Shaw & Urhogide

21 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Our friends?

A bunch of loyalist bigots are not our friends. The wankfest over thousands of them coming to Hillsborough and singing about being up to their necks in fenian blood is disturbing.

Were you there? They were the most perfect of gentlemen 

3 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

That’ll teach them, they could’ve been playing for Wednesday against Accrington Stanley.

Well they would have been playing v Huddersfield which is 100 percent more than they have done this weekend, so far the would have developed better at Wednesday 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Well they would have been playing v Huddersfield which is 100 percent more than they have done this weekend, so far the would have developed better at Wednesday 

I think there’s also a myth that playing against Wigan Ipswich Oxford Sunderland Portsmouth Rotherham etc is beneath them. 

Even if they’d have stayed, they’d have had to step up. Neither would be a guaranteed starter with our current squad!  

• Like 5

They've gone, move on, thread belongs in non - sheffield-wednesday news. 

Don't get why we're forced to have mistakes and negativity constantly shoved in our faces by having threads like this in matchday? 

Edited by Paul..
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

56 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

I think there’s also a myth that playing against Wigan Ipswich Oxford Sunderland Portsmouth Rotherham etc is beneath them. 

Even if they’d have stayed, they’d have had to step up. Neither would be a guaranteed starter with our current squad!  

Spot on.

Shaw only played 24% of the available minutes for us in the league last season and Urhoghide played 28%. With the return of Iorfa, and having arguably improved our options at both central midfield and right-back during this transfer window, they may well have found themselves as squad players for us once again.

There seems to be an undercurrent of gloating in this thread about the fact they've not yet had any game time, but neither were regulars in our godawful team last season, so quite why they should be expected to step straight into Celtic's first team, I'm not sure. I assume they were signed as promising youngsters who have the potential to develop into decent players in time.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Spot on.

Shaw only played 24% of the available minutes for us in the league last season and Urhoghide played 28%. With the return of Iorfa, and having arguably improved our options at both central midfield and right-back during this transfer window, they may well have found themselves as squad players for us once again.

There seems to be an undercurrent of gloating in this thread about the fact they've not yet had any game time, but neither were regulars in our godawful team last season, so quite why they should be expected to step straight into Celtic's first team, I'm not sure. I assume they were signed as promising youngsters who have the potential to develop into decent players in time.

Exactly. It looks like we've replaced them with better players in the short term. Would still have liked them to stay but it doesn't seem as disastrous as it did a few weeks ago. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Nut said:

Exactly. It looks like we've replaced them with better players in the short term. Would still have liked them to stay but it doesn't seem as disastrous as it did a few weeks ago. 

The primary disastrous aspect of it wasn't what we were losing from the squad in the short-term; it was what we were losing in potential income either now or (more likely) in the future.

Neither Shaw nor Urhoghide are the finished article, but each has undoubted potential. Opening the door for them to walk away from the club for nothing was rank bad management.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

The primary disastrous aspect of it wasn't what we were losing from the squad in the short-term; it was what we were losing in potential income either now or (more likely) in the future.

Neither Shaw nor Urhoghide are the finished article, but each has undoubted potential. Opening the door for them to walk away from the club for nothing was rank bad management.

Exactly my point. 

• Like 1

On 29/07/2021 at 11:39, Therealrealist said:

I think if theyd just said we are moving for more money then fair enough..but the old 'moving gor footballing reasons' was utter bullshizen..playing in our first team is better than sitting on a bench in cl..for  2 games

looking at this the moneys not all that good

https://salarysport.com/football/scottish-premiership/celtic/

Guest timrud
13 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Our friends?

A bunch of loyalist bigots are not our friends. The wankfest over thousands of them coming to Hillsborough and singing about being up to their necks in fenian blood is disturbing.

This has nothing to do with religion or race or anything else, other than the fact they made the best away atmosphere in living memory and they've been through a really rubbish time over the last 10 years. Strong bond with out club and fantastic fans, welcome anytime.

1 minute ago, timrud said:

This has nothing to do with religion or race or anything else, other than the fact they made the best away atmosphere in living memory and they've been through a really rubbish time over the last 10 years. Strong bond with out club and fantastic fans, welcome anytime.

So you will just ignore all the sectarian bile?

And how do they have a strong bond?

Guest Kagoshimaowl
3 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Shaw wouldn’t get a regular start for us never mind Celtic.

Cos he’s crap! Urhoghide on the other hand has potential and I was disappointed to lose him.

15 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Our friends?

And to think some folk think taking the knee is too political for football!!

Guest T Hardy
On 01/08/2021 at 09:50, Paul.. said:

They've gone, move on, thread belongs in non - sheffield-wednesday news. 

Don't get why we're forced to have mistakes and negativity constantly shoved in our faces by having threads like this in matchday? 

I think it’s worth a discussion, when the transfers happened, many fans said they don’t blame them and can understand why they’re going to Celtic to play in front of 60,000 and play Champions League football, yet it’s looking like it could be Celtic Reserves for them.. maybe they’d have been better staying and playing in League One