BREAKING : Barry Bannan - “A lot of people are leaving behind the scenes. It’s not a great place to be at the minute”

Guest Smackavolley
33 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Depends how many brain cells they have. If it’s more than 1 then yes they will be off.

It's not that straightforward. Hagan has had a tough time with injuries. If he's turned down a contract it's unlikely another professional club will come in for him. There would be definite interest but compensation will be due to the club because we have made a contract offer. That offer can be derisory and I bet it is. In fact when all the contracts to our young players are confirmed, I bet every deal is the the bare minimum.

So back to brain cells. The agents of these players are not daft. Their clients have a great opportunity to gain some exposure on the field this season. They'll let things ride. If any young players do well, I'd wager none of them will stay at this club medium to long term. 

17 minutes ago, Manwë said:

What have the club done to show that they are trying to rebuild?  

I've seen nothing at all.

Just because there’s been nothing in the star for the likes of us, doesn’t mean they won’t be looking to recruit a team for next season. Whether they are any good or not is a different matter but it doesn’t help with comments like that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ever the pessimist said:

He was drinking with Rooney in Portugal the other week, so I have put 2 and 2 together. Probably making 5, but thought I'd stick my neck out.

Would seem like a bit out of the frying pan into the fire to me.

Derby look more likely to end up following us than improving dramatically. 

1 minute ago, Ever the pessimist said:

He was drinking with Rooney in Portugal the other week, so I have put 2 and 2 together. Probably making 5, but thought I'd stick my neck out.

Interesting.

The difficulty with it is it's a bit of out of the frying pan....

But you've been right before.

• Thanks 1

The most obvious player to sell for lots of reasons is Barry Bannan.  Hopefully we get a fee, rather than him walking out for free due to unpaid wages.

If we can sell Windass, Bannan, Iorfa and assume Paterson leaves due to notice period, we will be moving towards a wage bill that our turnover (in normal times) might be able to support.

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

Just because there’s been nothing in the star for the likes of us, doesn’t mean they won’t be looking to recruit a team for next season. Whether they are any good or not is a different matter but it doesn’t help with comments like that.

It's not Bannan's comments that are the problem.

It's the fact the club is run so badly that even our captain who has previously tried to be positive has now felt the need to speak out.

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Would seem like a bit out of the frying pan into the fire to me.

Derby look more likely to end up following us than improving dramatically. 

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

Interesting.

The difficulty with it is it's a bit of out of the frying pan....

But you've been right before.

We are like two peas in a pod!

💗

Fair play to him, we hear absolutely nothing but pure guess work as to what is happening normally. 

But yeah, first time I've seen him anything other than upbeat - not being paid and the prospect of playing in an even worse League one team wouldn't particularly have me singing praises about an employer. 

Edited by Chriss

6 minutes ago, Smackavolley said:

It's not that straightforward. Hagan has had a tough time with injuries. If he's turned down a contract it's unlikely another professional club will come in for him. There would be definite interest but compensation will be due to the club because we have made a contract offer. That offer can be derisory and I bet it is. In fact when all the contracts to our young players are confirmed, I bet every deal is the the bare minimum.

So back to brain cells. The agents of these players are not daft. Their clients have a great opportunity to gain some exposure on the field this season. They'll let things ride. If any young players do well, I'd wager none of them will stay at this club medium to long term. 

That's it and what I spoke against numerous times.

Our youngsters accept derisory short therm contracts in hope they will get some game time and exposure. As soon as they get that they can't wait to leave and who can blame them.

Since Canshiri took over we've been awful to our young players and we don't deserve any loyalty from them in return.

• Like 1

The worrying thing is theirs not a rumour in sight about what is happening at our club. Their is always 1 person who gets some inside information even if it is bullsh1t  or legit....

Nobody hasn't got any idea. The silence Is deafening...

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Just imagine how crap our team will look if Bannan and Windass do leave. Bannan has always seemed to stick up for the club but that seems to have changed now. Says a hell of a lot about just how bad things are imo. 

Absolutely! Baz is a loyal guy who loves the club and I’ve no problem with his interview whatsoever.

Things have got bad and that interview was certainly a “come and get me” plea to other clubs in my opinion. If things were stable, I’m sure he would’ve stayed next season but I think he wants out now and I’m sure he will want a local club given he’s just had a baby and he’s settled in the area. 

15 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

What many of us have wanted is a bit of honesty.

Bannan has said how he feels, nobody can blame him surely.

Still not sure why he signed a new deal though, had he not done he could be picking his club right now and negotiating a tidy signing-on fee with no transfer fee to pay. Now he will have to sit tight as the club put a value on him that no other club will pay as they all no we are skint and will just hard ball us down until the last day of the transfer window. 

Maybe there weren’t any other competitive deals on the table. 

Just now, Adamjack said:

The worrying thing is theirs not a rumour in sight about what is happening at our club. Their is always 1 person who gets some inside information even if it is bullsh1t  or legit....

Nobody hasn't got any idea. The silence Is deafening...

Has anyone at the club even  managed to track Chansiri down yet? Has he turned his phone back on?

No rumours, because nobody (not even at the club) knows what's happening, I presume. 

• Like 1

This is not a good sign at all.

Bannan has been so loyal and never really spoken out about anything.

The fact that he is now doing so suggests things are really, really bad.

Imagine he'll be allowed to leave on a free to clear his wages. A player who should be worth a decent amount but I suspect we are desperate to get rid of Championship earners.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

It's not Bannan's comments that are the problem.

It's the fact the club is run so badly that even our captain who has previously tried to be positive has now felt the need to speak out.

Of course Bannan is not THE problem. 

Nor is it necessary or helpful for the dirty washing to be continually aired via the star. Especially via club captain.

• Haha 1