BREAKING - CHANSIRI STATEMENT

4 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

He's a businessman, and as such will understand contingency plans.   

I should probably have said I expect there were two statements written before today.

But in pre-preparing his "statement" he's fiddling while Wednesday burn.

He shoulda been doing something better with his time to protect his business

• Like 1

Well, that’s a pretty nondescript statement. Could have been (and probably has been) drawn up by some PR agency.

He will think he’s done his duty now by issuing this and appeasing some of his customers, and then we won’t hear from him for god knows how long, by which time we will be continuing our plummet ever downwards while the plan he forever claims we have got never comes to fruition.

I wouldn’t trust him to look after my pet hamster.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

Best bet in short term would be structured change. Let someone else run the place and have DC write the cheques. Possibly wishful thinking also.

The thing is, it would not only be better for SWFC but also for Chansiri. Any statement that claims to take responsibility but which leaves him running the business is meaningless.

4 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

If we had tyre kickers like Derby this season or next it would only make it harder. Need some certainty unless we

get someone with loads of money and the right attitude which will not just crop up over night as Mel Morris has just found out.

Did Alonso ever show the ££££ ?? 

1 minute ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Well, that’s a pretty nondescript statement. Could have been (and probably has been) drawn up by some PR agency.

He will think he’s done his duty now by issuing this and appeasing some of his customers, and then we won’t hear from him for god knows how long, by which time we will be continuing our plummet ever downwards while the plan he forever claims we have got never comes to fruition.

You think Chansiri would pay a PR agency? He doesn't even pay his players.

Like it or not, it's from him, it clearly follows the (interesting) flow of previous statements.

4 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Best bet in short term would be structured change. Let someone else run the place and have DC write the cheques. Possibly wishful thinking also.

No. While ever DC is part of the club he will listen and do what he wants. He has to sell up and go. It's the only solution. 

7 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

It says nothing. It can’t be anybody else’s responsibility can it? He had to cough to that. But there was no detail re what went wrong and no detail on how it can be put right. It’s meaningless.

He may have plans. He may know what went wrong. But this statement reveals neither and any of you who are satisfied with it - I have a bridge for sale if you want one. 

Did you stop reading after my first sentence?

4 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

But at least you'd know he'd keep it safe in a tin.......................................oh wait

Condolences on your loss

Just now, Bluesteel said:

Presumably to Derby but it hasn’t materialised ...yet 

Well dont you think if he was interested any proper businessman would wait to see what league they are in before they bid...he just might back out now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

There was a small part of the Athletic piece that speaks volumes about Chansiri imo.

Carlos said he's a human who doesn't feel pressure.. with everything that was at stake during that huge financial gamble I think Carlos didn't realise how NAIVE his boss was/is.

Anybody can handle pressure if they can't see the danger.

• Like 3

Just now, Costello 77 said:

There was a small part of the Athletic piece that speaks volumes about Chansiri imo.

Carlos said he's a human who doesn't feel pressure.. with everything that was at stake during that huge financial gamble I think Carlos didn't realise how NAIVE his boss was/is.

Anybody can handle pressure if they can't see the danger.

Carlos comes across very naive in that article if you ask me ...also it was Chansiri 10 Yr old kid who got Carlos here 😆

2 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

The thing is, it would not only be better for SWFC but also for Chansiri. Any statement that claims to take responsibility but which leaves him running the business is meaningless.

There is hints of change but nothing you can nail down. We will have to wait and see.

If someone came out the woodwork who had the cash and didn’t reek of being a fantasist who wanted to buy the club then I could see that being quite attractive and I think the truth of the matter is if that person existed DC would be willing to hear them out. He doesn’t need to make that known to us. 

If he’d said in a statement I’ve taken you as far as I can and im selling, that would be more concerning than this bullish and stablising response as it just creates more uncertainty for building a team and attracts the sharks. 

Sunderland seem to have a decent new owner on paper for league one and we could do with them going up. But in terms of comparison with the money DC has spent/wasted here he doesn’t even seem same ball park with talks of 60m to invest over a few years.

The pandemic and FFP rules must be making people with cash think twice as it’s much harder to buy a club and spend to the PL any longer.

5 minutes ago, A47Owl said:

No. While ever DC is part of the club he will listen and do what he wants. He has to sell up and go. It's the only solution. 

If he sells to the right person it’s the solution. If he’s in Mel Morris desperation land it is far from ideal