OFFICIAL CLUB STATEMENT REGARDING LIAM SHAW

17 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Of course it happens but it's a gamble, tie a player down who then turns out not to be the standard required. 

Thats happened here and elsewhere. We gave some of our u23 squad new contracts over last 5 years and they never made the jump to 1st team. We have handed dawson a long term deal and wow he is shocking. Look at what deal hirst got at leicester 10grand a wk and has yet to score in english football despite all the big ing him up 

Just now, morganowl said:

Thats happened here and elsewhere. We gave some of our u23 squad new contracts over last 5 years and they never made the jump to 1st team. We have handed dawson a long term deal and wow he is shocking. Look at what deal hirst got at leicester 10grand a wk and has yet to score in english football despite all the big ing him up 

Yeah it's a gamble, I guess sometimes you have to go for it.

7 minutes ago, morganowl said:

giphy.gif

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

Yeah it's a gamble, I guess sometimes you have to go for it.

I think not having a proper youth acadamy manager like the one who left for america 6 years ago is a problem ,our u18 u23 squads have rotted since no investment . How many of us thought 12months ago give shaw a deal? I thought it was connor grant who was tipped for stardom, he aint progressed at all , its called thinking your something before you are. 

1 minute ago, morganowl said:

I think not having a proper youth acadamy manager like the one who left for america 6 years ago is a problem ,our u18 u23 squads have rotted since no investment . How many of us thought 12months ago give shaw a deal? I thought it was connor grant who was tipped for stardom, he aint progressed at all , its called thinking your something before you are. 

Yeah needs another revamp 

Guest Therealrealist
6 minutes ago, morganowl said:

Agrre..the youth coaches are such important roles at a club..we tend to just give it anybody whos been demoted from other duties

The press are reporting Celtic are trying to sign Joseph from Wigan on a pre contract deal is it possible they feel this is better value than developing their own talent.

Do we have someone in place with a budget that can "pinch/entice" other teams development players or maybe everything has to go through the chairman and takes an awful long time.

The point with Hirst was the club set back his development and if rumours are true they could have sold him rather than force the issue of him moving abroad. 

It is likely Barnsley or United would have managed the situation better and made money, didn't united get a million for Jordan Slew.

With the number of goals Hirst jnr got at club and country level we should have profited more from the situation but undoubtedly it needed better management.

Just hope we can observe how the better run clubs manage their assets and learn something for the future.

3 minutes ago, should know better said:

The press are reporting Celtic are trying to sign Joseph from Wigan on a pre contract deal is it possible they feel this is better value than developing their own talent.

Do we have someone in place with a budget that can "pinch/entice" other teams development players or maybe everything has to go through the chairman and takes an awful long time.

The point with Hirst was the club set back his development and if rumours are true they could have sold him rather than force the issue of him moving abroad. 

It is likely Barnsley or United would have managed the situation better and made money, didn't united get a million for Jordan Slew.

With the number of goals Hirst jnr got at club and country level we should have profited more from the situation but undoubtedly it needed better management.

Just hope we can observe how the better run clubs manage their assets and learn something for the future.

I think this is where Chansiri's lack of football knowledge bites us on the backside. He is far too reactive and is not proactive. He has not got the foresight to do this. He doesn't look two to three years in the future and try to bring on players. He would much rather pay big money for crocks. Instead we have a glorified player agent doing this for us and his only incentive is to make money for himself. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

"We are currently investigating this matter and will consider if there are any further steps available to protect the club’s interest."

There are

Make the club a place where players want to play, and at the same time make contract offers that they want to sign before any other clubs do

Sounds way too complicated for us

I think the major part of the statement is being overlooked. The part about Celtic are now no longer corresponding since the manager was sacked is the most revealing. The legal action is surely related to this. If Celtic are now not interested or are having second thoughts and wasting time that both swfc and player could be using to sort a new contract here or look at other clubs interest in Shaw. This has to be what legal avenues are being looked at. 

This could and looks very likely to have been a bit of luck on our part and I can see Shaw now staying with us. If Celtic still want him they showing a strange way of going about it

1 hour ago, sherlyegg said:

Tapping up

Currently, under FIFA and FA transfer rules, if a club wants to procure the services of a player registered with another club, they must speak directly with that club and not to the player or his representatives. The player and his representatives will only be brought in for discussions with the potential purchasing club once the two clubs have agreed a fee.

1 hour ago, Loppy said:

Fifa regulations article IV. 18. 3

A professional shall only be free to conclude a contract with another club if his contract with his present club has expired or is due to expire within six months. 

The other stipulation of rule 18.3 is they (Celtic) have to contact the player's current club in writing before talking to the player or his agent.

The question is did they speak to Wednesday first or Shaw first?

'18.3 A club intending to conclude a contract with a professional must inform the player’s current club in writing before entering into negotiations with him. A professional shall only be free to conclude a contract with another club if his contract with his present club has expired or is due to expire within six months. Any breach of this provision shall be subject to appropriate sanctions'.

41 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Why the mocking. So Celtic renege  an agreement to keep quiet. But still some want to blame the club....supporters eh.

I don't blame the club.

I blame the narcissistic buffoon that is systematically destroying the club from top to bottom with his ridiculous clownery.

Shame we didn’t extend his contract after he made his debut vs Boro. Should be standard practice now.

Been done to death now but when a player chooses to leave in a manner that ensures we don’t get paid properly then it leaves a bitter taste for me.