Liam Shaw - Celtic?

Its fairly obvious that it is a made up story fed by an agent to boost the hand in contract negotiations.

The fact that it is not reported in any reputable source shows that. 

Its a rehash of a story in the athletic about how Celtic might be able to recruit players after Brexit. One of the suggestions that they may try and recruit players from England because we are not bound by the same rules now as Europe.

Some of the bizarre comments that Scotland is a different country so wont have to pay are just weird....you do know as part of the UK they have left the EU too...dont you?...Surely?

Its just another bash at the club from the same old posters

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

But he would be an important player for us next season in league 1 with potential to improve, if we could come back first time of asking or be worth more in transfer fees after another season of improvement. Personally would rather invest to keep Shaw than continue to fund the loan moves of Marriott and Brown or recruit Hutchinson

I get that 

But people constantly sticking silly price tags onto players who have barley ten games under their belt 

Remember the 40 million pound defence or hirst being a premier league regular 

Or what about Reach will a England starter 

Iorfa could be playing in a top 6 team 

People are getting way above themselves 

And players start believing the hype fans give them 

Shaw looks a good player but he has a hell of a long way to go before he gets to the point where people are saying he is at 

If this time next year he is ripping the league apart then fine 

But a good game against league two Exeter doesn't suddenly make him a multimillion pound player 

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313
11 minutes ago, Dot said:

Its fairly obvious that it is a made up story fed by an agent to boost the hand in contract negotiations.

Its a rehash of a story in the athletic about how Celtic might be able to recruit players after Brexit. One of the suggestions that they may try and recruit players from England because we are not bound by the same rules now as Europe.

Some of the bizarre comments that Scotland is a different country so wont have to pay are just weird....you do know as part of the UK they have left the EU too...dont you?...Surely?

I’m afraid if he moves there the rules on compensation are different to if he moved to another English team, it’s the same as when Hirst moved to Belgium and we got a fraction of the compensation we’d have got from Leicester.

Its got nothing to do with Brexit as it’s been that way for years. It’s because Scotland is a separate country in footballing terms and are governed by the SFA rather than the FA

1 hour ago, Costello 77 said:

I don't know about that..

1 hour ago, Pieman said:

I don’t think they would be. I think they would get there, but not straight away. Anyway, I didn’t want to get into that debate 😀

They would both be at the top end of the division. Everyone apart from them two, yeah they are league one standard. But at least 4 or 5 of there players are top end championship players that alot of the teams here would take.

30 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Some people are getting very carried away here!

Multi-million player, worth £15m in a few years. Christ, we could do with a fee on the scouting side of things if someone can spot a £15m player so easily!

Lad's had a couple of good games, but I remember people getting this excited about Leigh Bromby.

And Claude Dielna

5 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

He can go for free at the end of the season. He’s out of contract. 

If he's a true boyhood Wednesday-ite and loves the club as he says he does, he'll sign an immediate extension to his current deal that means the club could at least get a fee for him ...

4 hours ago, EXCALIBUR said:

Chansiri probably thinks we don't love him anymore and he's correct, the man has put this club on its knees and future doesn't look good 

If Chansiri wants us to love him again, then do the right thing and get proper people around you whos intrested in the club being successful and not for their own bank account 

I can't see Passion going anywhere soon.

(Hope that'll get past Neil).

lol

6 hours ago, torryowl said:

well thats how it is ......we'll get what he's worth  with 5 months left on his contract .  he;s a young lad whos played a few a games and done well like wildsmith and dawson did to earn themselves 4 -5 year contracts which the club probably regret giving them so understandable why the club arnt wanting to commit to long term deals just on potential ....

Ah, I see.

Now that you've explained that it's just how it is, I feel much better about the prospect that the most promising player to emerge from our academy in years might leave for a relative pittance.

10 hours ago, NeonLeon said:

An absolute fraction of what it should be if he goes to Scotland though. See Sean Clare & Hirst.

And look where those two are in their development?? He needs to learn from that stay where he is and develop. 

Guest Hornsby
3 minutes ago, edwinowl said:

And look where those two are in their development?? He needs to learn from that stay where he is and develop. 

Hirst's on £10,000 per week.

Sadly, that's all they care about mate.

According to Sportssalary.com, Cosgrove's on £1,800 weekly.

We can do this, yes good fee but reasonable rate for wages.

Seems our Recruitment Team at last being let to do their jobs. Thanks Erik? 

8 hours ago, Dot said:

Lets wait and see. Hopefully you’re right.