1 Point Gap

Guest domSWFC

Possible? Yes

Probable? No chance.

We've shot ourselves in the foot too many times this season. If we had beaten Bristol City then maybe we'd have a realistic chance. If we hadn't screwed up against too many others with last minute goals this season we wouldn't even be in this mess in the first place!

Hope yes, but it's the clutching at straws variety.

I read these threads just to see if there are people out there who actually think we will stay up!

Rotherham are still above us in the table. They have twice as many games left as us. 
Derby are 4 points ahead of us!

A win was nice and yes, margins are fine down at the bottom but we are not staying up. We scraped a 1-0 against a team who looked like they couldn’t be arsed. They still had good chances to equalise. 
Sure it might be close but down we go......

The crazy thing when your at the bottom is how fast things change. Coventry and Birmingham looked to be the teams to target overtaking a few weeks ago. Now they are well clear. 
We are the agents of our own downfall. Just two extra wins or winning three games we were drawing and the picture would be so different. But it isn’t. 
At least we are giving the teams above us a fright!

I think if we somehow managed to win our last 3 games we would stay up.

Rotherham have a small squad, had players suffering from Covid a few months back, and now have to play a load of games in a short space of time. They've picked up roughly one point per game all season and I don't see that changing. Derby are in a downward spiral.

I just don't see us winning our remaining 3 games, that's the problem. We've got the worst record away from home in the entire Championship and play away to Middlesbrough on Saturday with the 8th best home record. If we somehow won that game they might drag me back in to believing.

Losing to Wycombe, Rotherham twice, Luton twice, Birmingham has cost us this season 

Win just 2 of them and we'd be pretty much safe now 

Unfortunately our players are serial bottlers and managers have been poo  

I want these players to have a relegation on their cv and DC to be punished for the mess he has put us in 

We'd only get relegated next season anyway if we stay up 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

Losing to Wycombe, Rotherham twice, Luton twice, Birmingham has cost us this season 

Win just 2 of them and we'd be pretty much safe now 

Unfortunately our players are serial bottlers and managers have been poo  

I want these players to have a relegation on their cv and DC to be punished for the mess he has put us in 

We'd only get relegated next season anyway if we stay up 

agreed mate, they will let us down noe more time in the next couple of weeks.

We have a smidgen of a chance, but that's all it is. 

We've probably got to win all three and then hope for some massive favours from a number of others. 

Appreciate Rotherham have got 6 games to play yet, but I think having so many games in hand may end up costing them. They looked utterly cream crackered against Coventry last week and not convinced their squad will cope with so many games in such a short space of time. 

Derby are completely imploding atm. 

Still - real big ask and I'm still struggling to see it. No slip ups. 

2 hours ago, domSWFC said:

That's how we have to look at it now. 2 games, and a 1 point gap on Derby, then prey Mini Pigs do us some favours.

Just do better than Derby in these next two and last game of the season, it's down to us to beat them. 

It's in Rotherham's hands. But we have given ourselves a glimmer of hope. 

That sounds as mad as your avatar looks 🙃