BREAKING : Barry Bannan - “A lot of people are leaving behind the scenes. It’s not a great place to be at the minute”

fizz me. Another great start to the week. The walls are caving in around us and our glorious leader is nowhere to be seen. The worst thing about this is the fact as fans we only hear snippets of information and never anything concrete.

• Like 3

Just now, wmb said:

fizz me. Another great start to the week. The walls are caving in around us and our glorious leader is nowhere to be seen. The worst thing about this is the fact as fans we only hear snippets of information and never anything concrete.

To be fair when your club captain is commenting like that on TV you know it's bad

• Like 3

He clearly has no intention of staying

Reading between the lines you would assume the extended deal included a small release fee so we didn’t lose him for free upon relegation 

We get a small level of income, he gets a move back into the championship or Scotland

52 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Chaos reigns, as per usual under Chansiri.

At least we will probably get some money under him. Giving bannan and extension was the only good thing the chairman did last season, knowing he was probably our most valuable asset so can at least get some money for him

Just now, Sefton owl said:

At least we will probably get some money under him. Giving bannan and extension was the only good thing the chairman did last season, knowing he was probably our most valuable asset so can at least get some money for him

Who is negotiating the selling fee?  Who is handling that?  The new COO?  Chansiri himself?  Won't be Moore.

1 minute ago, wmb said:

For what it's worth anyone criticising Bannan for wanting out is part of the problem in my opinion. There's one man to blame here.

The vast majority are way past that point I think.

You might hear it from a few on Facebook tho..

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Hopefully, yes.

I've still got a nagging doubt that Chansiri will do a, well, Chansiri and refuse to sell for anything less than an astronomical fee, thus locking us into two more years of paying wages we can't really afford.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, adelphi1867 said:

I think that was always the plan.

He agreed a new contract to make sure the club got a fee for him.

He's on a 2 year deal so owt between £2-5m.

I really can't see anyone paying anything close to £5m for Bannan in the current climate.

If he's on anything like what's been reported, clubs will know that we can't afford to keep him and will lowball us in the knowledge that we simply have to shift him.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

I think that was always the plan.

He agreed a new contract to make sure the club got a fee for him.

He's on a 2 year deal so owt between £2-5m.

Have to say I’ve always felt this, that it was a gesture of goodwill essentially. @Therealrealist always adamant he’s staying though.

Edited by Morepork

Guest Therealrealist
1 minute ago, Morepork said:

Have to say I’ve always felt this, that it was a gesture of goodwill essentially. @Therealrealist always adamant he’s stYing though.

Lets wait and see ...