Liam shaw

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Unfortunately I think you’re right. I wanted Shaw to play because I think he improves us.

But thinking about it. The attention has all been on him this week. He was probably being too committed to show he still cares and wants to do well. 

Resulted in a red card. 

Exactly and now Thompson Will have to keep him out of the team after the ban is over.

Today could and should have been avoided 

22 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

You must be so disappointed with Hutchinson, considering some if the challenges he's been sent off/booked for in his time here.

Still there's plenty of time for him to learn eh?

how many times in last 3 years has hutchinson been sent off for us? 

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

I’m sure he’s staying. Especially after hearing Bannan’s recent comments.

ps. I feel like I need a shower after being on a Celtic blog 🤮 

It was a silly challenge in the circumstances given how weak refs are nowadays. But, in his defence he won the ball, minimal contact with the opponent and his tackling foot going away from the opponent. 

The first one wasn't a yellow either. 

But, can't do that in modern football, it's a non contact sport.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I didn’t think the first was a yellow card at all. The second one was stupid as he gave the referee a decision to make even tho a while ago, it wouldn’t have been a booking. 

A minute before the sending off, Bannan was tugged back cynically to stop a break and no yellow card. You’ve also got Gary Gardner with 2 bits of gamesmanship at the end and yet no yellow card. 

12 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I didn’t think the first was a yellow card at all. The second one was stupid as he gave the referee a decision to make even tho a while ago, it wouldn’t have been a booking. 

A minute before the sending off, Bannan was tugged back cynically to stop a break and no yellow card. You’ve also got Gary Gardner with 2 bits of gamesmanship at the end and yet no yellow card. 

One of the few sensible comments on here, To some it seems Shaw is beyond reproach because of his age, others want him lynched, hung, drawn and quartered. My only concern is SWFC and while the 1st yellow was poor referring, the 2nd was mindless. If he's going to push on in blue and white stripes and learn from this then great but if its part of the learning curve that improves him and helps develop him into a quality player for Celtic then It's hard to waste my time defending him. 

• Like 1

Just now, striker said:

It was a silly challenge in the circumstances given how weak refs are nowadays. But, in his defence he won the ball, minimal contact with the opponent and his tackling foot going away from the opponent. 

its not 1970 its 2021 and anyone knows you cant fly in like liam shaw does especially in a part of the pitch where no challenge like that should take place.  this is not some lad making his debut and not someone what aint done this before and at least this time he was already on a yellow so any misplaced tackle would risk a sending off never mind lunging in. has liam shaw got loads of uncles defending him tonight? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, striker said:

Would you have the same opinion if that tackle had been made on one of our players.

1 minute ago, morganowl said:

its not 1970 its 2021 and anyone knows you cant fly in like liam shaw does especially in a part of the pitch where no challenge like that should take place.  this is not some lad making his debut and not someone what aint done this before and at least this time he was already on a yellow so any misplaced tackle would risk a sending off never mind lunging in. has liam shaw got loads of uncles defending him tonight? 

Why are you so intent on unleashing about Shaw?

He made a mistake again

He'll learn from it

Neil Thompson just said the exact same thing - word for word

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, morganowl said:

As I acknowledged football nowadays is  a non contact sport. It was a wholehearted challenge that won the ball. 

I understand why a yellow was given, but don't agree. 

3 minutes ago, striker said:

As I acknowledged football nowadays is  a non contact sport. It was a wholehearted challenge that won the ball. 

I understand why a yellow was given, but don't agree. 

id say the 1st yellow he could have got away with, but premier league refs book these offences id say 60% of refs would have given the 1st yellow. the 2nd yellow 99.9% would have sent him off id say a third of refs would have straight red carded him. 

• Like 1

Shaw wanted to make darn sure he got noticed in a game that was passing him by. An arrogant decision by someone who knows all football teams struggle to win a game with only 10 men.  If today was the last game of the season & the loss got us relegated, I don’t care if it was a mistake, it would be his fault

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, KcebSWFC11 said:

Shaw wanted to make darn sure he got noticed in a game that was passing him by. An arrogant decision by someone who knows all football teams struggle to win a game with only 10 men.  If today was the last game of the season & the loss got us relegated, I don’t care if it was a mistake, it would be his fault

What will relegate us is the -6 points the chairman got us.

Losing to Birmingham won’t be the reason. Don’t be daft.

Some pathetic posts in this thread blaming Shaw. 

He won the ball cleanly.ir wasn't even a foul, nay  mind a card. Pathetic, joke of a decision. You should be pointing the finger where it belongs, at the  ref. Worst decision I have seen for many years.