1 Point Gap

Guest domSWFC

11 hours ago, N0rtherner said:

And there we go Coventry scoring and in the clear...

We were never going to catch Coventry before last night.

Its only between us, Derby and Rotherham now.  

Thanks to forest late equaliser last night, Birmingham go into Saturdays game at Derby knowing they still need to get a result to avoid Rotherham overtaking them. So hopefully that game will at least be a draw, and Rotherham to be beaten at Barnsley.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

We were never going to catch Coventry before last night.

Its only between us, Derby and Rotherham now.  

Thanks to forest late equaliser last night, Birmingham go into Saturdays game at Derby knowing they still need to get a result to avoid Rotherham overtaking them. So hopefully that game will at least be a draw, and Rotherham to be beaten at Barnsley.  

Don't forget Huddersfield. If we're even talking about us managing an unlikely 3 wins in a row, then if they lose the rest of their games (3) for the season, they'll remain on 47 points and be right in there too. More so than Birmingham really at this point - I forgot Rotherham could in theory overtake them but I find it very, very unlikely that Rotherham will now win 3 and draw 1 from their remaining 5 matches. But I do hope they want that safety and smash Derby on the weekend, it would do us a massive favour.

Guest LondonOwl313
15 hours ago, N0rtherner said:

Even if we miraculously pulled off catching up with Derby, the fact that Rovrum need only another 9 pts from their possible 18 is what will see us relegated.

If you think we all of a sudden can get 9 from 3, Rovrum can get that in twice as many games.

Rotherham will lose to Barnsley and Brentford to start with. Then they have Blackburn (H), Luton (A) and Cardiff (H).

If we’re going to catch Derby we have to win at Pride Park, and win at least one more game than them. So the minimum is 2 wins from 3 for us, leaving us on 45 points. Obviously would need Derby to not beat either Birmingham or Swansea too then. 

So for Rotherham to finish above us they’d need 6 points, maybe even 7 points from those 3 games. Can’t see that tbh.

Think it’s possible we can do it but if Rotherham or Derby pull off a win in any game you’d expect them to lose then that’s it over.

25 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Rotherham will lose to Barnsley and Brentford to start with. Then they have Blackburn (H), Luton (A) and Cardiff (H).

If we’re going to catch Derby we have to win at Pride Park, and win at least one more game than them. So the minimum is 2 wins from 3 for us, leaving us on 45 points. Obviously would need Derby to not beat either Birmingham or Swansea too then. 

So for Rotherham to finish above us they’d need 6 points, maybe even 7 points from those 3 games. Can’t see that tbh.

Think it’s possible we can do it but if Rotherham or Derby pull off a win in any game you’d expect them to lose then that’s it over.

Just got a feeling Derby might pull off a win and we get Warnock’d Saturday

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Just got a feeling Derby might pull off a win and we get Warnock’d Saturday

Not sure about Derby, as I said above Birmingham are still not mathematically safe yet so hopefully they will put in a similar performance as they have since bowyer took over and at least get a point. 

But yes,  we can easily get beaten by Boro and it should be expected too.  We have the worse away form in the league.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Im not so confident that a team in the bottom 3, with a poor run of form, and a busy fixture list will suddenly be able to win half their remaining fixtures, some which are against top six sides 

This was an excellent point mate,  last night was arguably one of their easiest games remaining and they lost it.  I agree that they won’t be winning more than 2 games again this season.  Sadly we won’t win all 3 of our games either,  as we are a bottom 3 team for a reason 

2 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Not sure about Derby, as I said above Birmingham are still not mathematically safe yet so hopefully they will put in a similar performance as they have since bowyer took over and at least get a point. 

But yes,  we can easily get beaten by Boro and it should be expected too.  We have the worse away form in the league.  

League form means nothing in cup football 😉

I just can't see us having the balls to do what is required.

Three wins in a row from this lot?

No chance imo.

The moment they face the slightest bit of adversity they crumble. Not ideal when you are in a relegation scrap.

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313
19 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I just can't see us having the balls to do what is required.

Three wins in a row from this lot?

No chance imo.

The moment they face the slightest bit of adversity they crumble. Not ideal when you are in a relegation scrap.

It’s probably only two wins required unless Derby beat Birmingham at the weekend or Rotherham upset Barnsley.

45 points will be about where the line is because these are 3 very poor teams we’re talking about. Not even confident we can do that though 

I admire people’s optimism to say we don’t need to win all 3 games, but I don’t agree really.  When you have two teams in front of you in the table, one with games in hand, we simply have to win all 3 games and let the dust lay when it lays 

• Like 1

On 20/04/2021 at 21:50, BIG D said:

Can’t see Brum rolling over for Derby

Maybe it will actually work in our favour Birmingham Being so bad last time out. 

Bowyer will give them a right old rocket, so I can see them making it a really tough day for Derby. My thinking is 1-1. That means if Moore can somehow find a plan to beat boro and the players find the bottle to pull It off we can chip another 2 points off them. 

Guest Therealrealist

Big dingle mick will relegate us by losing at rovrum..cardiff have nothing to play for and big nose is offskis after that game

Guest Therealrealist
6 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Big dingle mick will relegate us by losing at rovrum..cardiff have nothing to play for and big nose is offskis after that game

Where as if rovrum hadnt called the original game of cus of a 5 minute dusting of snow cardiff wer bang in form and in the play offs 😡