Another reason we could lose players

1 hour ago, Owls-Fan said:

Yeah I don’t think I’ve seen one post on here from anyone saying that we must keep a certain player to be successful next season. They can all leave as long as we get a fair price for them and that sums up how bad the team is and how little we all feel towards the clowns 

How many times are we going to replace the players though?

Most of them are players we haven't even seen play in person!

Owlstalk Shop

In one sense I’m glad we are going to see a mass departure, but at the same time I am worried about who we will get in to replace them. 
Our track record in recruitment is sketchy at best. 
Can we really build a decent full team without spending any money?

God knows but for sure it will be an interesting summer!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Lucas Joao's Tooth said:

It's standard practice at every football club.

98% of players will have this is their contracts it's nothing special.

You have Promotion increase and Relegation decrease.

Why do they have parachute  payments if that's case ?.......I always thought the money was to help clubs pay the wages of players on prem wages .

So they should be, what other industry do you get rewarded for failure.

This is the great re-set. It is about time we got a team who were all on realistic comparable wages to make sure team spirit is strong.

A young hungry squad with promotion bonus included into contracts.

Time to get away from handing massive deals out to past it players.

Do we want a 40-50k a week 10m record signing striker allegedly not wanting to take a pen in a playoff final semi, or do we want a young fearless striker wanting to make a name for himself in the game? 

1 hour ago, wakefieldowl said:

Surely if we ho straight back up, that would be reflected in their contract the same way. If things are good and they get an increase why would tbey want to walk away?

As most are out of contract, they have options, which in turn would mean we'd have to compete for their signature. Most are out of contract at the end of next season.

Don't get me wrong, the contract reductions are a good thing, my main issue is length of contracts. Chansiri recruits players like lease cars, paying through the nose for supposed performance over a short term, but without building any asset value protection like a long term contract would allow. Our players are consistently in the last year of their contract or out of contract meaning limited options.

If a player is deemed right for the club, sign them on a proper contract, 3 or 4 years. If they don't work out, sell them or loan them out. Chansiri has been burned by his and Paxo's incompetence in a recruitment,  neither of which is very good at. That's a big part of the problem

1 hour ago, Lucas Joao's Tooth said:

It's standard practice at every football club.

98% of players will have this is their contracts it's nothing special.

You have Promotion increase and Relegation decrease.

It's a nothing story - slow news day, Anyone could've come up with this:

"But it is understood that some – if not all – of the players set to stay on at Hillsborough are facing a drop in wages should they be unable to beat the drop"

You could write that story about any club facing relegation and any club facing promotion.

100%. 

Back when we were around the play offs, might have been after we got knocked out the season before, remember Hutchinson in an interview (when asked about some players not caring or something) saying how players care as much as anyone, because even if a player is only career/money motivated, getting promoted results in pay rises. 

Same for relegation reductions  i guess. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Yeah I don’t think I’ve seen one post on here from anyone saying that we must keep a certain player to be successful next season. They can all leave as long as we get a fair price for them and that sums up how bad the team is and how little we all feel towards the clowns 

We'll probably all feel even less after next Saturday!

🤬😡

3 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

Good riddance, and good luck finding the kind of wages they are on now.

Let’s face it that’s why they came to us in the first place...high wage for f*** all work. Think we’d all like to see a team that sweats blood for the cause, too many prima donnas for far too long.

Amazed that the club actually planned this in contracts. Exactly the kind of thing you expect us to not have done.

realistically this applies to the keepers, Palmer, iorfa, dunkley, bannan, green, windass, Patterson. Anyone else?

it’s a good thing though - reduced wages may at least free up funds for the new recruits and if not we demand proper fees to sell them

Guest Therealrealist

I dont believe there are any such clauses in the contracts..dont know where this story has come from🤔

Guest LondonOwl313

As if Paterson would leave Cardiff on whatever wages he was on there and sign for a club who was 23rd in the form table over the second half of last season and starting on -12 points if there was a relegation wage cut clause 

4 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

As if Paterson would leave Cardiff on whatever wages he was on there and sign for a club who was 23rd in the form table over the second half of last season and starting on -12 points if there was a relegation wage cut clause 

We don’t know what he was offered here versus what he was on at Cardiff and don’t know how much he’d drop based on relegation.