Reachy and bazza..how will they be looked backed on??

Guest Therealrealist

More than anything it’s going to be strange when they are gone. 
Both are good players but their deficiencies are the reason they are with us and haven’t done a bit better with their careers. I will miss them both. There have been many, many games where Bannan has been so much better than any other player in a Blue and White shirt. No Bannan next season will be a real shock to the system! 
Reach is a decent player and always looks better when playing with other decent players. When the job at hand is grinding out results he can sometimes be a bit of a passenger. The non tackling thing is probably why he’s never injured. 
Some people really hate Reach which surprises me a bit. He will be an asset for some other club I’m sure. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

Amazed people are so obsessed with Reach’s (a winger) tackling 

Mind boggling 

This is why I don't get why everyone sees him at LWB. 50% of his job is to defend as LWB and he's a fairy.

He's a winger and nothing more. His ability to be pretty much below average as a utility player is his downfall.

2 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

Both Bannan and Reach were signed as attackers back in a time when we actually attacked. Pretty much for the past three years we’ve asked these attacking players to primarily defend. Their failings as players lay at our door.

So they've been martyrs for the last three years?

Bannan goes where it tickles his fancy and Reach follows his nose to the extent that there's always multiple posts asking where he's supposed to be playing.

Have another think about it?

• Like 1

When Reach first came he looked no better than someone from the reserves (U23's).  Then he improved in a decent team for a season.  Then he's gone back to his mediocre self.  For what we paid and the wages we've paid him he's been very, very poor value for money.

I cannot fault Bannans attitude, commitment and, on the whole, ability.  However his goalscoring has been abysmal, his corners and free kicks likewise.  I like him, he's an honest footballer, and has been better value than Reach, but still average value for money.

Neither of them will play above our level, nor will they ever again earn the stupid amounts we've paid them.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

Good post but we definitely had a problem on the left in 2016 that he was bought for.

We had FF who we should have stuck with, particularly after we'd given him a pay rise for his Norwich no-show.

I suspect CC was looking at changing the formation from a 4-4-2 that had served him well in 15/16 to wing backs, and Reach was brought in for left wing-back. Of course we also fetched in Emanuelson in the same position, which at the time I really couldn't fathom, but which now seems part of the dodgy agent deals.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Animis said:

We had FF who we should have stuck with, particularly after we'd given him a pay rise for his Norwich no-show.

I suspect CC was looking at changing the formation from a 4-4-2 that had served him well in 15/16 to wing backs, and Reach was brought in for left wing-back. Of course we also fetched in Emanuelson in the same position, which at the time I really couldn't fathom, but which now seems part of the dodgy agent deals.

Indeed. All of that but also that we needed quality in with a natural left foot....we were very one sided as I remember.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Indeed. All of that but also that we needed quality in with a natural left foot....we were very one sided as I remember.

I sort of got it but thought we needed to strengthen in other areas - central mid being the key. BB was playing left midfield at times during 15/16 with FF just in front. 

I think CC thought Pudil wouldn't be able to play left wing back hence he brought Reach in, who if I remember correctly was playing left wing back for Middlesbrough on loan.

He's never a winger - Harris is a winger, and not a wing back. This is the main problem with successive managers, in that they can't decided what our formation should be, and then we buy 'all rounders' who end up satisfying none.

• Like 1

Just now, Animis said:

I sort of got it but thought we needed to strengthen in other areas - central mid being the key. BB was playing left midfield at times during 15/16 with FF just in front. 

I think CC thought Pudil wouldn't be able to play left wing back hence he brought Reach in, who if I remember correctly was playing left wing back for Middlesbrough on loan.

He's never a winger - Harris is a winger, and not a wing back. This is the main problem with successive managers, in that they can't decided what our formation should be, and then we buy 'all rounders' who end up satisfying none.

Agree with the last paragraph completely.

But if Reach isn't a winger he's an inside left because he's never a wing back imo.

No player has scored better goals for the club than Reach. He has scored a few worldies. I think reach when played wide has been a good player for Wednesday, but we have an old fashioned mentality with some of our fan base who like a trier like Andy Booth, who in my opinion is one of the worst players I’ve seen in a Wednesday shirt ( I mean this in relation to the level they played at)

I actually think Reach could have done better than us and played in the PL. He would have flourished with better players around him.

As for Bannan, in the last few years he has consistently been our best player and it will be a sad day when he leaves the club.

Probably as our only “ flair” players for a season or two, especially since Fessi and Hooper departed.

The opposing managers have a pretty easy job when they play Wednesday.... “ok, you stick to Barry Bannan, stop him running the show... the rest of you, if Reach gets the ball then close him down before he try’s a glory lob because one out of every fifteen go in “

4 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Amazed people are so obsessed with Reach’s (a winger) tackling 

Mind boggling 

But its not just his tackling though, when he's in possession of the ball he's just not aggressive enough. Always seems to take the easy option, never seems to drive at a player to draw a foul. I know Harris has his critics but at least he'll have a go and not be frightened to get a kick or two.

• Like 2