BREAKING - Darren Moore gets Pneumonia and is OUT again

Finally we get a good manager and now this happens.....

Get well soon Darren, health is always the most important thing. Just like the club itself, just need a short period of convalescence and then we will both come roaring back stronger than ever!

This disease isnt flu where you just get better.

I had it last March. Felt shocking for 5 days. I 'recovered' and had a 30 min run exactly two weeks later and i felt fine.

A week after that my oxygen levels crashed and i was back in bed. Just avoided hospital.

The i got vertigo as a side effect. After about 3 months i was 100pc better but loads of people arent.

Take care Darren and look after yourself ffs.

• Thanks 1

My mrs had blood clots on her lungs and pneumonia end of dec. was in bed for two weeks. Took her a month to get over it but still isn’t right. 

pneumonia can give long term impacts with big bouts of tiredness that can last months. 

hope Darren takes it easy and recovers well. 

28 minutes ago, Nero said:

This disease isnt flu where you just get better.

I had it last March. Felt shocking for 5 days. I 'recovered' and had a 30 min run exactly two weeks later and i felt fine.

A week after that my oxygen levels crashed and i was back in bed. Just avoided hospital.

The i got vertigo as a side effect. After about 3 months i was 100pc better but loads of people arent.

Take care Darren and look after yourself ffs.

Crikey mate. I feel for you reading that. Glad you’ve turned the corner. 

I hope the gaffer makes a speedy recovery. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Having nearly died from pneumonia myself 5 years ago it really is a terrible illness. I remember the doctors telling me that if my partner, at the time, had brought me into Hospital an hour later there was a strong possibility I wouldn't be here today. Fluid had filled up on my lungs rapidly. The doctor then walked off and I sat up in my hospital bed and just burst into tears, dunno wether it was relief, the reaction to what they said, or whatever but it was one of the worst times of my life and I was 28 then.

I honestly wish the gaffer a super recovery, he needs to take his time at home with his family and relax. 

Get well soon Darren.

Our mum had it in her late 30s and it nearly did for her - no hyperbole, she came close. In hospital for about a month, full oxygen mask, isolation ward, later a recovery ward, the works. Not asthmatic, no underlying health conditions. Horrendous business. Still has a persistent dry cough 30 years later and prone to picking up chest stuff, she’s never quite been fully fit since. Wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy.

Glad you got over it mate, all best to the gaffer. Couldn’t give a hoot about how it affects the team, doesn’t matter. Wouldn’t matter if we were challenging for playoffs. Irrelevant in context.

Nice response on here by the way, love to see it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Spelling out the obvious but pneumonia is caused by a variety of things so no two bouts are really the same. Regardless the big man needs to rest up and kick football to touch for a few weeks.

The Moneyball squad building for the L1 barrage can wait a few weeks.

• Like 2