BREAKING - CHANSIRI STATEMENT

4 hours ago, whowantstoberich said:

Got to admit it’s a much better statement than the one I saw earlier off the trust.

Hopefully the proof will be in the pudding but I won’t hold my breath. Very well written though and communication is a start 

Wow . Unbelievable 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, vulva said:

You can’t say fairer than that. He’s made a right old blloakxs of it, and you can’t run a club like he has, and try and shift or share the blame. It’s 100% his fault, and he’s fronted it in that statement. 

This relegation is different to the others in that we aren’t carrying down a bag full of poor players on big contracts. We have a blank piece of paper, and never in the history of the club has this summers recruitment been as crucial.

We simply have to get it right, or else we will languish at this level for years. 

I think DC will throw the kitchen sink at it to get back first time. 

save for Bannan on a £2.3m loyalty bonus, Paterson on 17K a week, and no competent keeper left on the books.... DC needs the kitchen sink throwing at himself.

The only positive I can take from that is he's backed the manager. 

That's at least something. 

Outside of that, hollow words unless he actually follows it up with some proper action. 

I won't hold my breath on that. 

Guest LondonOwl313

I don’t really get him tbh because it’s been a complete failure. If he isn’t going to go, why not resign as chairman, set a budget of whatever he can afford to lose next season, then hire a board to run it in a proper way. 

Surely from his perspective it would be better to not have the stress of it and he might actually get some results then too. He needs to get us two promotions if his plan is still to get his money back so he can’t continue with what we’ve been doing

Guest hk_owl

I’m more than happy with that statement and I don’t think Chansiri could have said more.

It seems quite obvious to me, but the market for third division football clubs is quite small, and anyone interested in buying us will be doing it for one reason, and one reason only. Still, I’m sure if a decent offer came in, DC would be off.

The mythical “young, hungry players” that everyone was banging on about at the start of the year are just that. A myth. They’re only hungry for one thing and that’s money. I’m sure if spendageddon was on, we’d have a team full of ‘em.

And finally the elusive “experienced football CEO” again, if such a thing exists, and was available, and was willing to come to a third division club in a mess, and we had the cash to pay them, I don’t doubt that we’d have one.

Once you’ve read the Athletic article, go watch ‘Sunderland till I Die’ when they got relegated. 

9 minutes ago, SiJ said:

The only positive I can take from that is he's backed the manager. 

That's at least something. 

Outside of that, hollow words unless he actually follows it up with some proper action. 

I won't hold my breath on that. 

more like the kiss of death 

2 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

I don’t really get him tbh because it’s been a complete failure. If he isn’t going to go, why not resign as chairman, set a budget of whatever he can afford to lose next season, then hire a board to run it in a proper way. 

Surely from his perspective it would be better to not have the stress of it and he might actually get some results then too. He needs to get us two promotions if his plan is still to get his money back so he can’t continue with what we’ve been doing

He's too proud to do that as it will be seen as both him and his son failing.

So I'm afraid we seem to be stuck.

Guest LondonOwl313
1 hour ago, ashley8 said:

Too little too late. If only you could sack your owner. Bottom not just relegated  bottom. Pathetic and Moore staying unfortunately means we won't get promotion next season.... he's shown he hasn't got what it takes to be successful he falls short. Nothing to do with his illness that's nothing to do with it. Without that he is unfortunately not good enough... Mr positive just ignores reality..... gutted because I really thought he would get us playing good stuff but we were gutless and sloppy at the back tactically nieve..... only hope now is he learns or gets someone in to help him.

Moore couldn’t get a tune out of them. Pulis, who’s got the rep as the go to manager for avoiding relegation couldn’t get a tune out of them. Monk who’s useless couldn’t get a tune out of them. Thompson who’s mates with some of them couldn’t get a tune out of them.

Im starting to spot a pattern here. At least under Moore we’ve tried playing football and have showed glimpses. We’ve scored more goals under him than any of the others. Unfortunately we’ve conceded too many though as our players can’t play out from the back.

At some point you get a manager and back him. Moore is as good as any we’d get now

1 hour ago, Harry Bosch said:

Unfortunately he can’t resign as owner quite so easily. It doesn’t look as though he wants to sell for whatever someone would pay him 

No he cannot resign as owner but the damage he has done has not been as the owner but as the chairman and effectively CEO which is why he should step back from these roles immediately.
Regarding his position as owner, if he truly took responsibility he would make clear that he wanted to find a new owner and that to facilitate this he would work on making sure that the club could pass to new owners for whatever price he could negotiate but crucially with the debts to himself that he has created through hi own utter incompetence, written off and with the ownership of the ground restored to the club.

2 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

He's too proud to do that as it will be seen as both him and his son failing.

So I'm afraid we seem to be stuck.

This. 

He's completely deluded. 

In his stupid little mind he will convince himself that it was really everyone else's fault. 

The fact he refers himself to as our "leader". 

Give me  f*cking strength. 

• Like 3

Just now, kobayashi said:

No he cannot resign as owner but the damage he has done has not been as the owner but as the chairman and effectively CEO which is why he should step back from these roles immediately.
Regarding his position as owner, if he truly took responsibility he would make clear that he wanted to find a new owner and that to facilitate this he would work on making sure that the club could pass to new owners for whatever price he could negotiate but crucially with the debts to himself that he has created through hi own utter incompetence, written off and with the ownership of the ground restored to the club.

Exactly. 

If he doesn't want to sell, then why not step back and appoint a chairman and CEO to manage the club and he be the owner/benefactor? 

Roman Abramovich doesn't act as Chairman and Chief Exec at Chelsea, does he? 

Get people in who know what the are doing, but no he will continue to think him and his prepubescent son are the right people to make the big decisions. 

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Exactly. 

If he doesn't want to sell, then why not step back and appoint a chairman and CEO to manage the club and he be the owner/benefactor? 

Get people in who know what the are doing, but no he will continue to think him and his prepubescent son are the right people to make the big decisions. 

If he did this from the start and we got promoted he would still have been held as a king with our fans but instead he wanted to be involved too much and it's backfired dramatically.

1 minute ago, TaxiMark said:

If he did this from the start and we got promoted he would still have been held as a king with our fans but instead he wanted to be involved too much and it's backfired dramatically.

Yep. 

Who knows, perhaps he does have some successful businesses in Thailand, but he clearly doesn't have a clue when it comes to football. 

In saying that, no successful businessman takes words of advice from his 12 year old son. 

What an idiot. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Exactly. 

Roman Abramovich is involved in football because he is a hard-nosed ruthless oligarch who wants to use his money to buy respectability in the West.

Dejphon Chansiri is involved in football for inexplicable reasons known only to himself, but which seem to have something to do with playing the big football owner with his name plastered over everything and having thousands of fans chanting his name and telling him how great he is.  Maybe even trying to impress his son?

If he appoints a chairman and CEO they will get to play with his toys instead of him.  What's the point of that?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, owlinexile said:

Roman Abramovich is involved in football because he is a hard-nosed ruthless oligarch who wants to use his money to buy respectability in the West.

Dejphon Chansiri is involved in football for inexplicable reasons known only to himself, but which seem to have something to do with playing the big football owner with his name plastered over everything and having thousands of fans chanting his name and telling him how great he is.  Maybe even trying to impress his son?

If he appoints a chairman and CEO they will get to play with his toys instead of him.  What's the point of that?

Pretty much. 

He has too much of a delicate ego to let someone else play with his club. 

7 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

Chansiri is involved in football because MM or his people can across a gullible dupe with access to some money but not much sense.