DC or Administration

A bit of a worse case scenario but if DC chose to walk away there is absolutely no guarantee a new (mega-rich) owner could be found who would pay the debts or the on going costs of running the club. Therefore given a straight chose what would you prefer:

1. DC to continue (and the chaos this may continue to entail)

2. Administration (and all this may entail - relegation, fire sale of assets etc, think Wigan and Bolton)

1 minute ago, Siggijonsson said:

A bit of a worse case scenario but if DC chose to walk away there is absolutely no guarantee a new (mega-rich) owner could be found who would pay the debts or the on going costs of running the club. Therefore given a straight chose what would you prefer:

1. DC to continue (and the chaos this may continue to entail)

2. Administration (and all this may entail - relegation, fire sale of assets etc, think Wigan and Bolton)

Considering even with option 1 we will be relegated and the majority of our squad will walk away for nothing in a couple of months anyway... option 2.

• Like 1

Not sure we would come out of administration.

In this financial climate no one is going to buy a club that looses millions with averagely paid players in the ‘good’ times.

If there is someone then they must be crazy which doesn’t bode well for the future.

I’m worried about our long term future, and I think football in generally might chance a lot over the next few years.

• Like 5

I actually think that bizarrely Covid could be our savior..... 

Without Covid I think DC would just plod along, killing us with his ineptitude. I think 99% of us acknowledge there is no way back from where we are now under DC. He's too flawed an owner, too ignorant, too naïve and too resentful of fan opinion for this situation to ever be reversed. In essence we'd be a zombie club under his prolonged ownership.

However, Covid offers us a way out albeit an ugly and uncertain one......

We're already not paying player wages again so essentially we can't pay our creditors and there is a strong likelihood we are trading insolvently or getting very close to it. Creditors can force the receivership issue and if the funds are not there to pay them the process will begin. There will be interested parties that already have the club on their radar because it's distressed state represents opportunity. If DC is faced with selling up for a realistic sum or risking losing control of the remaining assets we may get the desired outcome of him leaving. Of course, there is no guarantee that a new ownership party would be better than DC but you'd be hard pressed to find a worse one. Although, we are Wednesday........

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Guest hirstysfags
6 minutes ago, catdog1121 said:

Would DC put us into administration and then buy us back?   Would get round FFP, we could start again.

And back date it for 2018?

I think we'd struggle to come out of administration as Sheffield Wednesday fc. Nobody would buy us, nobody who we would want anyway. 

The whole situation makes no sense to me as far as DC is concerned. We've seen this kind of thing coming for ages, he must have too but has done nothing to try and get us back on the right tracks. He's either lost interest or something really bad is happening on purpose. I pray it's neither. 

22 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

I think we'd struggle to come out of administration as Sheffield Wednesday fc. Nobody would buy us, nobody who we would want anyway. 

The whole situation makes no sense to me as far as DC is concerned. We've seen this kind of thing coming for ages, he must have too but has done nothing to try and get us back on the right tracks. He's either lost interest or something really bad is happening on purpose. I pray it's neither. 

I think there would be plenty interested, as there has been with Wigan.

According to DC, he has received offers previously. 

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

If the club goes into administration, DC will still own the stadium. And we all know he’s like a big baby when challenged, so who knows what would happen...

1 minute ago, jp1981 said:

I think there would be plenty interested, as there has been with Wigan.

According to DC, he has received offers previously. 

Pre-covid yeah. The Wigan takeover has been dragging on for ages now and keeps hitting stumbling blocks