Liam shaw

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Same people abusing him for getting sent off will be the same people who says he’s not bothered anymore.

Lad made an over enthusiastic challenge, inexperienced and he got punished for it. If anything that type of challenge shows he cares.

Feel for him tonight.

lol

Youre going to defend him whatever aren’t you.

Looks like he’ll be teaching Scott Brown a thing or 2. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BIG D said:

lol

Youre going to defend him whatever aren’t you.

Looks like he’ll be teaching Scott Brown a thing or 2. 

I am going to defend him because he’s still a young lad. And the Celtic thing will amplify that mistake and attract even more abuse than he would ordinarily receive for a red card.

He’s cost us this game for sure. But he won’t be the reason we’re relegated.

2 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

This is when young players need a proper manager in, he is known for flying in, still needs to learn but Thompson is to blame for keeping him on for me, although Shaw should be kept out of the side from now on for me.

That ultimately falls on the owner.

Chansiri sacked the last manager after 10 games and we have now had more games than that under the leadership of someone who has never managed at this level and prior to this season has been an academy coach for years, during the midst of a relegation battle. Just meandering towards the drop with a 'see how it goes' attitude to giving a novice this vital job. 

1 minute ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

He shouldn't have been in the squad today. Too much of a distraction and Thompson should have taken him out of the limelight 

Unfortunately I think you’re right. I wanted Shaw to play because I think he improves us.

But thinking about it. The attention has all been on him this week. He was probably being too committed to show he still cares and wants to do well. 

Resulted in a red card. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I am going to defend him because he’s still a young lad. And the Celtic thing will amplify that mistake and attract even more abuse than he would ordinarily receive for a red card.

He’s cost us this game for sure. But he won’t be the reason we’re relegated.

At least he has answered the question , should he picked, absolutely not at the moment,

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

That ultimately falls on the owner.

Chansiri sacked the last manager after 10 games and we have now had more games than that under the leadership of someone who has never managed at this level and prior to this season has been an academy coach for years, during the midst of a relegation battle. Just meandering towards the drop with a 'see how it goes' attitude to giving a novice this vital job. 

Yep totally agree .

1 minute ago, zzmdu said:

No it's not, his trailing leg comes through & takes the man out, but not with enough force to serious foul play.

So why the yellow card?

Not every foul is a yellow. He’s won the ball cleanly and caught the player with his follow through which is out of his control. 

• Haha 1

Hes not the reason (if) we go down and he's not the reason we lost this game. 90 minutes of harris running into pedersen and everyone else kicking the ball into touch is clearly not going to win a game. Everything about this game from a Wednesday perspective has been ******** poor. That said sheffield wednesday shouldn't be the avenue to for Liam Shaw to make his mistakes anymore. We need to stay up, not aid his development.

• Like 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
16 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

No the season will result in relegation. Not this game. 

No! This was crucial and we’ve lost it because of an idiot who could t care less cos he’s ******** off to Scotland. Poor management. New manager in tomorrow please.