywhere down the middle if needed and played games for the first team at centre last season  but  he didn't  for the U18s and U23s.