Reachy and bazza..how will they be looked backed on??

Guest Therealrealist

45 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Bannan is comfortably the best player we have had since the Italians in 98/99.

Gets so much stick its ridiculous but he always works, could have lost interest this season in a crap team but has always stated the desire he wants to stay and always tries to play his game. He loves the club because he plays every week and he knows he might not have done if he hadn't come here. He battles he runs he tackles and is the best player at the club by a country mile.

People slate him for not getting enough goals or assists and ye his numbers could be higher but that's why he at a lower league championship side. He's the player that gets us playing and ye he doesn't get the assists a quality number 10 does but look what happens when we miss with his position, we fall apart and never ever get playing.

He rarely drops below a 7, though admittedly Millwal was one of his poorest performances and the disrespect shown to him verges on the disgusting imo.

Antonio, Brunt & Whelan are better for starters. I would even say that Lee was a better performer than Bannan.

• Like 4

On 07/02/2021 at 09:50, Costello 77 said:

They haven't won anything so you can only really judge them on their worth.

Bannan has been good value for money.

Reach is a bit more difficult because of the big fee.

If he came on the same terms as Bannan then I'd call him a great signing.

But he didn't.

Good value for money?NO he didnt cost anything to get him to the Club,but how much has he cost in wages?..will run into millions even at a 'modest' 20 grand  a week,(as an example,probably on more)this is barely commented on....Thats the yardstick i feel our squad should be judged on,Yes we know footballers get looked after,but if you pay top dollar,you have a right to expect top dollar..(results)

Edited by parajack

5 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

People make up lies about Bannan and Reach. Poster proves they are not facts .Owlstalk can’t handle the truth .

Pretty much what's happened

I've just posted definitive facts

You've poo poo'd them because it doesn't fit your distorted twisted views and you' just gone 'yeah but.. but... but...'

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Bannan is top class and can be our best player by miles.

My issue with him, is he can play far too deep which leaves big holes in front of him (it's not as if there is that much quality in front of him most of the time) and by playing this deep we invite more pressure on to us.

We need someone to win the ball and then give it to him further up the pitch, this is when he is at his best. 

You can see his frustration sometimes and it's great wanting the ball, but not great having it 5 yards outside of our box all the time.

That said, he would be one of the first on the team sheet every week.

3 minutes ago, thesouthowl said:

Bannan is top class and can be our best player by miles.

My issue with him, is he can play far too deep which leaves big holes in front of him (it's not as if there is that much quality in front of him most of the time) and by playing this deep we invite more pressure on to us. 

That's nothing at all to do with Bannan and everything to do with the managers instructions

It's been proven over and over and over on here with stats provided by neutral third party statistical sites, that Barry Bannan is one of the top defensive midfielders and so I'm guessing the managers see the value in that and continue to play him where he plays

Maybe the issue isn't how deep he plays but how well/poorly those in front of him play

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

That's nothing at all to do with Bannan and everything to do with the managers instructions

It's been proven over and over and over on here with stats provided by neutral third party statistical sites, that Barry Bannan is one of the top defensive midfielders and so I'm guessing the managers see the value in that and continue to play him where he plays

Maybe the issue isn't how deep he plays but how well/poorly those in front of him play

Yes every time Baz kicks it into touch or doesn’t beat the first defender from a corner it’s because our other players aren’t good enough.

Just now, Emilianenko said:

Yes every time Baz kicks it into touch or doesn’t beat the first defender from a corner it’s because our other players aren’t good enough.

That's nothing to do with Bannan and everything to do with who the manager instructs to take the corner/set piece

See what you're doing here is loading all the worlds problems onto the wrong guy

Carry on though it really is giving us all a good laugh

lol

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That's nothing to do with Bannan and everything to do with who the manager instructs to take the corner/set piece

See what you're doing here is loading all the worlds problems onto the wrong guy

Carry on though it really is giving us all a good laugh

lol

Bannans  crap corners are nothing to do with Bannan. Lol

You keep telling everyone your right though.

• Like 2

Bannan has been among our best players consistently since the day he signed. He deserves appreciation for his contribution and will remember his time fondly.

I've never been a fan of Reach. Runs around a lot, can occasionally put in a cross or score a worldy, but goes missing in games more often than not and frustrates the life out of me by always turning back rather than running towards the opposition goal (which a few do to be fair). I'll remember some of his goals fondly, but otherwise forgettable.

5 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Bannans  crap corners are nothing to do with Bannan. Lol

You keep telling everyone your right though.

Oh dear...

So Bannan takes 10 bad corners on the trot

The manager tells him to take the next one
He does a bad corner

The manager tells him to do the next one

And the next one

And the next one

Bannan does 1567868 bad corners on the trot, never beats the first man  

The manager tells him to continue to the corner taker

So you blame Bannan

lol

OKAAYYYYYYYY THEN

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Bannan - good player who we did not see the best of due to being played against his strengths as opposed to his strengths.  A player who would have benefited having the right partner along side.

He'd benefit more from those trying too tell us he's rubbish just SHUTTING UP and supporting him instead

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Oh dear...

He does a bad corner

And the next one

And the next one

Bannan does 15678q68 bad corners

So you blame Bannan

lol

OKAAYYYYYYYY THEN

I thought I knew bad corners until one dark, rainy evening.....

FC3AA37A-5F50-4938-92F6-8EE1AD67243C.jpeg

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Oh dear...

He does a bad corner

And the next one

And the next one

Bannan does 1567868 bad corners on the trot, never beats the first man  

So you blame Bannan

lol

OKAAYYYYYYYY THEN

Is the manager taking the corners then?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He'd benefit more from those trying too tell us he's rubbish just SHUTTING UP and supporting him instead

I agree.  The sound of the abuse in those empty stadiums must be awful lol

Seriously, though, I get what you are saying and agree.  Support is better than abuse.  I also stand by my comment that if Bannan was played alongside a box-to-box destroyer and was given licence to be more creative, we would see a better Bannan.