Euro 2021

4 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

Not sure why people are picking out Rashford for the stutter run up? He's been doing that for years and I don't remember him missing one. He's normally a fantastic penalty taker. He just pulled slightly. People miss penalties.

This game was lost by not taking to them in the second half.

Exactly 

we didn’t engage fully, for 45 minutes of the final.

Southgate gambled to nullify then have the quality from the bench. Got the dream start. 

Which actually is what ruined us imo, made us proper go into ultra defensive mode. Subs were poor and mancini won't he tactical battle after minute 10.

Aouthgate has bought himself some credit, but I stand by what I have said in this and other threads, we are much better when we play on the front foot and I thought the penny had dropped with him, then tonight is back to form. Didn't deserve to win, but so English to pull you back in, start to hope then deliver that 

1 minute ago, fudge27 said:

Southgate gambled to nullify then have the quality from the bench. Got the dream start. 

Which actually is what ruined us imo, made us proper go into ultra defensive mode. Subs were poor and mancini won't he tactical battle after minute 10.

Aouthgate has bought himself some credit, but I stand by what I have said in this and other threads, we are much better when we play on the front foot and I thought the penny had dropped with him, then tonight is back to form. Didn't deserve to win, but so English to pull you back in, start to hope then deliver that 

Yeah

going 1-0 up so early ruined our game plan

but that can happen…

Italy were decent 

well done Italy 

7 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

Not sure why people are picking out Rashford for the stutter run up? He's been doing that for years and I don't remember him missing one. He's normally a fantastic penalty taker. He just pulled slightly. People miss penalties.

Agreed, at least he looked like he had a clue. 

Sancho and saka were poor pens. And saka was shocking when he came on. 

Doesn't hurt as much as I thought, cos we simply did not deserve to win that game 

7 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

Fair enough. I haven’t paid a lot of attention to his penalties in the past. It does look ridiculous when you don’t score though, and arrogant.

Scored too early and then ran out of ideas after 20 minutes. For some reason Southgate really doesn’t fancy Grealish when he’s exactly what we needed in that second half. I would’ve like to have seen Sancho on for Mount aswell, who was anonymous all tournament. 

Left it far too late to put Rashford and Sancho on, they needed some time before pens. 

Tonight for me was made for sancho. Saka has been a good discovery at this level this tournament, but Sancho was criminally underused through out imo. 

It's all well and good having great attacking options, but if Kane and sterling are almost undroppable then there's not much room for the rest

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

Jordan Pickford immense in the shootout. Poor from the 2 brought on and saka, but luck of the draw in such situations 

I can't imagine playing in the same team as him without lamping him.

He looks really annoying to play with.

it's Croatia all over again, 1 nil up and go to poo. Why do the management feel we are incapable of winning 2, 3 nil? We were battering them down the right, Kane was getting the better of Chilleni, why why why why why why why shut up shop. We are not a 3rd right European minnow trying to avoid a 5-0 thrashing. 

• Like 1

I'm proud of the players for getting so far, but what is so annoying is we just didn't give it a go.

1-0 up and dominating, then we just stop playing. Kane just didn't do anything, didn't press didn't commit, so they had so much possession.

I'm absolutely livid that Southgate put the pressure of a 5th penalty, in a final, to a 19 year old who was poor when he came on. He should not have been put in that position.

I'm sure I'll look back with fondness, but I'm so bitter at getting so close to just go totally England and play negative, sit back football.

Oh well, Shaw was unreal and Pickford was great, can't fault any of the players really, gave everything, although I'm probably being harsh with Kane but he just trotted around the centre circle for 120 mins for me.

Edited by CalmJimmers

16 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

Agreed, at least he looked like he had a clue. 

Sancho and saka were poor pens. And saka was shocking when he came on. 

Doesn't hurt as much as I thought, cos we simply did not deserve to win that game 

Before he took the pen Saka had the look of a young lad who'd seen a naked woman for the first time and wasn't sure what to do next.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3