NEIL THOMPSON

11 minutes ago, Quist said:

The team are playing much better than they did under either Pulis or Monk. 

The team are threatening opponents far more than previously and he is even getting life out of Rhodes.

Kachunga I know he missed a sitter today but he has played extremely well in games he has played for Tommo. He is a real team player. 

Tommo was good when in charge of U/23s and team look to have more life and also a spark about them.

I think needs to look at resting one or two players as n last 20 minutes one or two looked really tired. 

Thought substitutions were spot on.

How did Urhoghide play?

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

How did Urhoghide play?

He did well in the game gave ball away couple of times when trying to do too much. He looked tired in last 20 minutes He was replaced by Dunkley. He can be satisfied with his nights work.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

It would be a very brave or foolish chairman that would appoint another person as manager now. This guy has bettered the results of the previous guys and seems to have the players playing for him.

I would leave it as it is for the time being with Thompson. 

Totally agree!

Well done NT.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Elvin Parsnip said:

Inspired move by DC to put him in control and not Bullen 

To be fair Thompson and Bullen were both very much involved at Bournemouth tonight.

Between the two of them they know the strengths and weaknesses of those players, especially the youngsters, better than anyone. Bringing in a new manager now would likely halt the momentum that’s gathering pace.

• Like 1

When you in our position the spirit of the squad is the only thing that will save us. Thompson and Bullen have definitely got the players on board. I thought we were going to be lucky to hang on but the substitutions were made not to shut up shop but to give us a chance of the win. The players must feel Thompson believes in them and will play their hearts out for the bloke. He also has set the team up as well as is possible given the squad we have. 
Sure it’s just a few games, and the wheels might come off etc etc but at least we are giving it a go, not just accepting our fate!

You say you can’t polish a turd but Thomson and Bullen are giving it a bloomin good go!

• Like 1