Don’t wanna be a party pooper..but

Guest Therealrealist

Guest Willow Owl

Still a massive work in progress. There has been improvements attacking wise in each game. We created far more chances tonight than the first 2 put together. 
7 points from 3 games, no goals conceded, I’ll take that. Plus we are only going to get better.  

18 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

It’s a good start...but so far we have faced 3 out of the bottom 5...tougher tests to come...starting at the chuckledome on satday😬

Very early days but please realise that none of those teams would be bottom five if they won against  us. They are where they are mainly because we took points off them. 

• Like 3

It seems we're improving game on game and other teams will drop points. Portsmouth have not played any of the favourites whereas Wigan seemed to have had nothing but difficult games. Surprise package is Burton Albion who have beat the top teams. If we get 6+ points from next 3 games I'd be happy. It seems like League One is going to be a beast of a competition this year, whereas the Championship looks abit easier (not many teams going cray with spending) so it's just our luck that we're not in it. Anyway in Moore we trust (just hoping he doesn't do too well and someone like Palace, etc try to poach him later in the season).  

25 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

It’s a good start...but so far we have faced 3 out of the bottom 5...tougher tests to come...starting at the chuckledome on satday😬

Totally agree with this, when you look at our squad and the players we have to return then you can't help but feel optimistic, let's just hope we can build bcz tonight was a bit unconvincing.

Rotherham away will be quite a yardstick for us.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Daft statement three games in all the teams in the top six will have played teams in the bottom six, ok you said 5 but the point still stands. Just a reminder that Fleetwood despite their poor history finished in 6th last year in this self same league.

Had we been unfortunat enough to be in the bottom 6 we would have been saying 'Yeah but we have played teams in the top six. Can't get my breath ! 

• Like 3

Guest Therealrealist
2 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Daft statement three games in all the teams in the top six will have played teams in the bottom six, ok you said 5 but the point still stands. Just a reminder that Fleetwood despite their poor history finished in 6th last year in this self same league.

Had we been unfortunat enough to be in the bottom 6 we would have been saying 'Yeah but we have played teams in the top six. Can't get my breath ! 

Daft statement

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, Therealrealist said:

Doncaster won’t be bottom 3 at the end and Charlton certainly won’t. I know what you are saying and you and right in a way. We need to keep our feet firmly on the ground.

Guest LondonOwl313

Those other sides haven't started well as they've won 0 out of 6 in games excluding the ones against us, so its not just a case of us taking points off them being the reason. However, its 3 games and most of the time teams finish in a similar position to the prior season and those 3 are all mid table sides on the basis of last season.. its a fair reflection of the standard.

Other than the likes of Sunderland, Ipswich and Portsmouth I don't think we'll be challenged that much... will probably be able to win and draw games playing in second gear as the squad is better than our squad that finished 21st in the Championship last season. 

It's a promising start given the number of new players brought in and I think we'll be more fluid and improve as the season progresses.

League position means nothing at this point in the season. All three of those teams could be in the promotion positions at the end of the season. Just let fans enjoy it pal. It’s been a long time since we have competed. 

• Like 1

You working Saturday. 

Or is it classed as an away game for ya.?

Muggy lad that doesn't go games. I've heard. 

#wawaw.