Reachy and bazza..how will they be looked backed on??

Guest Therealrealist

Neither are legends. Both have been consistently good players for us, Bannan consistently more so but ultimately neither were good enough to help us go up and when we look back, we've been poor and on decline ever since the play off near misses. Our recruitment as been poor ever since Wembley, when we had the chance we should've got funds for our best players, reinvested in younger players or players on the rise from the lower leagues, like numerous other clubs at this level.

Proper legends for me are the likes of Waddle; Sheridan, Hirst, Nilsson, Springett, Fantham, D Megson, Dooley, Robinson, Rimmer, Blenkinsop, Crawshaw, Spiksley and A Wilson, etc. Players that achieved things whilst with us or played at the highest level whilst with us or internationally, etc. Although both Bannan and Reach have been among our best players the past few years, and among our best players since relegation from the top flight, I don't think either are good enough to be mentioned as legends or among any of the players I mentioned above. That's even despite, liking both of them and considering them among our best current players. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Gresh said:

Bannan will be fondly remembered as a great Wednesday player. Reach unfortunately will be remembered as a guy that didn'tr fulfill his potential.

I won’t remember Bannan as a great Wednesday player. I will remember Nilsson, Sheridan, Waddle, Walker as great players. I will remember Sterland, Chapman, Pearson as great players. 
Bannan has been decent, a good technician who I like due to his affinity for the club. He’s had to endure 2 of the worst managers in our history and he’s continued to perform and give his best. I admire him for that. 
On his day a match winner but a liability against quick, powerful and athletic opponents. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Neither are legends. Both have been consistently good players for us, Bannan consistently more so but ultimately neither were good enough to help us go up and when we look back, we've been poor and on decline ever since the play off near misses. Our recruitment as been poor ever since Wembley, when we had the chance we should've got funds for our best players, reinvested in younger players or players on the rise from the lower leagues, like numerous other clubs at this level.

Proper legends for me are the likes of Waddle; Sheridan, Hirst, Nilsson, Springett, Fantham, D Megson, Dooley, Robinson, Rimmer, Blenkinsop, Crawshaw, Spiksley and A Wilson, etc. Players that achieved things whilst with us or played at the highest level whilst with us or internationally, etc. Although both Bannan and Reach have been among our best players the past few years, and among our best players since relegation from the top flight, I don't think either are good enough to be mentioned as legends or among any of the players I mentioned above. That's even despite, liking both of them and considering them among our best current players. 

I think it is harsh to say that Bannan and Reach weren’t good enough to get us promoted. I believe they were, but poor tactics ( particularly) at home to Huddersfield cost us, not Bannan or Reach.

Thats like me saying Waddle wasn’t  good enough to help us win the FA cup in 1993 

Reach or Bannan have been the top assister for us since 2015/16 and have both been in the top 3 assisters in all those seasons. 

Anyone who thinks they don't contribute is either an idiot or has some sort of agenda against them.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Minton said:

Reach or Bannan have been the top assister for us since 2015/16 and have both been in the top 3 assisters in all those seasons. 

Anyone who thinks they don't contribute is either an idiot or has some sort of agenda against them.

Makes me laugh comments like this.That's what they are in the team for. They are our creative players. But they clearly don't create enough.

Paterson and Windass are our two top scorers , that doesn't mean they're doing great either.

Bannan has 4 assists this season and Reach has 2. Considering that Bannan takes almost every set piece it's not a great return is it? Both have comfortably played more minutes than anyone else in the squad. Reach has one more assist than Tom Lees and the same amount as Harris and Kachunga who have had far less game time.

No agenda and clearly not the idiot here.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Emilianenko said:

Makes me laugh comments like this.That's what they are in the team for. They are our creative players. But they clearly don't create enough.

Paterson and Windass are our two top scorers , that doesn't mean they're doing great either.

Bannan has 4 assists this season and Reach has 2. Considering that Bannan takes almost every set piece it's not a great return is it? Both have comfortably played more minutes than anyone else in the squad. Reach has one more assist than Tom Lees and the same amount as Harris and Kachunga who have had far less game time.

No agenda and clearly not the idiot here.

Yet the previous seasons they've reached double figures. 

It's almost as if the tactics and quality of the forwards have had an impact...

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Minton said:

Reach has got double figures once and so has Bannan. Reach 17/18 under CC and Jos . His other figures have been 3,4,7 and 6. So blaming tactics is not a good excuse. 
Bannan has reached double figures once only too in 18/19 . They both average 6.2 assists over the last 5 seasons. Maybe they aren’t as good as some try and make out.

8 hours ago, Minton said:

Bit of truth in this tbh.

The athletic did an article last season and Bannan was second in the Championship of "chances created" list behind Matheus Pereira.

It's hard to create an assist when the striker(s) who is relied on to put it in the net is not the best.

I think Bannan is definitely in our top two/three players in the squad which obviously isn't much to write home about.

He stood out more over the seasons as the squad has declined in quality. He has the ability to influence games but never has done it enough.

Will always look back fondly of his time here tho.

Guest OrlandoUnTrustful

Weak, expensive, nesh and overhyped.

Lee, Hutchinson, Wallace and Forestieri made them look far better than what they are. 

Since our better players have departed they have looked distinctly average like the rest of the tripe that’s here now.

Reach, Bannan, Lees and Luongo (injury prone) have to go in the summer regardless of our relegation.

It’s just sheep following sheep now on the Bannan and Reach hate innit 

All these footballing experts suggesting they’re rubbish, overpaid, overhyped

Yet put the actual stats and facts in front of them that prove otherwise and they try and squirm some nonsensical excuses and made up fairy stories to justify them still being able to hate these two players

I don’t get it

Why is it so fashionable to just copy hate for Bannan and Reach and just post complaint and criticism and hate when every single absolute fact says they’re two of our best players??

Proper weird and sad to see so many bandwagon jumpers

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

17 hours ago, Emilianenko said:

I expect all outfield players to make tackles especially midfielders 

Not wingers, I couldn’t really care less how many tackles he puts in as I’m not looking at that.

It’s like being annoyed at a full back for not scoring enough goals 

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It’s just sheep following sheep now on the Bannan and Reach hate innit 

All these footballing experts suggesting they’re rubbish, overpaid, overhyped

Yet put the actual stats and facts in front of them that prove otherwise and they try and squirm some nonsensical excuses and made up fairy stories to justify them still being able to hate these two players

I don’t get it

Why is it so fashionable to just copy hate for Bannan and Reach and just post complaint and criticism and hate when every single absolute fact says they’re two of our best players??

Proper weird and sad to see so many bandwagon jumpers

What are these facts?