Summary

It looks promising to me but I though Brown and Kachunga would do OK for us last season! 😂

If we can keep Bannan, get Windass fit and bring in a couple of strikers then I think it will have been a good summer. I just hope us fans, if we start indifferently, give the players and manager some leeway and don’t get on their backs. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, striker said:

We've had a really good window to date, still desperate for a couple of strikers, but all looking a lot more promising.

Wonder what the bookies have to say about us after todays news, have we overtaken Ipswich as the odds on favourites yet?

lol

I'd give it a few months before you can say it's been a really good window and they have played a bit. This time last year a lot said the same with signings like Brown, Dunkley,Marriott,Dele Bashiru,Kachunga. 

• Like 1

There's a real foundation now. Just need a couple in at the business end.

The most important thing for me is that we've slowly reduced the pressure on the kids. They'll still be part of the first team setup and still get minutes across a 46+ game season plus the cups. But the difference now is that there's enough senior players that they won't be chucked in at the deep end or asked to shoulder the clubs entire season regardless of if they're ready or not. For me that's the right way for them to develop, not to be shoved into the first team ahead of time because there's nobody else. Moore now has a bit more depth to play with to treat their development with care, and I trust him to do it. 

Feeling much more confident with the shape and depth of the squad now, but lets try and keep those we've got and bring a couple more forwards in.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, George said:

If I may take my regular role as a negative ninny; too many loans. If it's not going well then loans lose interest. It concerns me.

Those players on loan who lose interest will never make it in the game. Its only a short career which will be a lot shorter if they stop trying.

Signing players who played in the championship last season is a good thing?? 

We had a squad full of players that played in the championship last season. Didn't do us any good did it. 

I want, nay I DEMAND champions league players. 

Dm should be going after Harry Kane , Messi,  Ronaldo etc. 

Lol 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hopefully we will sign at least 3 more. CD to replace Borner, and 2 strikers. I imagine 2 will be loans from Prem Teams (taking us to the max allowed in the starting 11) and another free.

Hopefully we will send some of our U23's out on loan.

1 hour ago, Andrew6666 said:

I don't know why Sunderland are so high - Wyke has gone and he got most of their goals, they haven't replaced him either.

Absolutely. 

They have small and not that good squad, depending on 35 years old veteran and injury prone Pritchard to create their chances and 17 years old loan player to be key figure in their back line. Their top striker is Grigg who aint a bad League One player but got huge chip on his shoulders and did fu*k all since he got there. 

• Like 1

Early days of course. Wing potentially is a game changer as the number 10. We’re not relying on Wildsmith/Dawson anymore which is a positive. Still think we’ll lose one or two before the window shuts. I still think 2 of Bannan /Paterson/Palmer will go.