Straight After Rhodes Took his Penalty .....

Rhodes looked sharp when he came on, way better than that Sean Bean wannabe he replaced. 

As for the pen - it was bound to happen. Worth noting though that in Huddersfield's playoff win against United he took the 6th pen... So it wasn't just us...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hodgyowl said:

Cost's a bomb to play there though.

Just had a look and from £45 each on the Faldo Course Mon to Friday......If you are staying in the hotel the golf cost is the least of your worries!!

Blame the loss, and the Rhodes PK on me, I jinxed it by saying in a previous thread that it'll come down to PK's, Rhodes will refuse, and Huddersfield will lose.  The inverse happened, being a retired Physics guy, I should have known...the inverse is always as true as the obverse. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Neon Nick said:

Blame the loss, and the Rhodes PK on me, I jinxed it by saying in a previous thread that it'll come down to PK's, Rhodes will refuse, and Huddersfield will lose.  The inverse happened, being a retired Physics guy, I should have known...the inverse is always as true as the obverse. 

Are you taking responsibility for last season as well?  If so can we sue you?

• Haha 1

Was celebrating quite a bit after the game as we walked out? Biggest waste of money by us and the one deal that pushed us over the edge especially as he wasn’t needed at the time? Won’t lie was over the moon but we all soon realised he wasn’t the same Rhodes and was running with concrete boots on

I’ll just put this out there...

With Rhodes starting last season:-

P15. W5. D4. L6

Doesn’t sound great does it?

It extrapolates to a 58 point season (53 after the points deduction). A 17th place finish.

Staying in the Championship would have repaid plenty of those millions.

But...

...he’s gone, so I’ll make one really important point which links a few current threads.

Even if you think Rhodes was sheite, a sheite proper CF is better for the team than a pretend CF like Paterson or Windass. It simply did not work. Neither know how to play the role so the entire team looks a rudderless mess. We must get another CF; Kamberi’s history suggests he will miss a lot of games. We need a genuine CF option/competitor for his shirt.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RichSheffWeds said:

Biggest waste of money in the history of the club (and that’s some accolade) who couldnt step up to the plate when it really mattered.

If he had taken that penalty and scored, our history could be sooooooo different. 

Sickening.

If he had taken the penalty and missed? Then what? 

Just asking for a friend? 

9 hours ago, maidstoneowl said:

Do not forget this the Roads was earn 38 thousands  then was not happy... Problem. This was with Forest Fairy you know? Yes I say F.F.   now happy with just more than half that pay ..what this tell you?

That English isn’t your first language 

Edited by Ian
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, A47Owl said:

If he had taken the penalty and missed? Then what? 

Just asking for a friend? 

Think most people would have said someone has to miss one.
Off top of my head it was Hutchinson and FF who missed that night, cant remember anything said against them afterwards.

Thought when Rhodes came on late was half hoping it would go to pens to see if he would take one.
Still think it was a abdication of responsibility he didn't want to take one in that Play Off Semi ironically against Huddersfield.

12 hours ago, RichSheffWeds said:

If he had taken that penalty and scored, our history could be sooooooo different. 

Sickening.

What difference would it have made? Hutch would still have stepped up to take the first one, as he did yesterday, because that's the sort of guy he is. Forestieri would have still taken the last one as he was the first choice pen taker and presumably wanted the potential glory of scoring the winning pen. So if Rhodes had fancied it he'd have taken one of the middle three which were all scored anyway. 

2 hours ago, alanharper said:

What difference would it have made? Hutch would still have stepped up to take the first one, as he did yesterday, because that's the sort of guy he is. Forestieri would have still taken the last one as he was the first choice pen taker and presumably wanted the potential glory of scoring the winning pen. So if Rhodes had fancied it he'd have taken one of the middle three which were all scored anyway. 

As a proven penalty taker and star striker, Rhodes may have took the first one if he’d stepped up. 

Who knows how penalties would have gone after that. The shape of history could have been different. 

Some fans seem very forgiving - it was his time and he 100% let us and the club down.