Liam shaw

9 minutes ago, KcebSWFC11 said:

Losing games like today’s is what will get us relegated. The -6 points means we need to win at least 2 more games than 3 other teams. The objective is clear & the players should take their share of accountability. The opportunity of winning today’s game was gone when the red card came out

Yes but it won’t cost us the season. Red cards happen all the time in football. 

He’s cost us the game. That’s it.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Yes but it won’t cost us the season. Red cards happen all the time in football. 

He’s cost us the game. That’s it.

He hasn’t cost us the game 

Poor team selection, tactics and motivation has cost us the game 

• Like 1

Just now, hugeowl said:

He hasn’t cost us the game 

Poor team selection, tactics and motivation has cost us the game 

I have to put my captain hindsight cap on and agree with this

In an ideal world Liam Shaw wouldn't even be getting a look into the first team either if we'd recruited 

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2021-02-20 at 22.10.35.jpg

Screenshot 2021-02-20 at 22.10.46.jpg

Screenshot 2021-02-20 at 22.11.01.jpg

Screenshot 2021-02-20 at 22.11.08.jpg

Screenshot 2021-02-20 at 22.11.32.jpg

Screenshot 2021-02-20 at 22.11.45.jpg

This is some of our own fans messaging one of our own players on their Twitter timeline

That's an absolute disgrace. 

If he's still considering a contract offer from us that's really not going to help.

Beggars belief.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2021-02-20 at 22.10.35.jpg

Screenshot 2021-02-20 at 22.10.46.jpg

Screenshot 2021-02-20 at 22.11.01.jpg

Screenshot 2021-02-20 at 22.11.08.jpg

Screenshot 2021-02-20 at 22.11.32.jpg

Screenshot 2021-02-20 at 22.11.45.jpg

This is some of our own fans messaging one of our own players on their Twitter timeline

Sadly it's so predictable.

Things at the club are so toxic that the second anyone can pin blame they can do. Had Shaw signed a contract with us, this reaction wouldn't have happened... but because he's seemingly off, he's an easy target because fans can just view him as an outsider. It's easier to blame outsiders. I would go as far as speculating that not one of those people have been even 2% as accusatory or inflammatory to Chansiri, because he isn't an "outsider"... he is the club, and that's much more difficulty to critique when your loyalty specs are on.

Fact is, this is the reaction that Wednesday fans are giving to a life-long Wednesdayite that's committed two fouls that even five years ago wouldn't have been given as fouls. 

Pathetic really, and as sad an indictment of our direction as a club as any we have seen recently.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Sadly it's so predictable.

Things at the club are so toxic that the second anyone can pin blame they can do. Had Shaw signed a contract with us, this reaction wouldn't have happened... but because he's seemingly off, he's an easy target because fans can just view him as an outsider. It's easier to blame outsiders. I would go as far as speculating that not one of those people have been even 2% as accusatory or inflammatory to Chansiri, because he isn't an "outsider"... he is the club, and that's much more difficulty to critique when your loyalty specs are on.

Fact is, this is the reaction that Wednesday fans are giving to a life-long Wednesdayite that's committed two fouls that even five years ago wouldn't have been given as fouls. 

Pathetic really, and as sad an indictment of our direction as a club as any we have seen recently.

I get all that, I really do.

But In my opinion there no excuse for that kind of abuse of a 19 year old kid.

Full stop.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

No! This was crucial and we’ve lost it because of an idiot who could t care less cos he’s ******** off to Scotland. Poor management. New manager in tomorrow please.

I think you’ll find we lost it because the team were rubbish for 90 minutes, as tends to be the case these days.  Plenty of teams dig in and get a point when reduced to 10 men, some even nick a win.  But not us, we lack the balls for a fight.  

It may have been an idiotic challenge to make, but I think it’s out of order to suggest Shaw doesn’t care.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I have literally no idea how you've interpreted my post, because I've said exactly the same thing as you have? lol 

Yeah, I know. I wasn't aiming anything at you or suggesting you endorsed this kind of behaviour in any way,  it just felt a bit like a list of excuses or reasons why people might act like that. 

Stuff like this turns my stomach and really makes me wonder where we are going as a society.

• Like 1

Having watched this back again I think the first one was a dive, plain and simple.  Someone should look at that and take retrospective action as this cheating led directly to Shaw being sent off.  Do I think anything will happen, absolutely not. but it’s a shame because diving and random / inconsistent use of VAR is a blight on the game.

Did it really cost us though?  Sadly, I tend to agree with the pundits that it had no real impact on the game and Wednesday wouldn’t have won with 12 men.  Woeful indeed!