Sheffield Wednesday players Fitness update

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Jack Marriott - not at the club until Monday   -   Disastrous Loan

Andre Green - not able to play this weekend   -   Strange signing

Luongo - not able to play this weekend    -      Sicknote , need to offload

Joost Van Aken - A long way away from being fit        Gone in Summer , thankfully
Odubajo - Weeks away from being fit    -    Gone in Summer

FDB - Needs more fitness training     -    Man City`s version of Jimmy Smith !!!!

Izzy Brown - Needs more fitness training    -   Appalling condition for a pro footballer...........bit Like Nuhiu for the majority of his time with us.  

58 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The Andre Green signing totally baffled me at the time

What I found more weird is our fans fawning over the announcement

He'd been unemployed for months, and his signing announcement video interview sounded like he had no idea why we'd given him a ring to come and play for us

lol

Yep, shock, we sign someone who hasnt played any football for months and they get an injury...who'd have seen that coming! 😄  

The weirdest bit for me is he didn't sign in the summer.....but then does in January. Waiting out for a better option maybe that never came? 

TBH i think we're on borrowed time with Hutchinson as well, I cant quite believe he's gone from very little to all the games in a row. FFS. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Jack Marriott - not at the club until Monday

Andre Green - not able to play this weekend

Luongo - not able to play this weekend

Joost Van Aken - A long way away from being fit
Odubajo - Weeks away from being fit

FDB - Needs more fitness training

Izzy Brown - Needs more fitness training

Frozen out , all bad eggs! 

• Haha 1

Would someone like to ask whether leader Dunkley is fit ( taken off to awful effect vs Stoke...just look at that goal on Sky or Quest..dreadful defending) whether Windass is fit ( never mind fitting him in , just allow him to come for Harris) and whether Rhodes isn’t fit enough for 95 mins ( strikers score late vs tired defences) . Awful team management vs Stoke..got to look forward I know but still seething. 

• Like 1

Theyre players who signed for a club in a relegation battle that is struggling financially and can’t pay much wages

We are lucky that any player will come 

Yeah, they should be rewarded! 

:ghoulguy:

2 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

How long does it take for someone to actually get match fit? Brown has been visibly unfit for months and months! 
Surely daily shuttle runs, interval training etc should get someone with a reasonable level of fitness up to speed in a couple of months not half a bloomin year! 

The Fiss and Brown news is the really concerning stuff - they've both been here since August or September. What exactly is our training regime if it can't keep uninjured players at a baseline level of match fitness?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm surprised this is out there, it gives Birmingham a bit of an advantage, not much, but a bit.

Where did you get the info?

4 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Jack Marriott - why did we sign him ?

Andre Green - very weird signing. Don’t play wingers and could have signed in summer ?

Luongo - very frustrating 

Joost Van Aken - Won’t see him again 
Odubajo - As above

FDB - Get him out on loan no where near first team ready

Izzy Brown - just wow. 

Marriott, we needed strikers, he's supposed to be one. To be honest I don't really know if he's ever been good or bad. He's never made much of an impression on me.

Green, he was very good at one stage. We play Harris and Reach wide, maybe we wanted to do the same with Green. I presume he's just not fit or he's injured.

Van Aken, I'll be heartbroken when he leaves, (who is he?)

Odubajo, I think he was dreadful but he's improved loads and worth his place. I'd sign him again although I accept I might be on my own in that respect.

FDB, not first team ready, a loan might be the best option for him. I think there's a player in there.

Brown. He's been quality elsewhere, no sign of it here. I don't think we use him right. I don't think you can have him and Bannan in the same midfield.

6 hours ago, GMOwl72 said:

Sounds like Luongo and Green’s mums’ have sent a letter in excusing them from PE!
WTF does ‘not able to play this weekend’ mean? Have they got a Birthday party to go too or summat?

Presume it means not fully over their injuries

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

TBH i think we're on borrowed time with Hutchinson as well, I cant quite believe he's gone from very little to all the games in a row.

He'd be ok if he was playing at the back but he can't get around the pitch for 90 mins...you can see an injury coming up

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Blatter said:

Why do two players who’ve been at the club all season need more fitness training before they can play.

Five months does seem rather a long time to get fit does it not?

Yep training 5 days a week for months should get anyone fit. I don't buy it that they're not fit, not match sharp perhaps as they're not getting game time.