Sam Hutchinson re-signs - OFFICIAL

6 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

It’s ok you know.

You can find the fact we’ve re-signed Hutch after releasing him 6 months absolutely ridiculous AND still think he improves the current side.

Absolutely correct.

I'm in favour of his re-signing.

But it isn't the sort of thing you'd expect to be doing after spending all that cash over the last few years.

Mind you, after that expenditure you wouldn't expect to be in the bottom three...

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Who out there is better than Hutch, available on a free (we have no money we can’t pay the players on time) and is willing to join for a relegation scrap?

I’ve asked this a few times but struggle to get an answer.

Because there isnt an answer.

• Like 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

He's not been at Wednesday recently mate

He can't get sent off for Wednesday if he's playing for a pub team in Cyprus

For Wednesday mate. We both know the answer to this of course. How many times did he get sent off in the 23 games he managed before Monk took him out of the team and we spiralled to loss after loss.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Athelwulf said:

Absolutely correct.

I'm in favour of his re-signing.

But it isn't the sort of thing you'd expect to be doing after spending all that cash over the last few years.

Mind you, after that expenditure you wouldn't expect to be in the bottom three...

Correct. It’s a sad indictment of the way the club has been ran that we have to go back for a former player we released literally a few months ago.

Yet he will still improve us which is even more tragic.

1 minute ago, swfcGibbo said:

For Wednesday mate. We both know the answer to this of course. How many times did he get sent off in the 23 games he managed before Monk took him out of the team and we spiralled to loss after loss.

Were we also not 3rd in the league? 🤪 but yeah what a tragic move. 

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What happened between them to cause it?

No idea but i am pretty sure that the problem was with Monk. Infact he has a history of conflict with players in his managerial history. Now im not saying Hutch or the others are blameless, i can see Hutchinson challenging whats being said told to players which could come across as disruptive, but i bet he does it all the time. Good managers take things on board and explain. It could also be called a winning mentality. I guess we will never know.

If he helps us stay up its a good move.

• Like 1

Will he be sent off for his first game probably

Will he last couple of games and be out for  3-weeks to 4 weeks at a time most definitely

If and when we get the new manager in willy decided he doesn't like him and does not want to play for him 100% certain

That's why in my logic you never ever go back.

No backbone signing by Sheffield Wednesday and a Pitiful chairman

Edited by Owlsend

forget the name its a simple question, is this player we've signed better than what we've got in those positions? 

And for me yes he is 

Therefore in my opinion we've signed a player for 6 months who will help us in our relegation battle, that's it no more no less 

2 minutes ago, swfcGibbo said:

Yep. Sorry we weren't 3rd in the league when Hutch was removed from the team but the form just got worse and worse as a result.

So it was 100% down to Hutch we were 3rd in the league. Makes me wonder why there isnt a host of clubs wanting to sign him if one player can be responsible for such a run of form.

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

How do you know we didn’t try for him?

And is he that good? Nowhere near the Leicester squad and by all accounts didn’t pull up any trees on loan at Barnsley. 

Also can he cover a few positions like Hutchinson? Don’t think he can. 

I don't know if we tried for him, of course. There's little point asking for suggestions if that's the benchmark though, is it?

I rate him as a decent player, yeah. He's certainly got more recent Championship match fitness in his legs than Hutchinson. The one I'd really love us to have signed is Jayson Molumby, as he's a cracking player at times.

Given the circumstances, I don't think it's necessarily the worst move, but the notion that it was Hutchinson or nobody is laughable. 

This is very much a Covid signing and it wouldn't be happening otherwise.

Nobody is spending money.

No foreign players are coming in. 

Its another option. He isn't the worst player at this level.

And yes its still depressing but there it is.

• Like 2