BREAKING - CHANSIRI STATEMENT

It's a decent statement by his standards, and at least admits mistakes and failure on his end.

I'm fed up of just hearing people moaning about him on here though. If we want change we have to make it happen and protest- look at what MU and Arsenal etc have done. Chansiri doesn't read here and think oh I better sell up, the message needs to be made clear if we want a change to happen.

Not easily doable right now though so I guess may as well see first what he plans to do, and at least maybe he can begin to save face.

• Like 1

Just now, swfc-dan said:

It's a decent statement by his standards, and at least admits mistakes and failure on his end.

I'm fed up of just hearing people moaning about him on here though. If we want change we have to make it happen and protest- look at what MU and Arsenal etc have done. Chansiri doesn't read here and think oh I better sell up, the message needs to be made clear if we want a change to happen. 

What do you suggest we do?

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Monk

Would not be surprised  one bit if Monk or any recent manager we have had have had nothing to do with signings and had these players hoisted on him by David Downey and Dean Hughes at Chansiri's insistence.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

indubitably

nice to crack the spine on the thesaurus tho innit lol

Is that a scene in Jurassic Park 5 - “The Pen Is Mightier Than The Dinosaur “ - starring Tony Pullis, Ian Holloway, & (criminally neglected) Ginger Megson (dons tin hat & stands well back)

• Haha 1

Guest Hornsby
34 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

240E1944-C3DE-451E-B73A-CA0926181E68.png

Add it up, fee, wages, Nat insurance plus pension contributions.

6 hours ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

He lets his teenage kid help out running the club ffs when he should be doing his homework.

I've heard DC has been approached by a buyer with more experience

image.png.b27f3e6658b2d1363eb74b72c3ba6619.png

• Haha 2

Guest Hornsby
4 hours ago, Wakefield owl said:

If we go back to the selling of the ground this was done primarily for two reasons:

1 Avoid breaching FFP limits and therefore a points deduction

2 Improve our FFP three year average figures so that we could spend on players wages and transfers and remain competitive in the Championship.

Then what has happened is that our administrative failings resulted in us not avoiding a points deduction and our Chairman decided not to spend money that he could have and remained within the FFP limit (I know it’s now P&S).

Therefore we failed on both points in terms of the selling our ground - if we had not sold it then we would have had a points deduction and got relegated (probably in the 19-20 season) but still own our ground and not have the 30 year leasing of £2.5m hanging around our necks.

So we are now worse off because we sold our ground and that could become a long term problem.

The £7 million loan secured against has to be repaid in September , or we lose stadium.

Think Coventry with a 12 year old kid driving coach to Keepmoat for our home games.

Edited by Hornsby

1 hour ago, edmontonowl said:

I've heard DC has been approached by a buyer with more experience

image.png.b27f3e6658b2d1363eb74b72c3ba6619.png

One of my favourite books ever. Read it again only a few years ago and even as a middle aged balding bloke it still made me laugh.

Given Chansiri's statement, that he takes sole responsibility for our relegation this season. Its be hoped he has testicles of steel , because the -6 points he shackled us with , really was the hole in the ship.

Despite a shambolic on the field display , we were still the 4th worst team in the division.

Given our plight, he owes an average of approx £600 to season tickets holders,  we have a depleted squad who he has allowed their value to be nul and void and I believe we are still in a transfer embargo unless you know otherwise? A secret blade could not have orchestrated our demise any better. His statement today means nothing unless he pays the fans back, pay any monies owed to the players and presents us with a plausible,  strategic plan to turn our fortunes around.  He has alot to answer for,  therefore he has an awful lot to put right asap!!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Guest Hornsby
3 minutes ago, Ozzie said:

Given Chansiri's statement, that he takes sole responsibility for our relegation this season. Its be hoped he has testicles of steel , because the -6 points he shackled us with , really was the hole in the ship.

Despite a shambolic on the field display , we were still the 4th worst team in the division.

Given our plight, he owes an average of approx £600 to season tickets holders,  we have a depleted squad who he has allowed their value to be nul and void and I believe we are still in a transfer embargo unless you know otherwise? A secret blade could not have orchestrated our demise any better. His statement today means nothing unless he pays the fans back, pay any monies owed to the players and presents us with a plausible,  strategic plan to turn our fortunes around.  He has alot to answer for,  therefore he has an awful lot to put right asap!!

£15 top price next season would be a little start.

Guest Hornsby
1 minute ago, Tyto Alba said:

Would you rather have a squad that is capable of achieving promotion from league 1 or cheaper ticket prices.....oh wait...

I would rather have Administration than his son running show still.

7 hours ago, Animis said:

It's a good point and reflective of DC total incompetence.  I can understand the strategy, as other clubs had done it. However, to mess the intended outcome up, and put the club at severe risk of relegation as a result is illogical when he could have just processed the matter properly in the Summer of 2018. 

His actions suggest that he's gradually cutting ties with the club. The next two/three months will show if he's serious or not. At least he'll get a revenue stream from the club back to his family.

Why do you think that his actions are cutting ties with us. Another point of view is he was cementing his ties for the long term. But nobody can argue against the fact it was badly executed and caused the situation what he was trying to avoid by selling the ground in the first place. 

4 hours ago, Jakes Grandad said:

Would not be surprised  one bit if Monk or any recent manager we have had have had nothing to do with signings and had these players hoisted on him by David Downey and Dean Hughes at Chansiri's insistence.

Even though every time DC or managers have been asked this question the answer has been the total opposite 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hornsby said:

The £7 million loan secured against has to be repaid in September , or we lose stadium.

Think Coventry with a 12 year old kid driving coach to Keepmoat for our home games.

Is the 1st paragraph true. Pls can you verify that this is correct