Reachy and bazza..how will they be looked backed on??

Guest Therealrealist

1 minute ago, Therealrealist said:

So you class them the same as abdi...Rhodes...winnall..mgoogan...urby...etc...have a day off from being a bell...they’ve achieved nothing but they’ve played every week for ffs

Yes exactly right..and having an opinion just makes me the same as you....nothing more...get over yourself...the 'bells' as you call them are all allegedly on the pitch...

2 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

No doubt these two are offskiz at the end of the season..how will 5hey be remembered?

Bazza...not quite a legend but he can leave with his head held high...the best of a crap bunch by a country mile?

Reach....I like him...bit nesh but he’s always available ..never injured..mus5 have played more minutes than anybody over last few years..and that goal after 16 seconds at villa is one of my highlites of the decade

No bitterness from me...good look to both of em💯

PS..sorry for the long post. :duntmatter:

Absolutely rubbish both of them ,reach 5million ????at least Bannan cost nowt

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nearly men 

Both looked promising in their first seasons here

But got worse time after time 

Reach could have played at a higher level but doesn't have the determination to get there 

Bannan is majorly overrated 

Can't get in Scotland team, which says it all really 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Think they will be looked back on as decent Championship players and also rarely injured.

2 of the better players that was part of a side that was a bit of a missed opportunity.

Nowhere near legends or the other phrase that is one of my pet hate 'Great Servants To Club' when we have made then financially secure for 3 of 4 lifetime.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Bannan will be looked on fondly as one of the best players in the best side of the 21st century for us.

Reach will not be, he wasn't part of that side. Inconsistent over expensive player.

Which of the two players do you think averages more assists per 90mins played for us? 

I’ll give you a clue, it’s not the one that takes all the corners or free kicks. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Derick Mills said:

How many clubs genuinely came in for him?

How does that define loyalty? Bannan renewed his contract when his stock was really high in 2018, he could easily have decided to move on to bigger and better things then, or at any other point he could have asked to be listed etc. etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The current issue is not that Bannan, Reach and Pessy individually can't tackle, more their collective inability to do so. 

And disappear out of sight when it gets tough. 

The number of poor passes that they make as well that directly leads to pressure on our defence. 

Guest Bulgaria

If Bannan returned to Hillsborough with another club he would get a very warm ovation.

Reach would get a few claps.

Says it all.

Atty or Kieran Lee returning would bring the whole stadium to it's feet.

17 minutes ago, mkowl said:

The current issue is not that Bannan, Reach and Pessy individually can't tackle, more their collective inability to do so. 

And disappear out of sight when it gets tough. 

The number of poor passes that they make as well that directly leads to pressure on our defence. 

I agree with this, but feel for Joey - he most likely earns a third or a quarter even if the other two but is judged equally. 

Whilst Reach & Bannan are undoubtedly two of our best players, we often come up against opposition midfields that outwork, outfight, outplay us and those midfields likely cost in total the amount we pay those two. We far from get value for money and paying those two 20-25k per week means that other areas of the squad are subpar to make up for it. 

Despite Reach being one of my favourite players I’d rather have a more well rounded midfield of lesser star quality but more competitive, complete players. I don’t want a quarterback passer that can’t tackle, shoot or head in my center mid position. Reach will be a star at his next team IMO, he’ll play out wide and have someone feed him the ball to do what he does best, create chances/goals from open play. 

• Like 1

History will remember Reach as an average Championship player for us who played in a poor Wednesday team but had a purple patch when he scored some out of this world goals.

Banan will be remembered fondly and as the years pass he will get better and better though the reality is he is not worthy to lace Sheridan’s boots.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

I agree with this, but feel for Joey - he most likely earns a third or a quarter even if the other two but is judged equally. 

Whilst Reach & Bannan are undoubtedly two of our best players, we often come up against opposition midfields that outwork, outfight, outplay us and those midfields likely cost in total the amount we pay those two. We far from get value for money and paying those two 20-25k per week means that other areas of the squad are subpar to make up for it. 

Despite Reach being one of my favourite players I’d rather have a more well rounded midfield of lesser star quality but more competitive, complete players. I don’t want a quarterback passer that can’t tackle, shoot or head in my center mid position. Reach will be a star at his next team IMO, he’ll play out wide and have someone feed him the ball to do what he does best, create chances/goals from open play. 

Fair points though I don't judge a player by his salary just what they do on the pitch.

I am just a huge believer that the midfield is the driver of the team. That the most successful teams have a dominant midfield, that the best teams I have seen with Wednesday have had that. Megson / Shelton, Palmer/ Sheridan.

Clearly you need a supporting cast around them, but without that engine room ticking on a consistent basis you get nowhere.

So Pelupessy simply is not good enough - but like Graham Hyde was a player that if needs must would do OK for a couple of games if needed