Liam shaw

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

There's absolutely everything wrong with 'scapegoating' anyone ever

Plus, Shaw’s tackle was no worse than the tackle made on Windass immediately  (less than half a second) prior. The ball was there to be won and Shaw won it. The Birmingham player made the challenge into a fowl by 5h1thousing and the hapless Mason bought it. 

• Like 1

Just now, shandypants said:

Plus, Shaw’s tackle was no worse than the tackle made on Windass immediately  (less than half a second) prior. The ball was there to be won and Shaw won it. The Birmingham player made the challenge into a fowl by 5h1thousing and the hapless Mason bought it. 

If anything the tackle was just a typical Sam Hutchinson tackle

Owlstalk Shop

24 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Absolutely. 

But he hasn’t cost us the season.

I’m going to defend the lad because he’ll be hurting more than anyone.

He’s 19. Doesn’t deserve the vile abuse he will be getting from middle aged men on social media right now

It was a stupid thing to do, more stupid than the tackle he made against Reading for which you called him an idiot. He deserves any criticism which comes his way on that basis. When the criticism turns to abuse though I completely agree with you. Not sure what people hope to achieve by directing bile at players on social media. 

22 minutes ago, morganowl said:

he is 19 not 12 . he has made a mans decision to leave our club for more money ,he did same against reading aint it about time he learnt? he has cost us 3-4 points now this season through his idiotic challenges in no mans land. id excuse him if he was bringing a player down what stopped a 1-1 with keeper etc but both red cards cannot be excused because he is 19. 

Amazing 

Just now, @owlstalk said:

If anything the tackle was just a typical Sam Hutchinson tackle

Hutchinson made a stronger and, arguably, more dangerous tackle later but Mason either missed it or bottled it because he made a mistake with Shaw’s tackle. 

What I can’t understand is, if Shaw’s tackle merited a card, why wasn’t it a straight red. The fact is that Lee Mason had a shocker. Shaw got sent off for two yellows that shouldn’t have been cards at all. Mason needs to take a step back and think about how he raffles our game because he made some bad decisions. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Are you justfying that it's OK to abuse him based on that statement? 

he is a stupid fool who is a liability . the most stupid 2 sending offs this season , i would never abuse him like some do but he has to expect massive stick for those 2 sendings off . does the manager have to tell him on a yellow card dont lunge in and cost us the game? we are a club heading for league 2 said this since october. 

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

It was a stupid thing to do, more stupid than the tackle he made against Reading for which you called him an idiot. He deserves any criticism which comes his way on that basis. When the criticism turns to abuse though I completely agree with you. Not sure what people hope to achieve by directing bile at players on social media. 

Just feel more sorry for him this time in the circumstances. Especially after the Celtic news. 

We essentially agree so not sure why you’re singling out my posts

2 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Hutchinson made a stronger and, arguably, more dangerous tackle later but Mason either missed it or bottled it because he made a mistake with Shaw’s tackle. 

What I can’t understand is, if Shaw’s tackle merited a card, why wasn’t it a straight red. The fact is that Lee Mason had a shocker. Shaw got sent off for two yellows that shouldn’t have been cards at all. Mason needs to take a step back and think about how he raffles our game because he made some bad decisions. 

*”Refs” not “raffles” bloody auto-correct. 

4 minutes ago, morganowl said:

he is a stupid fool who is a liability . the most stupid 2 sending offs this season , i would never abuse him like some do but he has to expect massive stick for those 2 sendings off . does the manager have to tell him on a yellow card dont lunge in and cost us the game? we are a club heading for league 2 said this since october. 

Massive stick??? Is that not abuse? No Point hammering the kid now. Nobody has the right to hammer abuse out. 

Tbh I don't care what league we are in, or heading, club will always be here in some form or another. 

Even if our chairman goes full scorched earth. 

Edited by Maddogbob