1 Point Gap

Guest domSWFC

25 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

I’m not really into these debates as you always end up in these rabbit holes but, to drop out of the playoffs Brentford would have to have the mother of all meltdowns while every other club below them his red hot form. I would say they are pretty safe. 
Our problem is we need two teams to be considerably worse than us while we suddenly hit amazing form. 
Last night we were OK but Blackburn could and should have equalised. We are hanging by a thread. 
The bookies odds of 1/20 on for us to go down are probably about right. The thing with 1/20 chances is of course that they do occasionally happen. But usually don’t. 

Sorry, I was under the impression that a fans forum was for debating stuff like this, truth be told if you got a few neutrals to predict scores of forthcoming Rotherham games you'd get 95% predicting wins for Barnsley and Brentford against them, highly unlikely we will stay up I agree, but I can bet if Rotherham don't win tonight or Sat, us and an in form Birmingham win then that will definitely put the cat amongst the pigeons. Only takes a small set of results to turn it upside down again. 

4 hours ago, McRightSide said:

We need to win 3/3 to have a chance

To me, that sounds like very poor odds

We always knew it was going to be like this though. Especially after the losses vs QPR & Swansea...simply could not afford to drop any more points.

My main frustration is how pivotal that Bristol game could be, not coming away with 3 points after being 1-0 up with a penalty vs 10 men. Agonising! 

Those extra 2 points could have been huge if Rotherham pick up points in there games in hand. 

1 hour ago, CircleSeven said:

After last nights win we are still second bottom. 
We have to make up 4 points on Derby over three games and get more points over three games than Rotherham get over six games. 
Bookies have us 1/20 on to go down (a move from 1/33 a week ago). 
If we had to overtake one other club we have a chance but we have to get past two. 
All last night did was add a bit of excitement and put the fear into Derby and Rotherham. 

Wycombe, us and Derby to go down. 

47 minutes ago, BIG D said:

If Rotherham win tonight then it will be difficult.

If they lose/draw they have 5 games left with 4 of them away including Barnsley and Brentford as their next 2 games - I would say we're well in it.

This is the reality that I don't want to accept, Rotherham can afford to have a few shockers and still stay up because they still have 6 more games to play!

So many ifs and buts and after last nights win i've started to get my hopes up again...FFS! We really need Rotherham to lose tonight and Saturday likewise Derby and us to win again to have any chance now.

Rotherham have some very favourable fixtures coming up though, all they need to do is get 9 points from a possible 18 and that relegates us for certain (assuming we even win every remaining game).

Middlesbrough (H)

Barnsley (A)

Brentford (A)

Blackburn (H)

Luton (A)

Cardiff (A)

Typical Wednesday really, chucked it away when it matters but gives you that glimmer of hope that keeps you hanging on for more! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

Sorry, I was under the impression that a fans forum was for debating stuff like this

Bit salty there matey. I’m just saying it’s not normally my bag endlessly speculating about increasingly complex scenarios because it’s football, and it’s unpredictability is its nature. I’ve proved to myself why I’m not into it because as soon as you say anything that contradicts anyone’s view they start getting salty with you. More than happy for you and everyone else to fill your boots though...

While we are still reliant on snookers, it's difficult for me to look at this with a glass half full perspective. We had plenty of opportunities to put it in our own hands in recent weeks, more so last week against 10 men Bristol City, but we didn't take them.

Personally, I can't get my hopes up unless we get 3 points at Middlesbrough. Only then will I think we might have half a chance.

How anyone can look at our situation and still think we have a chance is mind blowing. Have you not been paying attention the last 18 months?? We're a terrible, terrible team. We deserve to go down and we will go down.

False hope is a killer. Accept the inevitable.

• Like 1

Even if we miraculously pulled off catching up with Derby, the fact that Rovrum need only another 9 pts from their possible 18 is what will see us relegated.

If you think we all of a sudden can get 9 from 3, Rovrum can get that in twice as many games.

9 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

Even if we miraculously pulled off catching up with Derby, the fact that Rovrum need only another 9 pts from their possible 18 is what will see us relegated.

If you think we all of a sudden can get 9 from 3, Rovrum can get that in twice as many games.

Im not so confident that a team in the bottom 3, with a poor run of form, and a busy fixture list will suddenly be able to win half their remaining fixtures, some which are against top six sides 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

It is the fact that it is highly unlikely that a club at the bottom would suddenly get 9 points from the final 3 games which makes it highly likely that if they did that they would not be relegated. 

32 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

Rotherham need 10 points to technically relegate us, assuming Huddersfield (Huddersfield could draw 1 game and still go down), Coventry and Birmingham don't lose every game.

2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Realistically to stay up we have to string 4 wins together including last night. I just don’t see this squad having the consistency to do that. 

That should be their only focus - get those wins, one down, three to go. Then see where we are when we get to the end.

Heck, even Coventry will still be in this if Stoke could find a way to score in the next 55 minutes!

Same goes for Brum and Huddersfield if Forest and Barnsley win. The more teams stuck on 47/48 points will only help us because if we get that many points, our GD will be better.

To say it will happen is crazy, this is probably one of the longest shots I can remember in our club history in the past couple of decades. Maybe Carlos clawing his way back into the play offs for the second year with that late charge with 6 back to back wins in april 16/17.

14 hours ago, Onge said:

How anyone can look at our situation and still think we have a chance is mind blowing. Have you not been paying attention the last 18 months?? We're a terrible, terrible team. We deserve to go down and we will go down.

False hope is a killer. Accept the inevitable.

Bang on my friend. 

• Like 1