Liam shaw

Guest The Claw
2 hours ago, morganowl said:

your not john pearson are you? was bordering on a straight red . 100% 2nd yellow the lad is thick as sh*te doing that challenge 

na! are you a modern day ref

10 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Some pathetic posts in this thread blaming Shaw. 

He won the ball cleanly.ir wasn't even a foul, nay  mind a card. Pathetic, joke of a decision. You should be pointing the finger where it belongs, at the  ref. Worst decision I have seen for many years. 

It wasn’t a foul in 1993, but in today’s game that’s a yellow card all day long.

People can say “the game’s gone” until they’re blue on the face (and they’re probably right) but going in like that with studs showing (whether you win the ball or not) has been a booking for over 10 years now.

Liam Shaw has grown up in the world where this is a booking and to dive in like that, in that area of the pitch and on a booking was f**king stupid to put it mildly.

Without a doubt he’s the reason we didn’t get anything out of today’s game.

Edited by TrickyTrev
  • Like 5

20 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

It wasn’t a foul in 1993, but in today’s game that’s a yellow card all day long.

People can say “the game’s gone” until they’re blue on the face (and they’re probably right) but going in like that with studs showing (whether you win the ball or not) has been a booking for over 10 years now.

Liam Shaw has grown up in the world where this is a booking and to dive in like that, in that area of the pitch and on a booking was f**king stupid to put it mildly.

Without a doubt he’s the reason we didn’t get anything out of today’s game.

'Games Gone' references for tackles like that are about as outdated as people like Tony Pulis. Like it or not, the rules have been set in stone for a long time that you are going to get into trouble if your trailing leg takes out the opponent after the ball has gone. His challenge lacked control and left himself open to a 2nd booking, only himself to blame.

1 hour ago, KcebSWFC11 said:

Shaw wanted to make darn sure he got noticed in a game that was passing him by. An arrogant decision by someone who knows all football teams struggle to win a game with only 10 men.  If today was the last game of the season & the loss got us relegated, I don’t care if it was a mistake, it would be his fault

I’ve not read tripe like that since I finished the da Vinci code.

• Like 1

People blaming him for our coming relegation are talking nonsense.  We will not be relegated due to one game.  We might be relegated because we have a 6 point deduction to make up, or because we are on our 3rd manager albeit temporary.  But Liam Shaws decision today will not be the cause.

With regards to today in my opinion the first yellow was not even a foul.  The second incident, while in my view innocuous, the way the game is going could be considered a yellow.  Liam Shaw like everyone else will learn by gaining experience and making mistakes that’s how it works.
To say he shouldn’t be playing is also a comment without any real understanding.  He is a professional footballer who will do his best for the team he has supported all his life, while ever he is employed by them, and that looks as though it may be longer than we thought earlier this week. 

Sith a bit of luck he will continue to be a Wednesday player for some years to come and his career will continue to develop 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KcebSWFC11 said:

Shaw wanted to make darn sure he got noticed in a game that was passing him by. An arrogant decision by someone who knows all football teams struggle to win a game with only 10 men.  If today was the last game of the season & the loss got us relegated, I don’t care if it was a mistake, it would be his fault

Good early contender for the most ridiculous post of the year. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

'Games Gone' references for tackles like that are about as outdated as people like Tony Pulis. Like it or not, the rules have been set in stone for a long time that you are going to get into trouble if your trailing leg takes out the opponent after the ball has gone. His challenge lacked control and left himself open to a 2nd booking, only himself to blame.

Even Pulis acknowledged you can’t tackle like he did the first red these days. Same for the second 

I think it’s rubbish but don’t take the risk

4 minutes ago, malek said:

If someone of Bannan's stature made that tackle it wouldn't been a bookings. 

3 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

I was actually thinking the same 

Perhaps, but the lad has to engage his brain. 

The Brum player wasn't going anywhere. 

There is a time and a place to dive in and he's done it in a stupid position and when already on a yellow. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

What will relegate us is the -6 points the chairman got us.

Losing to Birmingham won’t be the reason. Don’t be daft.

Losing games like today’s is what will get us relegated. The -6 points means we need to win at least 2 more games than 3 other teams. The objective is clear & the players should take their share of accountability. The opportunity of winning today’s game was gone when the red card came out