Sam Hutchinson re-signs - OFFICIAL

I remember the last time we got relegated to League 1, going into that final game against Palace with Potter and O’conner in the middle of the park and watching Sean Derry dominate them for the whole match.

At least with Hutch back in the side, if we do go down we’ll go down fighting (unlike the last time) and if we do find ourselves going into a similar “death or glory” type match this season, I’ll feel a hell of a lot better about it if we have Sam Hutchinson in the midfield rather than Joey Pelupessey.

This move on the short term deal he’s signed really is a no brainer.

Welcome back Sam.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Right...

Truth be told, we could do with his experience atm.

He's an upgrade on Joey P and it turns out Mass is even more injury prone.

Keep him fit and if he's focused, then he's a worthwhile addition.

Lots of ifs in there? If he’s fit?, if he’s focused? , how long before he’s fit, he is an upgrade on Joey if he’s fit and focused but how long will that take 4 weeks? 

poor choice for me , does nothing  to help joey, or shaw. 

plus it’s a wage out of the budget that should go on a centre forward or left back 

Just now, 83owl said:

So it was 100% down to Hutch we were 3rd in the league. Makes me wonder why there isnt a host of clubs wanting to sign him if one player can be responsible for such a run of form.

Of course it wasn't but he has been part of one of the most successful periods we've had in years (in terms of league positions). We were in the top half of the table when he was banished and things for worse and worse. He also played 23 games in half a season. Not bad for someone who is a crock.

He's not the long term answer but he's a welcome addition to a depleted team with 10 games to play in February alone.

Guest Therealrealist
16 minutes ago, parajack said:

Sad to say this is one of a number of things which mean currently i am no longer enjoying supporting the Club i have loved for over 60 years...I am fed up,I will never change,or support any other Club,but under the current regime my 'support' will consist of watching on TV/Ifollow at the pub(when available) & on local radio.

Not one penny from me until things change,or the Chairman sells up...enough is enough,....

2/10

1 minute ago, nethertonowl said:

Lots of ifs in there? If he’s fit?, if he’s focused? , how long before he’s fit, he is an upgrade on Joey if he’s fit and focused but how long will that take 4 weeks? 

poor choice for me , does nothing  to help joey, or shaw. 

plus it’s a wage out of the budget that should go on a centre forward or left back 

I 'feel' Thompson eyes Shaw further up the park in more of a Kieran Lee style role.

Having a midfield 3 of Bannan, Hutch and Shaw has a little bit of everything. Could work well.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I don't know if we tried for him, of course. There's little point asking for suggestions if that's the benchmark though, is it?

I rate him as a decent player, yeah. He's certainly got more recent Championship match fitness in his legs than Hutchinson. The one I'd really love us to have signed is Jayson Molumby, as he's a cracking player at times.

Given the circumstances, I don't think it's necessarily the worst move, but the notion that it was Hutchinson or nobody is laughable. 

I think the problem is more that anybody more appealing as a transfer for us, is likely to be of interest to other clubs too. And our position/situation means we're likely to be at the back of the queue. 

5 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I don't know if we tried for him, of course. There's little point asking for suggestions if that's the benchmark though, is it?

I rate him as a decent player, yeah. He's certainly got more recent Championship match fitness in his legs than Hutchinson. The one I'd really love us to have signed is Jayson Molumby, as he's a cracking player at times.

Given the circumstances, I don't think it's necessarily the worst move, but the notion that it was Hutchinson or nobody is laughable. 

Is it laughable though?

Other signings may well cost a loan fee or transfer fee. Hutchinson was a free agent. So was Green.

We can’t pay the players on time. We’re skint. If we do have money to spend I’d much rather we spent it in areas that really matter. Such as at left back or a striker. 

18 minutes ago, swfcGibbo said:

When was he last sent off for Wednesday and how many games did he play following that?

His last red card at Wednesday was Brighton away (2 yellow cards) January 2017.

He's played 70 times for us since then with 2 spells of 6 months frozen out.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

35 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

*stops for breath*

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Yeah
Good luck with THAT one

I can’t see him playing Home and Away that many times in a row.

Even if he stops for a breath.