BREAKING - Darren Moore gets Pneumonia and is OUT again

Steve Cotterill, the Shrewsbury boss has been suffering with the same thing. Looks like he’s had two hospital stays because of it and is still recuperating months down the line, so it’s worrying.

Hopefully DM can channel all that strength he had as a player into making a full and speedy recovery but there’s no rush.

Keeping fingers crossed.

8 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

What I don’t understand is how somebody who was symptomatic got the all clear to return to work

I read he felt better, tested negative, returned to work on Monday (training) then felt dodgy Tuesday night after Swansea game.

Edited by sonofbert2

2 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I read he felt better, tested negative, returned to work on Monday (training) then felt dodgy Tuesday night after Swansea game.

Bugger, I'll have to do a test, I also felt dodgy after the Swansea game 

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Steve Cotterill, the Shrewsbury boss has been suffering with the same thing. Looks like he’s had two hospital stays because of it and is still recuperating months down the line, so it’s worrying.

Hopefully DM can channel all that strength he had as a player into making a full and speedy recovery but there’s no rush.

Keeping fingers crossed.

that’s very worrying. As you say Cotterill has been away from the club and in hospital for a long time. I hope DM has a speedy and healthy recovery and is back to lead us next season and helping to sign/recommend players for league one.  If he is anything like Cotterill thought he might not return. 

We will have to wait and see.

Let's not start speculating too much.

Clearly, it is quite serious, but there are many variables.

Fingers crossed he makes a full recovery and is back in the dugout for the first game of next season.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Born_On_Shoreham_Street said:

There are times when inter-club rivalry must be put aside and this is one of them.

Many Blades that I know have always liked Darren Moore and we are shocked to hear of his condition especially as it seems to be having a second go at making him ill.

I'm worried for him and as some of you have said, he should rest and not come back until he is recovered fully.

Get well soon Mr Moore.

Lovely post 

Cheers mate 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Born_On_Shoreham_Street said:

There are times when inter-club rivalry must be put aside and this is one of them.

Many Blades that I know have always liked Darren Moore and we are shocked to hear of his condition especially as it seems to be having a second go at making him ill.

I'm worried for him and as some of you have said, he should rest and not come back until he is recovered fully.

Get well soon Mr Moore.

Nice Post 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Born_On_Shoreham_Street said:

Get well soon Mr Moore.

Thanks for that ......what's your reasoning for liking Darren Moore btw?

• Like 1

I'm surprised the medical staff didn't give him the once over before he came back. It's likely a blood oxygen reading would have shown his lungs were bad. This type of relapse is very common with covid, you catch it, you feel rough for a period then you start to feel better before lapsing into the serious phase of the illness. (I'm not a doctor).

I hope he comes through this quickly and is ok. Football doesn't matter compared to his health. We are down already so there's little point in him being in the dugout. Good luck big guy.