Another reason we could lose players

C9E41F3B-6FC0-4B5B-89A8-51E56FFA318F.jpeg

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-players-could-be-hit-hard-in-the-pocket-by-relegation-to-league-one-3216297

obviously means increased risk of losing players unless we give them new revised contracts, but also great that these clauses are in place 

• Like 5

Owlstalk Shop

Yeah I don’t think I’ve seen one post on here from anyone saying that we must keep a certain player to be successful next season. They can all leave as long as we get a fair price for them and that sums up how bad the team is and how little we all feel towards the clowns 

• Like 9

And so they should be afterall they are the one's who have got us relegated (probably) . Let them all go give Darren the run of recruitment and let's keep our fingers crossed we actually get a team who do the shirt & fans proud . 

• Like 3

There are only two players I'd want to keep regardless and they are Iorfa and Urhoghide 

I don't see any of the others being out and out match winners...we need structure, pace and aggression to get out of League One.

Darren Moore will want attitude, fitness and guile ahead of anything else...3 or 4 players with great footballing ability helps too but we haven't seen much of that for a few seasons.

It'll take a couple of seasons to rebuild a team that leaves League One and then challenge in the Championship like some clubs do.

• Like 1

If this is the case that players have a relegation wage decrease then hats off to Chansiri for this. It should be in everyone’s contract at every club that if you get relegated you have to take a pay decrease. 

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

If they signed a contract with clauses in for wage deductions in League 1 then more fool them.

Amazes me that we had the foresight to include such a clause in their contracts.

It's exactly the kind of thing you would expect us to have not even thought about. So kudos where its due.

Edited by NorthernOwl
  • Like 5

Guest wilyfox

I’d hope that some of them take responsibility for their failings on the pitch and stick around to make amends. If they all choose to abandon ship, that says even more about the character of them.

26 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Amazes me that we had the foresight to include such a clause in their contracts.

It's exactly the kind of thing you would expect us to have not even thought about. So kudos where its due.

Agreed, great move by the club.

However one Swallow doesn't make a summer so expect some Chansiri based tomfoolery coming along shortly.