NEIL THOMPSON

Thommo for manager. If it was someone brought in with an exotic sounding foreign name from an exotic European club he would be hailed as the new Messiah. His record speaks for itself. Bob Paisley came in from Bill Shankly's back room staff and didn't do too bad.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Sticky Micky said:

Don't do anything leave it alone 

He's doing great 

Whose to say he even wants the job 

This ^^^^^ 

I don't understand the fascination in wanting to give him the official manager title. We are playing better under him, he seems happy to keep things as they are, and it's not like people will be sniffing around to pinch him off us. Keep it as it is for as long as we can, no point disrupting things

Get service to Jordan the goals will come!!!! If he's still at SWFC next season he needs a regular start.

Thompson announced as manager and build on this current squad in summer we are onto a winner.

3 key players for me 

Westwood!

Shaw!

Rhodes!

I'm a firm believer that Jordan still has what I takes he still has another good season 20+ goals in him.

Westwood for me is still one of the best in this league and genuinely seemed happy to be here and I'm sure this is still the case under Neil.

Shaw what a prospect we have here? A massive supporter of Wednesday why would he go anywhere else tie him down and watch us fly.

We have some hope with this squad to build on if only this season had just kicked off hey? We'd surely be playoff candidates for sure 

Now I'm not getting giddy here just trying to be positive not really been much around here for some time! 

Role on summer.

17 hours ago, Frank_Lucas said:

Get service to Jordan the goals will come!!!! If he's still at SWFC next season he needs a regular start.

Thompson announced as manager and build on this current squad in summer we are onto a winner.

3 key players for me 

Westwood!

Shaw!

Rhodes!

I'm a firm believer that Jordan still has what I takes he still has another good season 20+ goals in him.

Westwood for me is still one of the best in this league and genuinely seemed happy to be here and I'm sure this is still the case under Neil.

Shaw what a prospect we have here? A massive supporter of Wednesday why would he go anywhere else tie him down and watch us fly.

We have some hope with this squad to build on if only this season had just kicked off hey? We'd surely be playoff candidates for sure 

Now I'm not getting giddy here just trying to be positive not really been much around here for some time! 

Role on summer.

And you still believe in the tooth fairy. All this has been tried time after time. He gets the occasional goal and some think he's the answer to our scoring problems. Scored 22 goals in the last 5 seasons. Not being pessimistic but real. Agree about Westwood, but not so sure Shaw will stay.

On 03/02/2021 at 00:00, Royal_D said:

Not too sure that it was a case of egos with Garry Monk, he’s just a poor manager

Pulis though , absolutely , he made an absolute show of himself here in my opinion 

I agree Pulis made himself look daft during his short time here.

Did come across that football had moved on and he hadn't.

Overall he has had a very good career but even 10 years ago his methods were getting out of date yet he does 100% the same things at every club.

14 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

And you still believe in the tooth fairy. All this has been tried time after time. He gets the occasional goal and some think he's the answer to our scoring problems. Scored 22 goals in the last 5 seasons. Not being pessimistic but real. Agree about Westwood, but not so sure Shaw will stay.

Now can you base this on minutes played? As well as service provided we have lacked service to any of our strikers not really had much since Wallace left IMO

34 minutes ago, Frank_Lucas said:

Now can you base this on minutes played? As well as service provided we have lacked service to any of our strikers not really had much since Wallace left IMO

Grrr the ball is in the area all the bloody time, the trouble is the attackers aren't.  The other night was the first time in ages I can remember Rhodes making such a determined effort to get to the ball.

Also a decent forward can score a goal by his ability, get the ball in midfield and go for it. 

He's just playing simple tactics and strategies. 

Work hard as a team together and a balance between all out attack and defence. Pick your moments and take your opportunities, but try to be solid as a unit when not in possession. 

It's not rocket science really. 

Move the ball quick enough to create space and get players in the right positions in the team and positions on the pitch where they can work effectively. 

On 04/02/2021 at 09:33, matthefish2002 said:

I agree Pulis made himself look daft during his short time here.

Did come across that football had moved on and he hadn't.

Overall he has had a very good career but even 10 years ago his methods were getting out of date yet he does 100% the same things at every club.

Pullis just didn't have a spine of players capeble of playing HIS style, but that was the problem he either couldn't or wouldn't change to accommodate what he had available.. 

When he took over at Middlesbrough he inherited a side mainly built by the highly defensive karanka like ayala and a big quick mobile unit of a cf they had paid abut £10/12 million for in asombalonga. 

So he had everything at his disposal he needed. Hence he did well at Boro., we on the other hand had very few players capable of playing pullis ball. The likes of bannan and reach would have been nowhere near a side built by him if he'd had more suited options.