OFFICIAL CLUB STATEMENT REGARDING LIAM SHAW

6 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

I have an irrational hatred of that last sentence.  

“He’s some poo news for you to digest with little info. We aren’t going to tell you the rest... Just let you stew over the negativity” 

It's a standard statement used by a lot of companies/bodies/cubs.

4 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Have you tried a therapist?  

I really should. 

Something I love is being destroyed. Finding it quite difficult actually. 

Let’s hope they’re not a Wednesday fan themselves or I might be comforting them. 

• Haha 2

Fans and players are two totally different animals. As a career choice only time will tell if he goes down the Sean Claire route to obscurity. One thing he hasnt thought about is scottish obscurity is pretty bleak. I don't think he will make the first team for a while. Good luck to him. Shame we couldn't have got more money for him, but realistically what sort of fee would a young midfielder with a handful of championship games experience be worth. 

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Therefore it’s up to the club to ensure this scenario doesn’t happen.

Club should have shown loyalty to Shaw by not letting him go into the last year of his contract. Young lad needs security in the game. We didn’t offer it him until it was too late. 

This! 

Some people expect that only players should be loyal. It is supposed to go both ways. 

Chansiri refused to show any loyalty to Shaw or trust in his talent by refusing to offer him longer deal until it was too late. Why expect Shaw to be loyal after that?! Loyalty should be earned and we did nothing to earn Shaw's. 

• Like 2

Bit of devils advocate here but does anyone know when the club first spoke to Liam's agent regarding a new contract.

Chansiri stated that the club made an offer but his agent was delaying an answer, and Liam himself said on 4th January an offer had been made but he was leaving it to his agent.

But no one seems to have said when the first offer was made ?

4 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

I'm sorry, but I fail to see why we as a club have got our knickers in a twist about Celtic saying he's signing.

It's football, players move clubs.

Who the hell does DC think he is?

Yet again, chansiri is trying to deflect the blame onto others for his bad decision making, this time its Celtics fault. 

Still, makes a change from it being the fans fault. 

2 minutes ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Makes complete sense on the part of Shaw to buzz off

Makes complete sense for DC to do some sabre rattling - might get some more dosh out of Celtic 

Makes complete sense for us to be a bit embarrassed and annoyed by it all.

Therefore be at peace my children midst the litigious storms of S6.

Celtic don't gave to pay any more, the compo figure is set by UEFA . 

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

Yet again, chansiri is trying to deflect the blame onto others for his bad decision making, this time its Celtics fault. 

Still, makes a change from it being the fans fault. 

It's always someone else's fault with him

• Like 1