Euro 2021

Southgate is too conservative. He’s more interested in nullifying the opposition than trying to win. If he is to stay then he needs to use our team in the right way. People might have correctly been hailed him as a master tactician in the previous games but he’s a fvvcking overcautious dullard in this one. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, mildatheart67 said:

On any reading ,Italy deserved the win.

Least we have a team now who we can realistically compete at the top

Absolutely, Especially what that Nation has to go through in the last 18 months with Covid 19. 

• Like 2

We got too much wrong in this game, after such a great start. Rashford shouldn’t be doing the silly stop-start penalty thing, and he and Sancho had barely been on the pitch. If you’re going to bring players on with penalties in mind you need to get them in the game first. Saka had a shocking game, but I don’t blame him for his penalty miss.

1 minute ago, shandypants said:

Southgate is too conservative. He’s more interested in nullifying the opposition than trying to win. If he is to stay then he needs to use our team in the right way. People might have correctly been hailed him as a master tactician in the previous games but he’s a fvvcking overcautious dullard in this one. 

I think it’s important to remember the previous games. He’s proved he’s capable as an international manager.

The question is, who do we get if we ditch Southgate? I agree, I think we’re now set up wrong for the players we have. 

1 minute ago, Vaughan said:

That’s at Southgates door.  Fooooking stupid substitutions. 

1 minute ago, Vaughan said:

That’s at Southgates door.  Fooooking stupid substitutions. 

Fucking awful starting team

So keen to stop them playing we couldn't play ourselves

F*ck this "brave new England" shit

Seen it so many times

Ans the ending is always the same

Massive disappointment. If Rashford's goes in I think the pressure comes off Sancho and he scores too. Pickford made one of the great penalty saves there from Jorginho. 

Southgate probably got it wrong tonight and they deserved the win. Apart from the first 15 minutes and then about 10 minutes in the second period of extra time Italy dominated the ball.

No blame on any penalty taker. Just unlucky.

1 minute ago, punkskaphil said:

We got too much wrong in this game, after such a great start. Rashford shouldn’t be doing the silly stop-start penalty thing, and he and Sancho had barely been on the pitch. If you’re going to bring players on with penalties in mind you need to get them in the game first. Saka had a shocking game, but I don’t blame him for his penalty miss.

Stop start penalties. 

Looks good when it comes off. In a big game like this there is no room for it. 

Sancho had a game, Rashford has hardly played and we stick them on to take penalties. Both miss, both stutter start. 

Really poor penalties from these two "elite" players. Yet Saka is going to be the villain. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BIG D said:

We had so much joy down the right in the first 15 mins then stopped doing it. Needed the second. 

All the joy was from the full backs. Shaw and Trippier. They’re totally nullified when we refuse to try and get out of our own half and turn into a back 5. That’s when we lost our edge. Negative.

We had to sit back for a large part of the game. We were playing a team technically better than us, more comfortable on the ball than us. We can’t go at them for sustained periods of time. He got the subs wrong and should have brought them on earlier, maybe then could they have influenced things. 

Not sure why people are picking out Rashford for the stutter run up? He's been doing that for years and I don't remember him missing one. He's normally a fantastic penalty taker. He just pulled slightly. People miss penalties.

This game was lost by not taking to them in the second half.

• Like 1