Liam Shaw - Celtic?

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

But Scotland's a difference country.

The lad from Fulham dembele worth £5-10m, fulham only got £500k Celtic sold him a few years later for £20m.

Rangers and Celtic have been doing it for years, but so have Arsenal with Europe. Fabragas was at Barcelona, not Arsenals youth set up.

Sure, I was just correcting Sally when he said he could walk away for free.

It's not ideal by any means.

• Like 2

I'd hope with Thompson in charge (seemingly for the foreseeable) then Shaw will know he'll get game time here. He's also an Owl.

I think unless we are taking the pi*s with the contract offer or he's desperate to make a quick buck, then he won't be going to Celtic.

• Like 1

Of course they do.... Tell them where to go and once window shut (next week) get him signed up. One of the worst things under Chansiri is the utter mismanagement of the young players coming through. They shouldn't get on the pitch at all with out signing some sort of contract. Players these days under contract use interest to get improved conditions. So at the right point you update their contract to reflect their status. We need to sign them up before they get ahead of themselves. Celtic..... A championship team be better than going up there anyway....... Especially as it looks like Rangers are back.

• Like 1

Just now, Bing Cosby said:

I'd hope with Thompson in charge (seemingly for the foreseeable) then Shaw will know he'll get game time here. He's also an Owl.

I think unless we are taking the pi*s with the contract offer or he's desperate to make a quick buck, then he won't be going to Celtic.

Wait a minute... We're taking the pi*s with the contract offer aren't we?

:duntmatter:

1 minute ago, ashley8 said:

Of course they do.... Tell them where to go and once window shut (next week) get him signed up. One of the worst things under Chansiri is the utter mismanagement of the young players coming through. They shouldn't get on the pitch at all with out signing some sort of contract. Players these days under contract use interest to get improved conditions. So at the right point you update their contract to reflect their status. We need to sign them up before they get ahead of themselves. Celtic..... A championship team be better than going up there anyway....... Especially as it looks like Rangers are back.

He has signed a contract for 3 years, just coming to the end of it.

A few weeks ago pigs fans were all over him saying he was signing for them and what a coup it would be.

Talk is cheap in football - I know we are run quite badly right now but I'd hope some of the coaches were talking to these lads and explaining what side the bread is buttered on - Bullen especially probably gets this club more than most - Thomson too as he's been here for quite some time now.

It seems that only to Chansiri it is not clear that good clubs will get interested in 19 years old 6'4'' who is mobile and skillful and can play in midfield, defense or upfront. Good help us with such a dimwit deciding who will stay and who will leave the club.

I cannot believe Shaw - whose potential has been obvious for ages - has been allowed to get into this position.

In fact - am i right in thinking that other than FDB EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE KIDS WHO PLAYED LAST NIGHT is out of contract at end of season?