NEIL THOMPSON

It would be monumentally silly to give him the job in our current position. He's doing a great job of steadying the ship, but why change anything when things are going well and the pressure is completely off him, in a sense.

Review his position at the end of the season, if we don't revert to type before then.

1 minute ago, Bpmber said:

Puts Pulis to shame dunit

Just shows even when your under the cosh that when you get the ball move it forward with purpose & quality & you’ll get opportunities to score. Unlike the lump it anywhere from Monk & Pulis.

• Like 2

The team are playing much better than they did under either Pulis or Monk. 

The team are threatening opponents far more than previously and he is even getting life out of Rhodes.

Kachunga I know he missed a sitter today but he has played extremely well in games he has played for Tommo. He is a real team player. 

Tommo was good when in charge of U/23s and team look to have more life and also a spark about them.

I think needs to look at resting one or two players as n last 20 minutes one or two looked really tired. 

Thought substitutions were spot on.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

It would be a very brave or foolish chairman that would appoint another person as manager now. This guy has bettered the results of the previous guys and seems to have the players playing for him.

I would leave it as it is for the time being with Thompson. 

I guess joey barton will be buying a bacon sarny from beres on middlewood road tomorrow then :duntmatter:

• Like 1

Keep it as it is, no need to change it for the time being. We're winning and dare I say it even scoring goals

He's not afraid to attack which is what we've all been saying for months. Go for the win instead of parking the bus and we will get results

I’ve given DC stick over the management situation, but maybe he’s got this one right?

Leave it how it is. We’re picking up points. Don’t announce anyone new and don’t announce it’s Thompson’s. Just leave everything just like this for the time being.

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Haha 1

I’m just expecting the Chairman to

leave it alone. No need to make an announcement. Also credit to Bullen. It seemed a bit unfair on him when he got demoted to the under-23s. It seemed as though Monk was pointing the finger in his direction for last season’s spectacular collapse?

Anyway there’s a few people both inside and outside the club flicking two fingers in Monk’s direction tonight? ✌️

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I’ve given DC stick over the management situation, but maybe he’s got this one right?

Leave it how it is. We’re picking up points. Don’t announce anyone new and don’t announce it’s Thompson’s. Just leave everything just like this for the time being.

having a manager is overrated anyway.