BREAKING : Barry Bannan - “A lot of people are leaving behind the scenes. It’s not a great place to be at the minute”

Just now, swfc1983 said:

That’s a come and get me out of this place plea if ever I’ve heard one.

Yep,  signed the new contract “I love being here and it’s my home, don’t want to be anywhere else” 

Few weeks later “when I get back on Friday I will see what’s happening (hand in a transfer request)” 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Could be a DC quote. Actually it worked for Brentford. It's really a case of how you reinvest the money.

No that’s not true. Everyone knows just how much Liverpool have struggled since selling Suarez and Coutinho.

• Like 2

It sounds to me like it is toxic, but that won't be a shock to anyone. Players not getting paid, players leaving, accounts not submitted, a bid for one of our better players, rumours of a management shake up, numerous and constant failures throughout the club.

I wouldn't want to work in an environment like that either.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Yep,  signed the new contract “I love being here and it’s my home, don’t want to be anywhere else” 

Few weeks later “when I get back on Friday I will see what’s happening (hand in a transfer request)” 

I wouldn't necessarily be so cynical about it.

It could well be that the club are looking to shift all the higher earners off the wage bill, and Bannan would be among that group.

If him having signed a new deal last season allows us to bring in any kind of fee for him, then all the better.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ChapSmurf said:

It sounds to me like it is toxic, but that won't be a shock to anyone. Players not getting paid, players leaving, accounts not submitted, a bid for one of our better players, rumours of a management shake up, numerous and constant failures throughout the club.

I wouldn't want to work in an environment like that either.

He'll just have to make do on his 27k a week and lots of fan adulation, I suppose.

TBH it sounds like he'd go if an offer came in and that would be good for both parties in the current economic climate.

1 minute ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Seriously every f#####g week there is some cr@p coming out regarding this club and its never anything positive. 

I absolutely despise Chansiri and what he has done to our once proud club. 

And I really fear that right now is the best we're going to get

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Seriously every f#####g week there is some cr@p coming out regarding this club and its never anything positive. 

It's not just that.  Every Shaw, Bannan, Windass, Borner et al that leaves, they must be replaced in order to field a team next season.  Which means we go through our disastrous recruitment process even more, with less money than ever before, when we can't guarantee to potential signings that we'll be able to pay them if they do sign for us.

Only Wednesday could have hoped for a foreign billionaire businessman, and ended up with Dejphon Chansiri.  He is killing our club.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

He'll just have to make do on his 27k a week and lots of fan adulation, I suppose.

TBH it sounds like he'd go if an offer came in and that would be good for both parties in the current economic climate.

Handsomely paid of course, if the rumours are true. However, I am sure he could get the same, or similar elsewhere.

I think if we could get a fee and get rid of whatever he is being paid, it would be mutually beneficial. It would be a shame from a footballing angle as I reckon he could rip L1 a new one, but beggars can't be choosers.

37 minutes ago, 0742 said:

Nailed on he's off by the sounds of that. 

Club captain publicly stating the club's a mess and it's not a good place to be, I can't see chansiri being too happy with his pet boy.

As if Chansiri will notice.

He won't have given a single thought to SWFC for months by this point.

10 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Truly my first instinct is to try and find the positive out of this mess but listening to that can only feel very worried about what is coming next 😥

More problems with accounts also as looks like Sheffield 3 accounts are late.  

I think he genuinely believed we were going to stay up.

What a mad situation we are in. I like Bannan but for me he has to leave for us to balance (or at least attempt to) the books accordingly.

It's going to take 5+ seasons for us to rebuild and get back into the Championship. This season coming already feels like a write off. No new signings, wages not paid, uncertainty throughout. Damage limitation i expect and trying not the slip out the other side like Bolton did.

Desperate times ahead.

• Like 1

Lots of people saying nobody will match his wage. They can offer him am iceland voucher and a cheese slice. It's still more than what hew getting here at the moment. 

I do think bannan will give it more time and await for a bid and get us a fee rather than just leave but he will only wait so long. 

• Like 3

This bloke obviously loves and cares about the club - and I think Chansiri has repaid him with big, big money and contracts. 

This is the first time I've seen him drop his guard and publicly mention about the club, which must mean something really sinister is going on and that he's probably going to leave 

What a shame to end his Wednesday career - top bloke, top player

• Like 2

Guest Mcguigan

To keep my blood pressure regulated, I read as….

” I spoke to the gaffer, he’s feeling great now by the way, and his coaching staff, they’re extremely positive about our recruitment targets. He strongly believes, with the current core of players and some additions that know this league inside and out as he does, we’ll be pushing for automatic places this season.

I can’t wait for pre season and get back with group again. Promotional this season for me is a must and I’m positive we can achieve it.”