1 Point Gap

Guest domSWFC

Remember that Crystal Palace last day game we had to win & drew. So many memories from that day. Will never forget some fella emptying some ashes into the corner of the pitch just before kick off, crying his eyes out & getting dragged off. Unbelievable tension all day & horrible.

The Middlesbrough game we stayed up was brilliant but I think we were in a better position going into the game.

9 minutes ago, BIG D said:

4 points from the next 2 games will give us a chance on the last day. 

Definitely, considering I don't think Derby will get anything at Swansea a week on sat. I've a feeling we are gonna be 3pts behind them going into the last game which I'll take right now. Just need Rotherham to carry on imploding.

5 minutes ago, H2Owl said:

Rotherham will stay up. Games in hand vs teams with nothing to play for. 

Not sure I follow this? Rotherham still have promotion chasing Brentford and Barnsley to play. As for teams with nothing to play for they also have to play Luton and Cardiff, who have recently tried hard enough to get decent results against Watford and Brentford 

2 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Not sure I follow this? Rotherham still have promotion chasing Brentford and Barnsley to play. As for teams with nothing to play for they also have to play Luton and Cardiff, who have recently tried hard enough to get decent results against Watford and Brentford 

It’s pessimistic but top 2 are all but secured, Brentford will be comfortably in the playoffs and as we approach the end of the season the teams that are trying now may tail

off. 

I hope I’m wrong but if Rotherham approach these games with the right mentality and come out guns blazing I can see them getting the results.

Just a hunch, but no f’ing way am I getting my hopes up for this lot.

12 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Losing 3-0 to a managerless Preston team that had nowt to play for. Moral must be in the gutter. Hopefully.

Wayne Rooneys Derby County will soon become Jamie Carraghers Derby County.

44 minutes ago, domSWFC said:

That's how we have to look at it now. 2 games, and a 1 point gap on Derby, then prey Mini Pigs do us some favours.

Just do better than Derby in these next two and last game of the season, it's down to us to beat them. 

It's in Rotherham's hands. But we have given ourselves a glimmer of hope. 

Derby play Birmz on Saturday, can see them winning that now they are safe.

Most frustrating part is if we had beat any of Bristol, QPR or Swansea it would only be 1 stinking point...Or better yet if we came away with 7 points instead of 1 (which was VERY doable) we’d be 7 points clear right now...perspective is everything! And people laughed when I said that 2 weeks ago...

Chances are still very slim but if results go our way again on Saturday I might just start to believe! 

Anything can happen - but Rotherham do have some tough games - I've got them down for a draw tomorrow, and I've given them NF as a win. They may get a draw against Luton. I think they'll lose the other three. That takes them to 44 points.

If Derby lose against Birmingham they're in deep trouble unless we lose against Middlesbrough. I can't see Derby Swansea at their place, but give them a draw so they'll be on 44 points. We just then have to avoid a defeat against Boro and do the job against NF. That gets us to 43 for the shoot out.

Everything has to fall into place, which it probably won't. If we fail by 2 points, I'll be reyt angry mad.

1 hour ago, domSWFC said:

That's how we have to look at it now. 2 games, and a 1 point gap on Derby, then prey Mini Pigs do us some favours.

Just do better than Derby in these next two and last game of the season, it's down to us to beat them. 

It's in Rotherham's hands. But we have given ourselves a glimmer of hope. 

I’m a glass half full type of person but I just think we are short. That Bristol City goal was a killer blow for us. I wouldn’t be surprised if we finished above Derby but unless Rotherham implode, it really is in their hands.

Edited by sexpistol

We are still more like 1 in 20 of stopping up. What id like is to take it 2 last game even if thats to take derby down with us. If we are already down by derby game they will 100% win it then send rothrum down. There defender wisdom went off injured that could seriously effect them. 

33 minutes ago, Grandad said:

If it wasn't for Chansiris minus 6 we'd be out of the relegation spaces tonight

This will be the biggest factor in our relegation and it is not getting much traction, this clown needs the embarrassment of a self inflicted relegation to carry. If w stay up he will take all the credit. I desperately want us to stay up but what changes for next season if we do and he is at the helm.

• Like 2