BREAKING - CHANSIRI STATEMENT

33 minutes ago, SDS Owl said:

As I said earlier mate, I should have said forced change not forced out. 

Liverpool fans were not happy with ticket prices (sound familiar?) and furlough so did something about it and on both occasions got the club to change and apologise. 

Fair point mate. They do like a moan on Merseyside. If anything is to change at S6!maybe organises protests are the next step

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Can I just remind everyone that we are ALL Wednesday fans here and that people have and ARE ENTITLED to having their own opinions

There should be no falling out or namecalling just because you disagree with someone

Just grab a coffee, smile, chill out and debate your points without having a pop at people

Bien sûr, pas de problème

• Like 1

1 hour ago, striker said:

It would, what Chansiri doesn't understand is all we as fans want is something to get behind. 

For example, If he came out and confirmed Moore in charge of recruitment, a budget set and we are now serious about the apparent desire for a younger dynamic team...I'd be right behind that. 

We, fans want to support the club, but we need to know what we are supporting. We want to feel part of it and not alienated.

Agreed. 

The fans don’t want to know everything that goes on. All we care about is what the targets, the structure (transfers, boardroom etc) and responsibilities will be at the club moving forward.

Would be a breath of fresh air for the club.  

• Like 1

The international travel ban should end over the next few weeks, so he should be looking to spend some time in the UK. Certainly June-August for the start of the new season.

I hope he's had some time to reflect and think about how he wants to salvage this sorry mess.

• He needs to publicly support Moore and confirm that he's here for the season at least.
  • He needs to outline the recruitment strategy, and hopefully we sort out BB and Windass' situations quickly.
  • He needs to establish a foundation for fan engagement. He will have seen the 'big 6' fans outrage and demos and this should remind him not to take the our fans for granted.
  • He needs to acknowledge and structure the tickets prices are too high and need adjusting for the league we are in.
  • He needs to employ a Hillsborough-based executive management team to lift the cloud from the club - we need PR/marketing/merchandising improvements.

22 minutes ago, Rodger said:

Simply because he now has to. 

His investment will be completely worthless if he doesn't. 

It hasn't worked but there's plenty of work ahead. 

We're not the first club to drop into the 3rd tier and if he wants us out of it, he needs to take his head out of his arse, show some humility, and steer the ship in a completely different direction. 

I believe he will. 

From this reply, I’ve learned a lot about you.

Bless.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The statement from Chansari and from the trust for that matter were predictable holding statements.

There's nothing actually wrong with that what more can be said?

The question is what changes need to be put in place from now.

Imo It is perfectly clear that we need professional football people in , DC's sole role should be to provide the investment needed.

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Have a read of this mate - 

Read it yesterday. Of course it’s worrying. Theses no smoke without fire but a story full of an “ex player said” cleverly timed for maximum impact the same day as relegation isn’t gospel. Look, we all know the club is a complete and utter mess. We all know DC is responsible and not accountable but I’d go on a rule of thumb, believe 10% of what you read. BTW that 10% is enough to get me reaching for the drinks cabinet. 

32 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yes

Like the last 5 years
He didn't change

He's had 5 years to change, adapt, improve, embrace, develop, succeed

Yes, It's a damming report but surely we should be encouraging teenagers?    ffs

Guest wilyfox
11 minutes ago, Animis said:

The international travel ban should end over the next few weeks, so he should be looking to spend some time in the UK. Certainly June-August for the start of the new season.

I hope he's had some time to reflect and think about how he wants to salvage this sorry mess.

• He needs to publicly support Moore and confirm that he's here for the season at least.
  • He needs to outline the recruitment strategy, and hopefully we sort out BB and Windass' situations quickly.
  • He needs to establish a foundation for fan engagement. He will have seen the 'big 6' fans outrage and demos and this should remind him not to take the our fans for granted.
  • He needs to acknowledge and structure the tickets prices are too high and need adjusting for the league we are in.
  • He needs to employ a Hillsborough-based executive management team to lift the cloud from the club - we need PR/marketing/merchandising improvements.

First thing he must do is whatever it takes to get the embargo lifted this month. We need to start signing players in June.

Secondly, the wage issue that has sabotaged this season needs resolving or it’ll kill next campaign too.

