BREAKING - CHANSIRI STATEMENT

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

As your owner and chairman, I take full responsibility for everything that happens at our club. I am the leader and in good times or bad, the responsibility for Sheffield Wednesday lies with me. I am sorry to you all that we have been relegated.

This was never what I anticipated when I came to Hillsborough in 2015, my vision was to take Wednesday into the Premier League. We came so close in 2016 and then again in 2017 and since then the times have not been so good at all.

In football, in sport, there are highs and there are lows and right now, this is the lowest I have felt and I know you will be feeling the same. There are no guarantees in football, we have tried our best but our best was not good enough. We must now face the reality of what lies ahead and for next season at least, that is League One.

We must pick ourselves up from the floor and move forward in a positive way. We have had plans for both scenarios and now our immediate future is clear, we can start to put those plans into place.

I can pledge that as chairman, I will give everything I can and offer as much support as possible to everyone as we try and achieve promotion at the first attempt. There are issues we must address in the short and long term and some things will not happen overnight.

Darren Moore will be the manager for sure and the moment I mention Darren’s name, I must wish him all the very best as he continues his recovery from illness. Health must come before anything else, as this past year has taught us more than ever.

I would like to say thank you to the coaching staff who stepped up in Darren’s absence and also to everyone who has worked so hard during what has become one of if not the most challenging season in the history of Sheffield Wednesday.

It has ended in the worst possible way but we have to look for the light at the end of the tunnel. We will rebuild on the pitch, and off it, the day when fans return cannot come soon enough. I say thank you to our fans, it has been soulless without having you following the team home and away and I know all clubs say the same but we have missed your support so much.

Like all of you, I hope that life can return to normal soon and in football, that will mean having our fans back into Hillsborough and following the team around the country in the numbers that you do.

You do not deserve this end to a season that in so many ways we will want to forget but in others we can look back on in time as a turning point for the revival of our club.

Lying pice of poop. After watching my club since Quixall days I'm totally disgusted by the way Chansiri has been operating. Trying to cheat on the ffp has rebounded on we the fans. He should sell the club, but who would buy us after relegation? I don't offer any solutions apart from getting out of our club. Sorry, I'm just getting stuff off my chest. Feeling sad.

• Like 1

Your apology for an apology is accepted.  Please leave the club, to the fans, then we'll forget all about you.  You know it's the right thing to do before you unwisely spend more of your family's money on some passing hobby you seem to know so little about. 

You'll lose less.

• Like 1

Nothing surprising in what he has said. I can't see anyone realistically buying us now so I think we're with him for a while longer. As much as there is hatred towards him, he's still given us the best football we've seen at Hillsborough since about 1997. He tried, but sadly failed and this relegation is on him and his bumchums. 

Let's be honest though, a successful promotion campaign (although I don't think it will be) next season would instantly win back a lot of good feeling from the fans. I really hope he can use this setback to rebuild us as a club. A lot of teams have gone to L1 over recent years and come back far stronger. Let's pray and hope we can be one of them too. 

Edited by Orlando_Trustful
  • Like 3

"Soulless without fans"

Get used to it in league one with your ridiculous prices DC.

I don't buy it....If he's serious , the first thing he should do is get the fans he has alienated back, because its "Soulless" without fans...Get someone in who KNOWS football..not f.ookin' FIFA 21 or whateverthef.ook...apologise for referring to fans as "Customers" cos after all...its "Soulless" without fans, but simply a retail outlet with customers.

The contradictory "Get promoted straight away"..followed by "It won't happen overnight"...is a bit of a mixed message that simply underlines the woolly minded thinking that has taken this club to the brink.

We need to build a proper team, because League 1 is not the place for the Adam Reaches of this world, Borner will seemingly struggle at any level , I doubt Bannan will stay, and I honestly can't think of many youngsters that are ready to come through.

Do we start under a transfer embargo again?...No comment on that, fans should be told

Nah...Its misty crap full of hopes and not substance...I would like to believe him, but honestly?

I don't think him capable

• Like 3

I’ve slept on it. 

It’s still an absolutely pointless statement. 

Some people are forgetting what he actually thinks about the supporters/fans/customers. He literally doesn’t care about any one of us. 

Calling it soulless without us? 

Anyone remember when he was asked if people could have a refund on their season ticket (Jos era I think) - and he replied that you could, but wouldn’t be welcome buying a ticket again or something. 

The club is soulless. Thanks to him. 

I feel like he’d never seen a football match before he bought us - yet explains to us what football and sport is about... we know!  We watch Wednesday. 

It’s not on the pitch that bothers me. It’s who owns the ground, how much debt are we actually in, and to who?  I wonder if we are paying debts with new debt 

Statement starts with trying to get us to the Prem, ends with a ‘revival’  -  praying on fans that love to look on the brightside while it’s going boobies up. 

He’s literally strangling us by being inept. 

I’m not going again until he’s gone or gets some sense. (Maybe once to take my child for the first time). 

• Like 3

I still think DC's intentions are good, his decision making is bad.

Encouraging to hear Moore is to remain and recruitment should be better than the largely pathetic loan additions we brought in last summer.

The real question is whether DC has really taken on board the very valid comments made in the Supporters' Trust statement.

• Like 1

Guest Hornsby
11 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

How’s your Thai ?

Point is, club is run by his kid.

7 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

I know I am living in a dream world but it would be nice to hear what the plan is and how he addresses the short and long term problems.

It would, what Chansiri doesn't understand is all we as fans want is something to get behind. 

For example, If he came out and confirmed Moore in charge of recruitment, a budget set and we are now serious about the apparent desire for a younger dynamic team...I'd be right behind that. 

We, fans want to support the club, but we need to know what we are supporting. We want to feel part of it and not alienated.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

I still think DC's intentions are good,

Do you know the heads of any company that come out and criticise their ‘customers’ ? 

Long standing, regular customers ? 

That’d be suicidal wouldn’t it, or at least daft  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, timrud said:

Well written statement

There are plans for both scenarios

Moore to be kept on

Admitting there are issues to be corrected and we need to use this as a turning point.

Absolutely. He owns the club and if he has plans to turn it round then that’s as much as we can hope for.

Time will tell of course, but his letter is open and honest enough. In fairness, he has admitted to making errors and we should, ( and allowing for the fact there are NO alternatives) give him the support to redress the club’s many problems and get us back to the Championship in the first instance.

He is Sheffield Wednesday, unless you have £165M to persuade him to sell. Yeah yeah I know the club belongs to the fans etc etc but the bricks and mortar are his and his alone.  If we are not to languish in tier three or worse, we have to accept that with our support, and some excellent professional guidance, he can rebuild and be successful.

We all have our opinions of course, but he has stood up and taken responsibility ( quite rightly so). Maybe we should let the man get on with the job and support him in the process?

• Haha 1

Guest Hornsby

Wanting £160 confirms kid is staying in charge.

This year will be a sea of stability compared to next seasons stormy ocean.

Daz gone by BST if not top o league then.

With no dosh, no players, an embargo and home at Keepmoat.