Shaw & Urhogide

30 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

So if I leave my job for more money am I screwing my employer over?

A lot of people in the world screwing around then

lol

Yeh if they’ve invested a lot in you and then you leave them before you return that investment you have screwed them-I am surprised you are unfamiliar with this concept!!

14 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

What should they have done instead, then?

Signed new contracts 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Yeh if they’ve invested a lot in you and then you leave them before you return that investment you have screwed them-I am surprised you are unfamiliar with this concept!!

Signed new contracts 

Disagree. They moved to secure their future. Don’t blame them at all. Up to the club to get them tied down long term. We failed. 

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
46 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

No they aren't.

Rangers and Celtic are both bellend clubs but bit weird a Wednesday fan hates them more than United.

Nothing weird about it. Being a Wednesday fan, doesn’t preclude me being a Rangers fan too. Of all posters on here, you should recognise many people support (or at least have a preference) for a team each from each country.

25 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

The contracts we offered were reportedly nothing like the ones offered by Celtic, though.

What they did wasn't 'screwing us over'; it was sensible.

So we still invested in them for them to leave us 

22 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Disagree. They moved to secure their future. Don’t blame them at all. Up to the club to get them tied down long term. We failed. 

I have no doubt the move seems the best option for them but I don’t support them, they screwed us

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

So we still invested in them for them to leave us 

Which is perfectly normal in football, as in any business. I wouldn't consider that 'screwing' us, though.

If we'd not allowed their contracts to run down so much before trying to renew them, the for wouldn't have been wide open for Celtic to come in and offer them better deals without having to agree a transfer fee first.

If anything, we screwed ourselves over.

• Thanks 1

The minute Shaw signed that pre contract deal at Celtic his performances nose dived at the club.

He didn’t play one decent game after that and with hindsight should’ve never pulled on a Wednesday shirt again.

In the thick of a relegation battle you need players who are willing to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in, Shaw clearly was not willing to do so.

I remember that first game after he signed the deal at Celtic he cost us a result against Birmingham at Hillsborough with a stupid tackle when he was already on a booking.

I don’t wish him any harm as he’s just looking after himself but I certainly don’t wish him well either.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Which is perfectly normal in football, as in any business. I wouldn't consider that 'screwing' us, though.

If we'd not allowed their contracts to run down so much before trying to renew them, the for wouldn't have been wide open for Celtic to come in and offer them better deals without having to agree a transfer fee first.

If anything, we screwed ourselves over.

He screwed us mate, biggest screw job since Montreal 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

The minute Shaw signed that pre contract deal at Celtic his performances nose dived at the club.

He didn’t play one decent game after that and with hindsight should’ve never pulled on a Wednesday shirt again.

In the thick of a relegation battle you need players who are willing to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in, Shaw clearly was not willing to do so.

I remember that first game after he signed the deal at Celtic he cost us a result against Birmingham at Hillsborough with a stupid tackle when he was already on a booking.

I don’t wish him any harm as he’s just looking after himself but I certainly don’t wish him well either.

He wasn't THAT great before he signed for them either.

Couple of standout performances against poor teams but very little else to speak of

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Morepork said:

New Celtic boss under pressure from the get go……I can say with confidence that I won’t ever find myself wishing ill of the young lads that left the chaos of Wednesday for something bigger and more stable……..

A new manager at a big club is always under pressure right from the start as there is a constant expectation, its a lot different  to clubs like us. 

Guest Therealrealist

I think if theyd just said we are moving for more money then fair enough..but the old 'moving gor footballing reasons' was utter bullshizen..playing in our first team is better than sitting on a bench in cl..for  2 games

47 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

He wasn't THAT great before he signed for them either.

Couple of standout performances against poor teams but very little else to speak of

Agreed.

People talk about his MoM award in the win against Derby, a match in which Derby were unlucky not to be 3 up by HT and a cup game where he did well and that’s about it.

11 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

What you trying to gain?

More concerned we let them go for nowt. Hopefully the chairman has finally finally learnt.

I’m not going to be bitter about two lads leaving. Don’t care what they go on to do, good luck to them though.

Just would like the club not to let a situation like that arise again. As echoed by our current manager Darren Moore.

Hes just sulking because two teenagers with barely a handful of 1st team games between them have more CL experience than his hero Baz

• Haha 1

lol

What Champions League experience is that? They didn’t make it.  
Shaw isn’t fit to lace Bannans jockstrap. Very weird that people would rather rubbish a bloke who has given everything for the club and when he leaves will make us a bit of cash rather than a ‘true Wednesdayite’ who played a handful of games, scored one goal, one MOTM performance against Exeter and managed 2 red cards along the way. 

Edited by BIG D
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

Some truth in that but there was story that Hutch and Patto attacked Shaw in the dressing room . He hardly played after that.

His sendings off were destructive but the captain and manager should have been encouraging him and warning him. What happened to Hutch and Patto? They continued to play. Right or wrong in their objections to his views, the manager should have  curbed them swell as Shaw. Shaw was possibly a victim while we played a midfield of Joey, BB, Reach and Windass plus wide man Green occasionally reinforced by wing back Palmer, none of whom could tackle in midfield. Madness.