11 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Read it yesterday. Of course it’s worrying. Theses no smoke without fire but a story full of an “ex player said” cleverly timed for maximum impact the same day as relegation isn’t gospel.  

Why would they lie if there's nothing wrong at the club?

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

First thing he must do is whatever it takes to get the embargo lifted this month. We need to start signing players in June.

Secondly, the wage issue that has sabotaged this season needs resolving or it’ll kill next campaign too.

Hopefully, with Rhodes; Westwood, Reach et al leaving, we should be able to at least function under P&S. I imagine he's considering cashing in on BB and possibly Windass, although not sure what his salary is, but probably an average championship one at least. 

The wage issue must be a cash flow one, which again should be resolved by forward accounting. The issue he may have is ST revenue. He's relied on a strategy of pricing out POTD punters to fix ST numbers and guaranteed up-front cash. Unless he drops the prices significantly, I can see 5k less ST holders this coming season; maybe more.

He's then going have to rely on POTD to generate cash flow.

It's how far he can go into the close season before he realizes his previously stubborn position won't work in L1.

• Like 1

The one tangible thing that gives me hope is that Moore chose to come here. I don't have a view on his time with us so far, but the guy is clearly not an idiot, and if it were me I would have thought long and hard about leaving Doncaster for us at the moment.

Moore took the job knowing it was likely we would go down, and indeed even possible (though unlikely) that Doncaster would pass us.

That makes me guess that there would have been conversations about the running of the club which made Moore think that there is a positive way forward next season.

That guess may be wrong (maybe we were simply offering good short term money?). Or it may be that the guess is right, but Chansiri has said things to Moore which will now fall apart. There is obviously a serious likelihood of that.

All the same: it's a glimmer.

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox
10 minutes ago, Animis said:

Hopefully, with Rhodes; Westwood, Reach et al leaving, we should be able to at least function under P&S. I imagine he's considering cashing in on BB and possibly Windass, although not sure what his salary is, but probably an average championship one at least. 

The wage issue must be a cash flow one, which again should be resolved by forward accounting. The issue he may have is ST revenue. He's relied on a strategy of pricing out POTD punters to fix ST numbers and guaranteed up-front cash. Unless he drops the prices significantly, I can see 5k less ST holders this coming season; maybe more.

He's then going have to rely on POTD to generate cash flow.

It's how far he can go into the close season before he realizes his previously stubborn position won't work in L1.

Whatever it takes. We can’t recruit freely under embargo, and players won’t want in if they won’t be paid properly.

1 hour ago, Rodger said:

Simply because he now has to. 

His investment will be completely worthless if he doesn't. 

It hasn't worked but there's plenty of work ahead. 

We're not the first club to drop into the 3rd tier and if he wants us out of it, he needs to take his head out of his arse, show some humility, and steer the ship in a completely different direction. 

I believe he will. 

Believe lol

32 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Why would they lie?

Why would a newspaper lie, embellish or fabricate? To sell copy maybe? 
One of my mates is the club captain of a local (ish) professional team. The local rag reported that he’d been in a training ground bust-up. At the time he was alleged to have been “brawling” he was laid up in Dr Steadmans surgery in Dallas. Not everything you read is true. Why not, you’d have to ask the reporter. 

• Like 1

One thing that always bothers me is when people say 'his intentions are good' this is absolute rounduns.  It's like saying your partner bet the house on a horse race and lost but their intentions were good, because they wanted you to be rich.

Somebody with good intentions would be interested in securing the football clubs future, getting local sponsorship, expanding the fan base, balancing the books and looking for the right opportunities to progress.  Chansiri has done absolutely nothing, all he cares about is being the leader and gambling away our future.

• Like 2

Just now, Tyto Alba said:

One thing that always bothers me is when people say 'his intentions are good' this is absolute rounduns.  It's like saying your partner bet the house on a horse race and lost but their intentions were good, because they wanted you to be rich.

Somebody with good intentions would be interested in securing the football clubs future, getting local sponsorship, expanding the fan base, balancing the books and looking for the right opportunities to progress.  Chansiri has done absolutely nothing, all he cares about is being the leader and gambling away our future.

Yep - it's time for all that to stop

Owlstalk Shop