Reachy and bazza..how will they be looked backed on??

Guest Therealrealist

The two distinct differences between them is whether he played well or had a stinker, we won or lost Bannan comes across as though  he cared and wanted to be here. Where as with Reach I don't get that specially 

this season, he seems to be going through the motions, look at the lack of celebration for his goal at Blackburn.

I also believe Bannan had developed into a better player during his time here, were as Reach to me is still the same player we signed 5 years ago which is a player with great potential, but ultimately will never achieve with us. Say what you want about Atty, lee and Hutchinson they always came across as they would sweat blood for the club even if they had less talent. That's why these player have a sort of admiration or even cult status at our club, where as people like Reach and others will soon be forgotten unfortunately 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

No doubt these two are offskiz at the end of the season..how will 5hey be remembered?

Bazza...not quite a legend but he can leave with his head held high...the best of a crap bunch by a country mile?

Reach....I like him...bit nesh but he’s always available ..never injured..mus5 have played more minutes than anybody over last few years..and that goal after 16 seconds at villa is one of my highlites of the decade

No bitterness from me...good look to both of em💯

PS..sorry for the long post. :duntmatter:

Bot5 a bi6 coc7, Banno3'1 worldlie9 and Reach'6 neshin8

leave'5 a lo7 t0 b3 desire9.

Bannan has been a very good signing, compared to others cost very little always available and I would imagine he could have moved on if he wanted.

Reach has been very inconsistent very much a 1 good game in 3 type and as @robowl4lifehas said no as good a winger as an aging Wallace.

Both have been part of a team that has fluffed its lines for 3 seasons, time to start the rebuild at the end of the season.

We’re gonna notice a quality drop off when Bannan leaves that’s for sure.

We always needed players around him to compensate for his weaknesses, it’s not his fault we didn’t do that properly. 

A big ball winning CM in the playoff seasons would have made a huge difference and still would now. It’s like having a good QB but not being arsed to get any decent defenders around him. 

Reach wasn’t really a core part of our best XI in the play off seasons, but we absolutely killed him playing him all over the shop. When FF left or wasn’t around, Reach should have been left wing and that’s that.

Will probably move on and do really well in the championship 

• Like 1

Bannan - a good player in a team full of misfits...I almost feel sorry for him, he could do well in a team that has got players that are half decent.

Reach will not be remembered for anything apart from the odd spectacular goal and how weak he can be during play ...but I wouldn't be surprised if he went somewhere and turned into a great player.

Some players need good players, managers and tactics to suit their style to get them going ...e.g Lucas Joào.

His manager from Preston summed Reach up - a decent player but I think an extra zero was added to the transfer fee

Bannan tbf is the best player we’ve had since the prem days, should have left years ago for a better footballing team he’s wasted his career here really

• Haha 2

I unfortunately started following Wednesday when we got relegated from the PL, so Bannan for me is one of the best players I’ve seen at Hillsborough. I really enjoy watching him play at times. When he’s on it, he’s up there with the best in the league imo. 

reach Ill have respect for, and will remember him, as some of his goals he’s scored for us are outrageous. 

Reach and Bannan have both been available for most games in their time here, which is a massive plus when comparing to other players.

Reach is just an average championship player, I don't mean that disrespectful.

Bannan's work rate in most games is to be admired but playing through him constantly letting him dictate how we play has been a problem for us, when he has a average game or a player sits on him, the team suffers. Not his fault but in the last two seasons we have over relied on him. I personally will be glad when we have a clear out in the summer (hopefully )

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paul.. said:

How does that define loyalty? Bannan renewed his contract when his stock was really high in 2018, he could easily have decided to move on to bigger and better things then, or at any other point he could have asked to be listed etc. etc.

Wages?length of contract?(same thing really)...doesn't equate to 'loyalty' automatically in my book....if a player chooses to stay Now if we get relegated and players have to accept a much lower wage to get a contract,that could be argued as loyalty if they stay...

2 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

It’s just a turned into a player bashing thread. 

Hope you like their replacements. 

?? Why shouldn't they be critiqued? they are part of a squad of players taking this Club towards relegation,who have been here years on great contracts,& made allegedly Millions.....

All they represent to me is failure     

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sticky Micky said:

Nearly men 

Both looked promising in their first seasons here

But got worse time after time 

Reach could have played at a higher level but doesn't have the determination to get there 

Bannan is majorly overrated 

Can't get in Scotland team, which says it all really 

4 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think they will be looked back on as decent Championship players and also rarely injured.

2 of the better players that was part of a side that was a bit of a missed opportunity.

Nowhere near legends or the other phrase that is one of my pet hate 'Great Servants To Club' when we have made then financially secure for 3 of 4 lifetime.

These two posts sum up my own feelings pretty well.

For me, both players will be missed as two of our better and more creative footballers.  Can’t believe people are still going on about Reach’s inability to tackle, it is what it is and he would still start every game for me (if played out wide).  Once people see their replacements next season I think Bannan and Reach will be appreciated a little more for what they brought to the club.

• Like 1

Bannan - been great for us over the years , can’t fault his commitment; or effort and has a lot of quality , especially considering he was a free transfer too, up there in top few players 

reach - one of those who can have 89 minutes without really doing anything , doesn’t like a tackle or a 50-50 , can seem very anonymous , then score a beauty or a put a worldly cross in once every now and again , make a perfect YouTube compilation! But overall has been a decent player for us despite very frustrating moments weekly , 

• Like 1

Playing through Bannan all the time means the others dont have to take  responsibility for any creative play , not even the odd free kick or corner - not that he is much better than the rest of them at that . He is a major influence for the team and that is why when things dont work for him they dont work for the team . There is no-one else capable of picking up that role in midfield . Yes he would be hugely missed.

Reach ? - cant tackle a paper bag . Play him in centre midfield ? What for ? Play him out wide ? Why ? He doesnt have lightning pace , occasionally skips round an opponent , can put in good crosses , and yes gets the occasional worldy . He runs around a lot , to little effect , and his pointing has come on no end but if he does move on , I wont miss him

• Like 1