Don’t wanna be a party pooper..but

Guest Therealrealist

11 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

It’s a good start...but so far we have faced 3 out of the bottom 5...tougher tests to come...starting at the chuckledome on satday😬

Definitely not the finished article which you'd expect with so many new players but it augers well for the future when the system and more players bed in. To be honest we've started a bit better than I expected.

Also we have contributed to those 3 teams being in the bottom five by taking points off the 9 available them.

Agreed Rotherham will be a real test. Hope Sam can recover in time.

Of course Saturdays game will be tough. Like us Rotherham only went down on the last day of the season and will be looking to bounce back up. I’m delighted by how we have done so far. We’ve been average with some patches of great football. By now I’d expect us to be poor with some average spells to be honest. What I can see for certain is we have the players to score goals at this level and even when poor last night we still could have had several goals. 

Against Rotherham I’d be happy for us to set up to not concede and try to nick a goal on the break. If we go one down then sure, switch things around and have a real go at them but I’d take 0-0 all day!

Guest Therealrealist
16 minutes ago, Striggy said:

I disagree with the OP, I think you do wanna to be a party pooper!  lol

Just throwin a bit of realism in to the mix..its not full on party poopin 🤪

Guest LondonOwl313
2 hours ago, Pulcinella said:

The flip side is they're at the bottom because they've played us!

They’ve won 0 out of 6 from games not involving us 

5 hours ago, kilbyj said:

We could win the league and some of our fans would moan and say we only beat the teams below us.

Unfortunately that is true. Understandable fans now have to confront we are happy we are doing so well  against small clubs like Fleetwood.

We have been led into dark places by our management and they need a redemption before they can be trusted. Where we are is a disgrace . England lost to India but I am sure they could beat Zimbabwe..

13 hours ago, Jim said:

And should it go wrong during our Annual Outing to see Noddy, Big Ears and chums there will several ‘I Told You So’s’ chomping at the bit to start ‘Moore Out’ Thread’s 😬

Lets hope not, the clean sheets are the cause for optimism not the fact that we are only winning 1-0. You only have win by 1.

I was at a party once and really needed a poop.
I was giving a bit of chat to a girl I’d been after for a while and she’d been drinking so seemed to find me amusing company. But the curry from the evening before started to catch up with me and the old ‘turtles head’ started to make an appearance. So I though sod it. Better to go now than get lucky with the lovely lady and have to poop at an even more delicate moment. Needless to say I nipped to the bog and after pebbledashing the toilet I tried to open the window. But it was painted shut! I though I’d nip out quick and try and distance myself from the crime. But as was entirely predictable there stood the object of my desire stood outside the lav, waiting to go herself. In she went, choked on the smell and threw up. 
So I did the decent thing and left the party. 
No particular moral, but sometimes when you think ‘I don’t want to be a party pooper’, don’t be one!