Shaw & Urhogide

Well, all the best to them. A new experience.

If we had any genuine intention of wanting to keep them, then dialogue should have been opened a lot sooner.

Hopefully a lesson learnt.

I hope for example, that the club is already talking to Iorfa regarding a new deal seeing as his deal runs out in the summer.

Let's hope the club , having had their hands burnt, realise the importance of not sitting on their backsides and hoping for some last minute player loyalty to get things over the line.  

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Well, all the best to them. A new experience.

If we had any genuine intention of wanting to keep them, then dialogue should have been opened a lot sooner.

Hopefully a lesson learnt.

I hope for example, that the club is already talking to Iorfa regarding a new deal seeing as his deal runs out in the summer.

Let's hope the club , having had their hands burnt, realise the importance of not sitting on their backsides and hoping for some last minute player loyalty to get things over the line.  

It needs just this one smart guy who is big enough to tell Chansiri how he wants things. The Moore factor could mean so much regarding Iorfa.

She is playing for Celtic ‘B’ tonight against Annan Athletic in the cup. Not sign of Urhoghide so maybe he has a knock. Do feel bad for Shaw, worry he may have been sold the dream by his agent and that it will quickly be turning into a nightmare. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Miruic said:

She is playing for Celtic ‘B’ tonight against Annan Athletic in the cup. Not sign of Urhoghide so maybe he has a knock. Do feel bad for Shaw, worry he may have been sold the dream by his agent and that it will quickly be turning into a nightmare. 

Steep learning curve is Annan, should be a great test for young Shaw

40 minutes ago, Miruic said:

Let's not forget Pelupessy keep Shaw out of the team last season. I think the reality is, he is just no where near as good as some were making him out to be.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Let's not forget Pelupessy keep Shaw out of the team last season. I think the reality is, he is just no where near as good as some were making him out to be.

He has the ability but is raw and not complete player. Makes sense he is playing in these type of games for his development.

All the best to the both of them, I hope fans won’t act like a jealous ex. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

He has the ability but is raw and not complete player. Makes sense he is playing in these type of games for his development.

I hope they both go on to have successful careers. I am just not sure either will quite live up to the heights some of us had them playing at.

• Like 1

Just now, pazowl55 said:

I hope they both go on to have successful careers. I am just not sure either will quite live up to the heights some of us had them playing at.

Im not even sure either would get in our current match day squad. Maybe Osaze as right back cover.

• Like 1

Shaw could have easily been a squad player for us, so much has changed in such a short space of time, when you have contract extensions of senior players, the feel good factor back in the dressing room it changes the perspective of players massively.

At the time both players did the right thing, thinking of their career and getting as far away as possible from this basket case of a club, and more importantly potentially being paid on time as both I’m sure are a far way off being millionaire footballers.

Fast forward to now and there might be a tinge of regret from both that they didn’t stick around. 

Good luck to them. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

Agreed it's not a good look but equally neither will the inevitable,over the top, reactions be whenever the slightest whiff of a half decent performance gets reported.

They've gone. Good luck to them. We've replaced them, for better or worse.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

No chance of that happening. Football fans are a strange breed when it comes to players leaving. 

Wish people could just see it as two young lads changing career paths. Let them do their thing. If you’re that arsed about them leaving, you should really be pointing the finger at the club for not offering them new deals well in advance.

• Like 1

Guest timrud
19 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

you should really be pointing the finger at the club for not offering them new deals well in advance.

Club knew that regardless of what division we were in, we would be looking to sign better players - which we did. But lets not miss out on an oppertunity to try and knock the club......

Guest Therealrealist
23 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

No chance of that happening. Football fans are a strange breed when it comes to players leaving. 

Wish people could just see it as two young lads changing career paths. Let them do their thing. If you’re that arsed about them leaving, you should really be pointing the finger at the club for not offering them new deals well in advance.

Glad we dint get lumbered with them tbh

6 minutes ago, timrud said:

Club knew that regardless of what division we were in, we would be looking to sign better players - which we did. But lets not miss out on an oppertunity to try and knock the club......

Not the point at all though is it.

The manager of the football club himself said that if he was in charge earlier he would not have let either players run down their contract and leave.

So are you fundamentally disagreeing with Darren Moore here? He wanted to keep them both.