Don’t wanna be a party pooper..but

Guest Therealrealist

I didn’t expect us to be bothering the top six until around Christmas, as I thought it would take us a while to gel. There will still be the odd hiccup I’m sure, but the team is already starting to pick itself. Up to those on the bench to push for a starting place now.

• Like 3

For the first time in many years, our midfield is probably the best in the entire league. Win the midfield battle and you will more often than not win the game. I'm looking forward to Saturday, sold out away support and we are due a result against these. Would take a point right now but I genuinely feel confident in this group at the minute. To say how established this Fleetwood team are at this level, we absolutely blew them away in the first 30 mins today and that's on our first 3 games of the season. It's a very scary thought how good we could be as the season goes on. I love it.

• Like 1

Just happy to see the Players looking like they want to play.  Bannan was making some beautifully precise long passes...and the intended target, was right there, didn't even have to break stride.   It could easily have been 4 - 0.  21,000+ for a Tuesday fixture in Tier 3 ?  Such attendance,  and noise,  must inspire the Players.

UTO.

I agree that we’ve had good results and not great performances but last night we were missing the likes of Green, Shodipo, Sow, Corbeanu and Kamberi from the starting line up. Imagine if Pompey were top and had that pool of attacking players still to come into the side. 

Last night m we started with 5 midfielders and only one forward/striker on the pitch.  

I think once the above attacking players are fit and up to speed and we have 2-3 of them in the starting line up it should be a game changer for us 

• Like 2

There were several posts yesterday describing the embarrassment of riches at our disposal as “ ridiculous for division one” swiftly followed by posts saying “ I’ll be happy with a point against Rotherham “ !!

Lets hope that this predicted gelling process clicks very soon.

I’d say that the signs are better than good.

Top of the league Pompey have played Fleetwood, Crewe and Shrewsbury who are at the bottom of the table too

Let’s see how we get on once we have more attacking players available to start games

Rotherham away is a big test,  a draw wouldn’t be the worst result.  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Neon Nick said:

Just happy to see the Players looking like they want to play.  Bannan was making some beautifully precise long passes...and the intended target, was right there, didn't even have to break stride.   It could easily have been 4 - 0.  21,000+ for a Tuesday fixture in Tier 3 ?  Such attendance,  and noise,  must inspire the Players.

UTO.

To be fair, their fans put much more of a shift in than we did.

50 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

I’m more bothered about the the state of the catering on the north than how we are playing to be honest…nothing short of a joke behind the counter on them tills!! 

Did you share the clubs appeal for new staff mate?

Thats the best way to help fix it 

Owlstalk Shop

8 hours ago, yeadonowl said:

We’ve also got better in each game

Tonight there were glimpses of some really good football 

Agreed balance on the left not there yet but we have improved game on game. Still got Windass and shodipo to come plus two more wingers. Looks positive 

10 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

i don’t do social media in any form really so id struggle mate. 

Fair 

My point being is the club are extremely short staffed and the staff they do have are mostly brand new

Theyre desperate for new staff and keep appealing to the fanbase for help to recruit 

Owlstalk Shop

8 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

It’s a good start...but so far we have faced 3 out of the bottom 5...tougher tests to come...starting at the chuckledome on satday😬

With all due respect, after three games you can’t be looking at the league table as a guide. I fully expect Charlton to be in or around the play offs come the end of the season. Ipswich have lost two out of three league games so far, but I expect they will be in and around the top challenging.

I feel teams will come to us to get a result and players up their games and look to stifle us - had been evident both last night and against Donny.

It won't be pretty - but we can tear teams apart with slick movement, which has been evident in patches in both games.

Defence and midfield are very solid -  we just need to click on the wings.  

1 minute ago, Doctor Duran said:

I feel teams will come to us to get a result and players up their games and look to stifle us - had been evident both last night and against Donny.

It won't be pretty - but we can tear teams apart with slick movement, which has been evident in patches in both games.

Defence and midfield are very solid -  we just need to click on the wings.  

As long as we stick to our guns - playing from the back and spreading the ball around, stretching the opposition and not getting drawn in by opposition. 

When we start to go long, we more often that not lose possession and hand it back to them. This league is full of big CB's who will mop all this up, and our midfield isn't the largest either with Byers/Adeniran and Bannan. 

Keep it on the ground and teams won't touch us with our range of movement. 

• Like 1