Liam shaw

38 minutes ago, malek said:

Their player blocks free kick, not booked. Their player worming up stops our throw in on purpose and no one gets booked. 

The difference is their players were straight into the refs ear when Shaw made the foul while ours just roll over and let the opposition take the p**s without contesting.

1 minute ago, Dot said:

possibly

or maybe he is just a very naive footballer who needs to learn

but is not going to learn much more when he leaves and doesn't play many more games until he's loaned out to falkirk

I can see you’re trying to push the narrative towards you being bitter that he might be off to Celtic

But Im not biting 

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I can see you’re trying to push the narrative towards you being bitter that he might be off to Celtic

But Im not biting 

lol

Not at all

I felt the first yellow was harsh

but the fact is he was on a yellow card when he made that stupid tackle that got him sent off

enjoy falkirk

he's played what? 17/18 games for us?

he's been banned for 4 now (or is it 5 for the second red card of the season)

so roughly 20% of games available he cant play because of discipline, he's not going to learn that at Falkirk is he

6 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

Been nice having you son. 

Call me naive but that is very suspicious so as to not be playing for next 3 games. Needless red card, defender going nowhere. 

that's an awful thing to say he's just a young lad who showed his inexperience

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Bloke I work with knows the Shaw family well and this is what he told me today..No reason whatsoever, not to believe him..And I never claim to be ITK.

‘Alright mate, he said they offered him a 1 year contract but agent said no way as he's made 20 appearances, so they offered a 2 year one but it was shyte money & said if he didn't sign he wouldn't play‘...

there’s probably holes in that but that’s what was passed in from Liams family

5 hours ago, devonshire owl said:

Would you have the same opinion if that tackle had been made on one of our players.

An almost identical challenge was made on Windass just prior to Shaw’s tackle. Birmingham’s 5h1thousing got Shaw sent off. The ball was there for Shaw to win and it was a good clean tackle. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fatzooma said:

Bloke I work with knows the Shaw family well and this is what he told me today..No reason whatsoever, not to believe him..And I never claim to be ITK.

‘Alright mate, he said they offered him a 1 year contract but agent said no way as he's made 20 appearances, so they offered a 2 year one but it was shyte money & said if he didn't sign he wouldn't play‘...

Well thats obviously bull

how many appearances has he made

and he hasnt signed a contract but is still starting

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dot said:

Not at all

I felt the first yellow was harsh

but the fact is he was on a yellow card when he made that stupid tackle that got him sent off

enjoy falkirk

But let consider dynamic of situation where we pressed them hard and wanted to win ball high up the pitch and where Shaw was first one to react with what (in my opinion) was a fair tackle. 

What I want to say is that he didn't just threw himself in a radnom tackle our of sheer frustration, but tried to win a ball in situation where couple of our players already comnited. 

5 minutes ago, fatzooma said:

So can we infer from that statement that he’s signed an extension with us?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dot said:

Well thats obviously bull

how many appearances has he made

and he hasnt signed a contract but is still starting

Like I said..I’ve never claimed to be ITK but  the guy knows the Shaw family...and I did say theres probably holes In that..mainly because the guy isn’t really into football and hasn’t relayed the story properly. What I gleaned from it though was the fact that there’s been some mis management In terms of nailing a contract...

Have some respect and don’t just come in being a f’ckin smart arse

5 minutes ago, shandypants said:

So can we infer from that statement that he’s signed an extension with us?

Dunno mate? It all sounded like he’s been shafted a bit and rightly spat the dummy out? I’ll grip him again and see what else he knows.

42 minutes ago, fatzooma said:

Like I said..I’ve never claimed to be ITK but  the guy knows the Shaw family...and I did say theres probably holes In that..mainly because the guy isn’t really into football and hasn’t relayed the story properly. What I gleaned from it though was the fact that there’s been some mis management In terms of nailing a contract...

Have some respect and don’t just come in being a f’ckin smart arse

its not about being a smart arse, you really just posted bullshit.

you'd think that the family might know how many games he's played and that he's started the last two games.

If your mate can't even get the facts right, I doubt he can get the speculation right

21 minutes ago, Derick Mills said:

I've watched that tackle times many what the f--k was wrong with it , the only thing that got Shaw sent off was that Birmingham W----er rolling around like he had been snipered Shaw never touched him

I agree that in football they should never be book able offences and it was a proper challenge 

But my gripe is 80 yards from goal, their player facing the touchline going nowhere, 41 minutes to play when you’re on a yellow, why take that risk.

Best case, you fly in and they get a throw in. That’s the best outcome 

Worst case, you get it slightly wrong and you’re down to 10 men in a 6 pointer for 41 mins plus injury time. 

That’s why he shouldn’t have done it. It was needless to take that risk for no gain.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

I agree that in football they should never be book able offences and it was a proper challenge 

But my gripe is 80 yards from goal, their player facing the touchline going nowhere, 41 minutes to play when you’re on a yellow, why take that risk.

Best case, you fly in and they get a throw in. That’s the best outcome 

Worst case, you get it slightly wrong and you’re down to 10 men in a 6 pointer for 41 mins plus injury time. 

That’s why he shouldn’t have done it. It was needless to take that risk for no gain.

Well we'll have to agree to disagree I think it was a good challenge he got the ball the ref got it wrong